Notices

Failed again...

Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Angry Failed again...

...like so many other alcoholics. But I'm not whipped yet because I'm a strong person and I refuse to give up without a fight. Next stop is my doctor to ask for Topamax...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...max+alcoholism

AA did'nt work (for me personally), I drank right through Naltrexone and Campral at the prescribed dose did not do as well as expected and produced severe side effects (including a raging headache). At a lower dose, it worked for awhile but I was right back to drinking again.

I have always had a rough life. I will never give up and if I do, I will at least go down fighting.

Now I'm p*ssed!!!

Need4Change
Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

I am proud of you for coming here and starting over with all the knowledge you've acquired from the other times. Now it's different, because you know more and what to do when the times get rough.

You have what it takes. You have the right spirit for it.

And what you need to do it is in you and in the world. So you can do it.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My Hillbilly brother, Dee, Anna, Rusty zipper,hers who names I can't remeber through my alcoholic fog...I wish I could write long PM's to them...chat with them daily through PM's and even have them come live with me in my home. God bless all
Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My above post is the victim of modern day computers. Text overwriting itself. I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem and it has happened time and time again in Linux, Windows and the MAC over the course of many long years. Time for yet another reboot...

Need4Change
Old 12-07-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Need4, AA etc are only gonna work if you are ready to quit.

There aint no magic pil.

I know youre trying hard but the answer is within you, not Doctors, tablets or AA.

When I fully realised this, (and also asked for help in the form of AA, in my case), I started to progress.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You cant expect AA to 'work for you', you have to go to AA with YOU ready to work for YOU.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

yep recovery is something we 'do' not something we take. whatever program or support you have you need to work it and to perserver in spite of obstacles and failures.

Kevin
Old 12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, I respect and appreciate your advice and opinion but I am looking for a medical solution to make things easier for me. I realize that this forum is biased toward AA and that any other solution short of that will be frowned upon but as I just stated (as myself and many others have in the past), it just did not work for me. If that makes me a "bad guy" then I apologize and perhaps I should move on but I really hope I don't end up having to do that.

PS: I HAVE already gone to AA and it did not work for me. Sorry, but we are each different and each of us will respond to a different solution. AA is so 40's-ish...we are living in 2007 now (almost 2008). I'd like to think that the world has progressed beyond that.

Need4Change

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Need4, AA etc are only gonna work if you are ready to quit.

There aint no magic pil.

I know youre trying hard but the answer is within you, not Doctors, tablets or AA.

When I fully realised this, (and also asked for help in the form of AA, in my case), I started to progress.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

This forum is recovery based. Who cares how we do it so long as it works. So don't use that as an excuse to....
Old 12-07-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you kind sir, I'm not. In fact, I'm REALLY trying.

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
This forum is recovery based. Who cares how we do it so long as it works. So don't use that as an excuse to....
Old 12-07-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Need4 - I don't think this forum is AA biased...I just think that it has worked for so many people, that they want to share that hope with you. Nobody here (look at me, speaking for everyone) thinks of you as the "bad guy" or wishes to see you move on from the forum - least of all me.

I applaud you for going to the doctor...make sure you are sober when you go and are straight with him, ok? Maybe there is a medical solution that can help you (I am the dumb, broke hillbilly in the family, remember!), but I don't know much about that side of things.

As long as you are fighting, you are not going to lose. Whether you include AA or anything else in your recovery, Stone and Kevin are spot on with the idea that you have to work for you...and we're here to help as much as we can.

Stay close. Try to sleep tonight and start again tomorrow. Love ya, J
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Need4Change View Post
Thank you kind sir, I'm not. In fact I'm not. I'm REALLY trying.
Fantastic
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Redundancy noted in my post. Illogical. That does not compute. Encouragement noted and appreciated. Topamax...talk to dr. on Monday. Message taken. Out.

Need4Change

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
Fantastic
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Have a great rest and my best advice is still One day at a time, cos when I crawled into recovery that was all I could understand and it was something I knew I had a shot at.

I pay attention to my spirit today more than my head and I put the days and a good life together one day at a time.

Kevin
Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I wasnt pushing AA on ya, Need4.

Whatever help you get is great.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This is my point, nothing to do with AA.

There aint no magic pil.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry if I offended. I am drunk...yet again...you ALL know how it is...think back to when you were drunk...the countless excuses...Oh, I'm gonna quit for good this time...relapse...drink...relapse...wash...rinse... repeat.

I love this forum. I love ALL of you. I'm just having a tought go of it. Please understand and don't take offense. I mean no harm. I'm only searching and learning and...

Need4Change
Old 12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

no offense taken by me, Need4. I hope you find what you are searching for real soon. get some sleep and we'll talk tomorrow. You are in my prayers. J
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey N4C...
I hope the medical solution works for you.

But essentially...you gotta want NOT to drink more than you want to.
It's that simple and that hard.

and IMO no tablet's gonna get you to that point, if you don't wanna be there.
But I'm happy to admit my way may not be yours.

I'm now gonna step out of the way and let the AAers beat you a bit LOL

D
Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So A.A. doesn't work. What does? Nothing is going to remove your desire to drink, if that's what you're looking for. It takes determination and will power. If you are really serious about quitting you may just have to knuckle down like everyone else did.
A.A. is not a miracle cure. It's a support group that will support you when you need it. If you were misled into thinking A.A. would remove the cravings, then you've been sold a lie.