Notices

Tell us something about YOU!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
My name is Scott Arthur K., I'm a proud single father of two beautiful kids. I like motorcycle rides in good weather, anything outdoors, cooking, reading, paintball, and amateur astronomy.

More than anything, I love recovery! The programs of AA and CoDA have given me a new lease on life that I'm very grateful for.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi, i'm Dani. glad to be here!
don't worry Wiscgirl, i have 6 cats (plus an outdoor one i just started feeding) & 3 dogs - & i found a man! haha!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hi, I'm Ted, living in a sober house in Maine. Currently single but staying out of relationships for now. Working the steps, lots of meetings, and focusing on my sobriety. Looking for work and should have some word soon. I really miss my 5 cats!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by discoveringme View Post
My name is Angie from Minnesota you betcha!

I am an avid ghost hunter and I love storms. I would love to take a storm chasers trip someday!! Love scary Movies old and new!

My name is barb and I'm an Alcoholic. I'm a momma to 4 cats. I'm also like Discoveringme and love ghost stories and new and old horror movies. Do you like Stephen King? I love his books.

Barb
Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my name is Josh...i am a laid off character animator / animation coordinator....living in LA. have been sober for just under a month. i am single....but still doing the dating thing. i like movies, music, playing ice hockey and drawing. so i try to do that stuff as much as possible until the next project comes along.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi!!! My name is Cathy, I am a very grateful recovering Alcoholic, I have 13 1/2 wonderful years sober. I am a professionally trained Chef and I cooked for over 18 years....I gave up my passion for my Son (crazy hours) I didn't want him to miss me because I worked weekends, nights and holidays. I was very fortunate to have been hired from my last job to be an Auto Repair service writer (quite a change) 7 years later, I am the Service/Parts manager...life is great, I bought a house 6 years ago and live here with my Son who is 12, and my two cats...Felix and Micky Blue Eyes..I have also found love this year, I am Sober, Happy and Healthy!!! Oh...and I love cartoons, I watch them as much as I can!!!

Great thread...thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi. I'm a mom of three grown children and one husband. I taught preschool for many years and right now am still figuring out what I want to do when I grow up.

I came into recovery initially because one of my kids is an addict. He is just days away from achieving a year and a half clean. I continue to work on my codependency as it relates to me and my involvement with others in my family and life in general.

My interests and hobbies include gardening, walking for exercise, designing and/or altering clothing, painting (both 'house' and artistic!), swimming, singing and most of all thrift shopping.

Something you might not know about me is, I grew up in rural Michigan. (Go Tigers!)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
Something you might not know about me is, I grew up in rural Michigan. (Go Tigers!)
WOW, another Michigander!! Lived here my whole life, drive past Tiger Stadium almost every day on my way to work...the old one, and the new one!!!!! Go Tigers!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I love to cook also my favorite hobby was making wine and whiskey.I have two daughters and two english bull dogs.Been married 20 years working on 21.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh how could I? I forgot to say I have tropical fish and an african albino Frog called Beko after Steve Beko.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you people sure are interesting - you make my rock collecting seem pretty dullsville..

Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i enjoy cooking and today is my birthday (27!! ahh, getting to an age where it's about time i started acting responsabile!!)
happy haloween everybody!!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
you people sure are interesting - you make my rock collecting seem pretty dullsville..

So k, does that make you the Wilma Flintstone of recovery?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Hi all, good to find out a bit more about you all! My names Mandi, i'm 20 and studying at Glasgow Uni- hoping to teach after my degree. I've been sober just over 5 weeks today and i'm happy today I like to read, go to mtngs, meet friends and family and have a good laugh! Nothing better than humour in your life i reckon- my aunty was saying it's the little things in life that make it special- and i feel this is true- like having a laugh with mates or reading a good book. Keeping it simple i guess!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
So k, does that make you the Wilma Flintstone of recovery?

only if you'll be fred ...
Old 10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

My name is Vincent, I am a 30 year old freelance web developer based in Scotland and have been abusing alcohol for over 15 years. I enjoy drawing/sketching and playing music to relax and enjoy jamming with my friends. I get as much exercise as I can being on my backside so much - I enjoy walking, and cycling () and reading and watching films.

I've been sober for 13 days!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
cmc

k.... I couldn't resist...plus sometimes I collect rocks too! I have a few rather large pieces in my garden from a mountaintop in Tennessee Gee....maybe that makes me Betty Rubble?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My name is Chris, I just started posting today. I am 40 years old and am retired from the Army. I am a stay home dad of a 2 year old. I also am a binge-drinker who is ready to make a change. Hey also I was once a Wisconsin boy..born and raised in Kenosha..."Hello Wisconsin"!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Geez - do we have the greatest people here at SR or what??????

Ok - My name is Rita - my sanity date is 09/03/2003 - which is when Al-Anon introduced me to this wonderful thing called RECOVERY. Married for 15 yrs, 5 daughers (combo thing his & mine) 6 grandchildren with only 1 more on the way that I know about as of 10:50 this morning. lol

My recovery is like the air that I breathe - it is necessary for me to be able to function. I love it. Also love cooking, shopping and College Football - Geaux LSU Tigers!!

hmm - something about me you probably wouldn't know - I'm a recoverying THROWER. By the wonderful Grace of my HP and the blessings of my Recovery - I haven't had to throw any objects at my AH since 09/03/2003 regardless of whether he is sober or not!!!!!!

So great to me all our wonderful SR family!!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
Gee....maybe that makes me Betty Rubble?
Or you can be Pebbles!