Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 601 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Have a good meeting Tanya .

*see Ro? I'm working it .
Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 602 (permalink)  

I'm doing ok. 9 days into my new life.

I've been getting kind of nervous though. I get paid this Friday and last payday I spent 300.00 in 2 days. I don't have a checking account because of all the bridges I've burned getting here, and I can't get one until January. I can go to my companies bank and cash it, but then I'm paying rent 600.00 and will be left with about 500.00 cash. My mind is racing with the what do I do's and the What to I buy's, and the whol am I going to be able to have that much cash on me ( NO ).

I was thinking about asking my sponsor to hold it for me and basically give me an allowance, but I don't want to burdon him with that responsibility.

I just need to figure it out before Friday.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 603 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I can hold it and dole out the cash to you rloomer. I'm quite responsible .
Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 604 (permalink)  

Sounds great, but how exactly would you get me the money?

More importantly though How would I get it to you?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 605 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Pay Pal ?

I could set up a separate checking account to which you will direct deposit all of your money in to.

Now that I've solved that for you... we'll work on getting it to you after it gets to me !
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 606 (permalink)  

Let me know when that get's all set up and I'll get a check to set up the direct deposit and I'm not sure how long of a bike ride it is to your place from St. Paul Minnesota, but I'm in shape I'll just ride to your place to get my allowance once a week.

How's that
Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 607 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Perfect! Now you're making sense rloomer !
Old 09-25-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 608 (permalink)  

By the way,

What country do you live in?

Or what state?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 609 (permalink)  
not a greeter

USA Baby!!!

*NJ Fugghedaboudditt!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 610 (permalink)  

I love Pay Pal but I would have no idea how to get my money when I needed it or where I would need to go.

I really do need some help though and would actually consider doing that if I had some sort of plan laid out to get to it when needed. GT thank you so much though for trying to be there for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 611 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I'm sure you'll get it figured out .

Short of asking your sponsor (which I don't think I'd do... but I'm not a AA person so take that with a grain of salt)... do you have family close enough that would help with that?

I have a gf that lost her job a while ago and her family has sort of taken the reigns and dole out her unemployment to make sure she makes ends meet (she's not an addict or alcoholic btw... just unemployed and a poor saver).
Old 09-25-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 612 (permalink)  

I think My closest relative would either be my mother in Georgia, or my twin sister in Montana, both about 1500 mi. away.

That would be my first way to go though. That's why I suggestedd my sponsor. I guess I trust the guy. I mean I don't think he would ever steal from me. He owns his own home and multi vehicles. I mean sounds like he's got his crap together ya know.

I might have one other person that I could possibly ask. My good friend Jason. I was one of his groomsmen in his wedding.

Maybe I'll go that route instead.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 613 (permalink)  
not a greeter

When friends are friends...you would know by now whether you can trust him like that. Family would be my first choice though assuming you're close (not geograhical mind you) and not feuding.

I see about the checking account.... but is there a reason why you can't at least open a savings account?

I'm off to back to school night. See ya's later !

I still think we're getting gypped here... could've should've been over 100 posts into Bottoms part 25!!!

Stoney!!! Do something about this !!!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 614 (permalink)  

Thanks GT. Come back soon
Old 09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 615 (permalink)  

Hey, RL. I am proud of you for looking into your options about what to do with your money. When I first got sober I had my hubby put all the money in his name. Just to be on the safe side.

I don't know how long you have known your sponser. So be careful there. I would trust my sponser with anything, but we have a long relationship.

Anyway....i just wanted to add my two cents.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 616 (permalink)  

I've known him for about 2 1/2 years now. I do trust him I just wouldn't want to put any kind of burdon on him with such a responsibility.

I mean I'm basically asking him to take care of me. How does that look.

I just caught myself as I was typing that. I know this guy would do anything he could to help me. It's the humility I have to face. Sometimes I avoid the humility. I mean come on, who really likes it. Right? But it is what it is and Hell, this program is, in part, created through humility.

I'm sort of having an experience right now as I type this. Even sober I run from the humility. I have too much pride I think. I need to face the things that I define as humiliating and deal with them. I need to ask myself what have I done to make this humiliating? Shame based program right?
This guy truly is a great person and I know he is trustworthy. I'm just so full of me that I forgot about that.

I'm going to ask him tonight or maybe ponder it tonight and ask tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 617 (permalink)  

lom, give'n the $$$ to someone is good think'n...

and check out idiot #4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQBdlWStZw8
Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 618 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I'm back but eating some pie. Yeah yeah... eating is overated but this apple pie I made...is. so. good.

Loom... I think you'll get some better suggestions about the cash flow and other more serious stuff if you start a thread specifically about that.

See, according to Dee... Bottoms is for idiots. And we idiots come here for comic relief from the sucking ass that living life sometimes is.

Anyway... have a good night everyone. I am going to eat some pie with some ice cream on it and some of the bacon I smoked today crumbled on top. Kinda like sprinkles . Yes Stone... I am dead serious. Everything is better with bacon. Everything!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 619 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bottoms continues here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-25-a.html