Notices

Hello Everyone

Old 08-26-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi OnFire,

Welcome!

You can get through this, but you need to do whatever it takes for you to stay sober. For me, I have to work on it everyday. I don't go to meetings, but I do work -spiritually, mentally and physically every day.

It was interesting to me that you said you want to forget your past and never look back. I understand that, but in order for me to move forward, I had to look back. And, it was very, very hard. I had to face everything I had done and who I really was, not who I had been pretending to me. It was difficult but also a relief because I was then able to begin the journey to move forward.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just want to thank you all for your support. It is good to know that there are people out there that have so much heart and who care. I hope one day i can be as giving and compassionate
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

on fire....carols advice is apt...sometimes you have to reach out a bit on your own and volunteering to help out is a great way to do that...I noticed early on n my meetings ( I am on day 35 and go to 4 meetings a week) a lot of people after the meeting sorta gathered intosmall grps just talking etc...move in to the periphery help clean up the coffee, push in chairs etc...I am sure that will help and viloa...i think some people at meetings look folks over and see who may have the edge to gut it out and may just be watching you and seeing if you continue to come etc. ......one day at a time one meeting a ta time ..keep on truckin...

As far as compassion- you'll be one of the persons who greet a new person to the grp. and there by provide compassion that you yearn as well..part of AA is giving back, as a relative newcomer that might be difficult right now as you are getting a firm grip on your sobriety, but strength can be gained by doing so...you'll get there, easy does it...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Time to move forward!

I was accepted at the new company i applied for. I will be doing some moving around which is exactly what i was looking for. I have borrowed a laptop until i get one of my own. Because i need to talk to people who help keep my mind right. I Love You All for your support. Really, it has been a rough few weeks for me. Coming in here and hearing and reading words of encouragement to people who i know first hand are struggling in life. And i understand where this disease can lead you. Ive been just about all of those places except for dead.
Please keep me in your prayers on this new job. I am notorious for messing a good thing up. But i have a few more coping skills than i had a year ago. I dont always put them to good use at the right times. Im devoting my life to my sobriety. I know how things can be when they are good for me. Those are the times i reallly need to watch for a relapse. Once again thanks for the support and everyone have a great night
Old 08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the new job! I'm glad you'll have your laptop and look forward to more posts hearing of your progress.