Notices

Now to conquer ADD, Anxiety and Panic issues..

Old 08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No alcohol in my blood

Cool Now to conquer ADD, Anxiety and Panic issues..

Well I'm not drinking (27 days now and counting) and I have been taking care of myself (hard to believe), but now I must conquer a new college course, a bad knee, Adult ADD issues, restless sleep issues, lonliness, isolation, anxiety, panic, and dysfunctional family issues that plague me, new glasses, a diet, and finding work. Hey, it's all good, I have to start somewhere right? ;-)
Peace!

Mike in Vegas
Old 08-05-2007, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

You Can Do It!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

start with the sleep and anxiety issues first, Mike, it should make the other things easier to deal with
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Take it easy on yourself, step by step, even if at first they are only baby steps. Trying to tackle evrything at once can be quite overwhelming. If you start with your worst fear first then peace can follow. JMO. I'm sending you my good thoughts and yes you can do it. You have us!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

See a doctor.

jane
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

I suffer from all the issues you mentioned. My eyes opened wide when I read The Promises. One line reads similar to this, fear of people and of economic insecurity will disappear. I relate these feelings to my anxiety and panic issues. The more sober I become, the more connected to the program that I become, I feel all these issues lessen.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi96tears--

I don't normally post here but I read your thread and wanted to say something. My husband is an addict, DOC is xanax. He has severe panic and anxiety issues as well as ADD that he's had since he was a child. He'll be 30 this year.

Because he likes pills so much, he has a hard time taking ANYTHING for his anxiety and panic without taking to much of it. So, he decided to visit a natural health store. The man that runs it is a biochemist and is very knowledgeable about how certain vitamins and minerals affect your body. He has suggested certain things to my husband to take for the add and anxiety and amazingly, they have helped tremendously.

If you are interested, I'd be more than happy to find out exactly what he is taking....I know there is Fish Oil and B-Complex vitamins but there is another thing he is taking as well....
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep it simple, k
Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I ALSO am suffering from anxiety, this is my 12th day of being sober, I had to go to a detox hospital and I was drinking alcohol and xanax, and when I was in the hospital as I felt the xanax leaving my system my anxiety came back, so the phsychiatrist has be on several medications which is helping but I am still having some anxiety.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You listed very well all the bad stuff in your life, what about a listing of all the good? You're alive...that's a start. You've connected to a good community, an honest, supportive community...that's another good. What else can you add to the list? Try to balance it out. Look at your anxiety as an intruder in your mind and order it away. Get out, Anxiety! You are not welcome here. Trying to help...Kate
Old 08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Keep it up Mike!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool Hey 96

Let's see now, your brain is without huge amounts of a depressive drug for the first time in how long? That it now seems to be a bit manic is to be expected. It's waking up, healing it's pathways and so forth. When you think about the damage we did to our brains it should be no surprise that it takes awhile to sort out. In rehab I was told the realignment process for the brain takes about 6mons. give or take. Relax this is natural. And way to go.