Notices

Day 4 - so why don't I feel great?

Old 12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Lets focus on the topic.

Need4, ech relapse is part of our journey of recovery, we learn something and move on. I think a detox would be the place to start for you and or a rehab.

Kevin
Old 12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

And another thing.You may end up hating my guts before it's all over which I can deal with. I'm going to call you on it every time. You'll end up sober to prove that SOB down the road in Colorado didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
And another thing.You may end up hating my guts before it's all over which I can deal with. I'm going to call you on it every time. You'll end up sober to prove that SOB down the road in Colorado didn't know what he was talking about.
It was a hard lesson to learn that I can't fix anyone else all I can do is share my experience strength and hope and be available and get on with my own recovery/life.

Kevin
Old 12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Jackass.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

I really don't need to prove anything to anyone but myself since I am the one who will ultimately either live or die from this disease.

Need4Change

Now we're getting somewhere. Here's your chance to prove me wrong.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Re-read that, Need4, please, dear friend, ultimately LIVE or DIE!!! LIVE or DIE!!! That's the truth - please don't care about proving anything to anyone...just choose LIFE. Love ya, Jomey
Old 12-16-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Need4Change View Post
I really don't need to prove anything to anyone but myself since I am the one who will ultimately either live or die from this disease.

Need4Change
If you don't die from alcoholism, you will die from something else. Same holds true for all of us. I watched my aunt crawl on the floor in the middle of the night to the toilet because she couldn't walk. I then watched her lay dying in a nursing home bed from alcoholism.

This disease robs us of our human dignity and honor, along with our intimacy, and that is the greatest loss one can suffer in life. So what are you going to do need4? You have proven, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that you cannot do this by yourself. You need to check yourself in somewhere, right now, where they are going to tell you no because you cannot tell yourself no right now.

People are getting frustrated with you, like Pinkcuda, because you have tried to go it alone in the past and you have consistently failed. Yet you keep trying to do it alone. That is insanity, and I, for one, do not want to get dragged into your insanity. If you don't check yourself into detox, and at least get clean for 30, 60, or preferrably 90 days, then I am just going to write you off as another casuality of alcoholism. I won't be posting to you again because the only thing I want to hear from you is that you are not going to do this alone again. Anything else from you other than that is BS. If other people here want to participate in your insanity, they are free to do so. I, for one, will not. I wish you the best of luck, and you know what you need to do. Just do it. You cannot do this alone, so go get yourself some help. The next time you post here, I want to hear about how many days of sobriety you have managed to string together. Now go get some help.

Peace.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

The program I work clearly states in the 3rd tradition; "The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using"

Need4 is here with us and clearly wants to quit, its so easy to scare people away by being harsh and threatening!

Lets lighten up folks.

Kevin
PS I would be dead or in prison or locked up elsewhere if people had given up on me 30+ years ago.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

what is this whack a relapser week?

Nothing recovery based to add? How about don't add anything then.

Kevin
Old 12-17-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Agreed. It took me a long time to quit, most people didnt lose patience with me but some people said I was a phoney or didnt want it enough.
They seemed to think if I hadnt done it to their schedule I wasnt trying, I was trying my hardest, believe me.

That is why I got so angry when I saw it happening to Need4.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

To the minority here who are using the "tough approach" on me, yes, that works on some people but for others, it can be counterproductive (no matter how innocent the intent) and end up driving them deeper into thier private Hell. Also, personal "war stories", judging and the ever-popular "If I can quit than so can you and if you don't quit then that means you never really wanted to quit in the first place!" line can be quite a turn-off.

The fact is that if I did'nt "really" want to quit, then I would never have joined this forum in the first place. My intention in joining was NEVER to use this as a personal diary for keeping track of my binges and hangovers. If you follow my posts, you will see (like MANY of us here) that I have indeed tried and tried and tried to stay sober and have even succeeded for short periods of time so at least I'm trying - not to mention all the different ways I've tried (ie; AA, meds, prayer, support groups, etc). I think some people here need to reflect back to thier humble beginnings and not be so quick to judge others.

Also, I get really irked when people try to isolate me and make me feel like an outcast by suggesting that "everyone has tried to help me but I just won't take thier advice". This is just not true and I have taken many of the bits and pieces of advice I've been given here (and elsewhere). Just because I don't return here and make a huge public announcement about it does'nt mean that I did'nt take it and please remember that not everything works for everyone all of the time and so just because it worked for Jane Doe does'nt mean equal success for John Doe.

Another thing that really irks me is the line "you keep posting here". Well, is'nt that what this forum is for?. You might think everyone on the forum is completely recovered and that I'm the only "sinner" here from some of these posts. No doubt, a lot of people here have come and gone over the months...years...prior to getting sober and whined and complained about the same struggles I do.

End of rant...Need4Change
Old 12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

beginning of rant...

ok, evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvry one, and i mean every one i run into that cant hang on to some clean time... says what is mentioned above... ok, so there are trueisms there...

all that does is take the focus off the problem at hand...

and what i ask...

what are you doing for your recovery today?

bottom line...

so need, what?

am rooting for you, and everyone struggleing...

Old 12-17-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
what are you doing for your recovery today?
Not drinking. Not listening to the lie that "things will be different this time". Remembering that every time I drink, without exception, bad things happen. Today is the dreaded "day 2#" and I am still sober. I actually got my near-arrest on video and it helps remind me how Christmas could have turned out so differently. A couple of videos of people with bloated livers kind of rounds out the picture for me.

Need4Change
Old 12-17-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Not listening to the lie that "things will be different this time"
at'a girl!!!

just keep on do'n it one day at a time!!!

love ya!

zip
Old 12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Need4Change View Post
The fact is that if I did'nt "really" want to quit, then I would never have joined this forum in the first place. My intention in joining was NEVER to use this as a personal diary for keeping track of my binges and hangovers.
Hi Need4:

Maybe your intention in joining was never to use this as a personal diary for keeping track of your binges and hangovers, but that is what it has become. It is what it is, Need4.

So what is the plan?

Peace.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

If you look through all of my posts, you will see that not all of them are about my binges and hangovers but even if they were, I think it shows a willingness on my part to at least try to stop drinking which is no different than what any of us are trying to do here (even as we often fail) and what this forum is all about so horray for me .

PS: Day 2# and still going strong...getting ready to eat dinner soon...sober.

Need4Change

Originally Posted by ccirider View Post
Hi Need4:

Maybe your intention in joining was never to use this as a personal diary for keeping track of your binges and hangovers, but that is what it has become. It is what it is, Need4.

So what is the plan?

Peace.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Need4. You really are a very articulate person, as shows in your posts. I can only imagine how much more articulate you would be sober. I hate to see the agony you put yourself through.

I wish you the best of luck on your new attempt to get sober. If you can't at least make it 30 days, I would seriously consider not going it alone again. It's your life, though, and I can't run your life. God knows I have enough trouble running my own life. Best wishes to you Need4. May the force be with you.

Peace.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Just some random lessons I have learned on needing to change.

Knowledge is useless without action.
I can have all the latest information on how dangerous it is to drink and drive but I have to put the action into it by not drinking and driving for that to change in my life.

Trying is a nice concept but trying without action results in nothing.
I can try all I want to open the door but unless I get off the couch and go over to the door and open it the door will remain shut.

To sum it up I can know I need to change something in my life. I can truly want that change but until I put the work into it I will never change.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, I just felt it fit in with the theme that the thread has taken.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

onya need 4

One Day at a Time.

Kevin
Old 12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
problem with authority

keep comin' back.