Notices

I Am So Ashamed

Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't want to do it anymore and if this hangover is in anyway the motivator...so be it.
If you're anything like me, you'll forget it in a few days when you feel better. "Maybe just a couple, it will be different this time...."

We all had an aversion to AA in the beginning. For me, Ionly went when I had tried everything else. I had no where else to go,andno one to turn to. Guess what ? it worked ! That, and all of my pre-conceived notions about AA were wrong.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'd say self-medication is a huge issue here, for sure. I have a lot of pain, I am going through a lot right now...and alcohol/using is always my 'out' or way to relax.

Astro....I honestly never thought that I might loose my son. THAT is definately more of a motivator than any hang over. He's coming home now from staying over at his buddies house. He's going to be gone for 3 weeks and honestly, I feel like I'm falling apart over his being gone amongst the other current issues in my life.

I think I have very little healthy coping skills, I am in therapy...just started for just me. It should be good. I plan to talk to her about all of this.

AND...I drank vodka/red bull last night...and some other crap that makes me feel like other crap. Let me tell you...not sleeping has got to be the worst part of all of this, I never feel rested anymore.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

The pain and self loathing all left when I worked my program.

Since you are here you have choices now. Carry on using or reach out put down the drugs and leave them down. The choice is always ours and so is the responsibility that comes with the choices.

Kevin
Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all for your words of encouragement, I've finally been able to sleep a bit and feel slightly better. My poor liver. Jeez.

If I can't do this for myself, I have to for my baby. I am a good mother under this disease, and a happy, healthy and generally positive person when I'm not trying to hate and kill myself with this crap.

A clear thought came into my head "I don't want to die from something like this!" The way I'm living now, is a slow slow death.

No more.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi sarah just want to say thinking of you and hope you feel better... ugh those hangovers!! I remember them well!!! now each morning when I wake up its so much nicer!! I cant really offer anymore advice than the marvelous advice you have allready got but to say you had a "stuff" up now get yourself up dust yourself off and move forward put it behind you and when you start feeling better and the alcohol voice again starts to tell you that its "fun" to have a drink remmeber the morning of the hangover and the feelings you felt and if you get urges COME HERE ask to be talked to ( well posted too)
all the best sarah
Ang
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Why do I feel so reluctant to go?
Could be you're afraid you'll have to get honest and that AA will ruin your drinking? You'd be right on both counts!

Romeo said, "What's in a name?" However, although you may have once thought your user name was a mark of distinction, maybe you still identify with it too strongly. Time for a name change, too? Perhaps, FormerlySarahOfTheShot?!?Think about it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Amen to that JN!