Notices

Just had to share

Old 06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Sax, it's good to see you.

I remember having a strong spiritual experience in my first year sober. I relapsed a year later, and again two years after that. I kept trying to relive that experience, and I'll be damned if it's happened yet. I spent a lot of time lamenting aloud about my lack of 'connection' with my Higher Power.

Maybe it was a one-time deal. Who knows. Maybe it's the ordinary moments in days just like today that are the miracles. It's all a matter of perspective, maybe.

So long as you are here seeking answers, Sax, I think there is hope.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I do believe in your original post, sax. The day I quit drinking I had a long talk w/an angel. I asked for a sign and I got one. That had never happened to me before. I am not a spiritual person at all....at least I didn't think I was.

This angel is one that I talk to often. Sometimes just to comment on the beauty of the day. Sometimes when something funny happens and I just want to share. My point is...I still actively stay in touch with this energy.

My best to you, Sax. Stay in touch with the energy that the feather gave you. Have faith in it. It will return. It will.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

but maybe someone can say that one thing that will give me hope, thats all I want to feel, a little hope.
I need hope too. Perhaps we can join hands and do this together.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Go back and count the members who replied to your earlier share.
Most are still here and still sober. That should be a
reason for hope. Because...Yes! you too can move forward

And some of us took more than 2 years to recover!
We kept going...regardless of circumstances.
We started over and over and over.

Glad to see you posting again....
Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Saxony,today you've been my angel....thank-you.lol. Oz.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sax
for what its worth, I don't think 'God Shots' are a one time deal, cos I don't believe our relationship with God, HP, Allah - whoever, whatever - is like that.

I've been watching Oz - a US prison drama. It's not a family show LOL but the writing is excellent.

Last week one of the characters said 'you don't choose God, God chooses you' and I believe that.

We may not always feel it, but I believe that relationship, however you choose to discern it, is a constant and enduring thing for all of us
D
Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your kind words and wisdom. I am feeling a little better about things this morning. My spirituality is low right now though, well it's practically non existent. I am going to work on that I think, I am not sure how just yet but that is my plan.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

awesome seeing you sax!

hey, try the knees sax, they come with the package...

good wishes on the journey dear sax...

blessings

rz
Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Sax,

Sometimes I can't see the forest because of all the trees in the way.

I'm relatively new here, since Feb,09, and have struggled immensely with finding hope and the motivation necessary to make a firm commitment to staying off the sauce. I still do, but the members here give me hope because they have been where you and I are and there is strength in numbers, so we have many allies to help us win this battle over booze. I loved the the story of the feathers, the angels are still there, some of them are on this website, and their wings aren't visible, but they are here nonetheless. I know that for real, because they have listened to me whine about this, that, and whatever and they still listen, they simply must have wings. I know the hope is still in you, you may have to move a few trees to find it, but it's still there. Faith may be required till you find hope, so just have some faith in the people here who want to help, and know that if you keep looking, you will find your hope again.