Notices

Just had to share

Old 06-21-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just had to share

I just had to share this as I am so overwhelmed. I have never been a great believer in God as such, I believed in something but never really knew what.

Well today is my 4th day Sober, I have been trying to quit on and off for the last few months, 4 days is the longest I have gone for many years.

Anyway this morning I finally felt well enough to go out so I decided to visit the book shop, just to browse really, well this book practically jumped of the shelf into my basket, it is about angels, I read one line in the shop and knew I had to buy it.

Well I have just spent an hour or so reading some of it and it says that angels will
send you a feather if you ask them for help. Well I didn't know whether to ask as I didn't not want to beleive if I didn't receive my feather. Well I was sitting on my garden swing and out the corner of my eye I saw something slowly move down to the pillow next to me, I thought it was a spider but in fact it was a black feather. Now that kinda got me a bit freaked out to be honest, as wow the book said my angels would send me a feather but I was a bit concerned that it was black and I hadn't asked yet, I was just thinking about asking, so slightly scared, slightly excited I looked on the net for the meaning of black feathers as my book only said about white feathers. Well it turns out it means "to be carefull" well thats good, I know I have to be carefull, I know I need to stay sober, so my angels were telling me this I guess.

Well then, I was kinda thinking maybe it was a coincedence, your soposed to get a white feather really, just so you know the angels are there. So I did ask them to send me a white one, just so I know for sure.

Well I popped out to my shed where I smoke and there on the floor was the fluffiest white feather! It was not there an hour ago and the shed is enclosed, it was amazing, I just started crying to be honest, I still feel tearfull now, overwhelmed, happy tearfull.

I decided I would keep this feather and wanted to put it somewhere safe so I took it up to my bedroom to put in a little box I have and although this sounds like I am making this up I swear I am not, there was another white feather upstairs just inside my daughters bedroom which I know was not there earlier either as I took her up for a nap.

I am just overwhelmed and am so happy that finally I know the angels are going to help me beat this x x
Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Saxony,

It would be tempting to discount this as a coincidence - but I don't believe in them. I think you've had a wonderful spiritual experience - and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Rowan xoxoxox
Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

What a great way to end my shift.

Thanks for that.

ps -

only an alcoholic would ask for a feather, get one -
within an hour...
then turn around and ask for a different color !!!
and get one!!!

LOL
Old 06-21-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Saxony,

I don't believe in coincidences either. Everything that happens is for a reason. The 'úniverse' knows what you want and need and will give those things to you when the time is right.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I've had the same experience. A counselor told me to pick a symbol to remind me to release my addicted son. I chose a feather. I left her office and as I got to the door of my car there was a feather laying on the ground right at my feet; I too saved it. Now when I see a feather on my deck, in the yard, in my path at the beach I know that is my reminder to release my son to his own HP. Now occasionally when I am having a tough day missing or worrying about my AS I burn sage and move the smoke around with the feather. Is it a symbol? Yes. But I have come to believe in the power of the universe and my own strength to heal.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I need to add that I think it is fantastic that you are starting your sober journey. This must be your time to have the life that you were meant to have before substances derailed you. Your potential is limitless because you have come to believe. Get that feather out of that box and display prominently to give you strength to do the very thing you must do...turn your life around. Best wishes for another sober day.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Awesome sightings Strong meessages
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
What a great way to end my shift.

ps -

only an alcoholic would ask for a feather, get one -
within an hour...
then turn around and ask for a different color !!!
and get one!!!

LOL

Hehe, that made me chuckle
Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
believer

you have been blessed with a proof..few of us do....many years ago.....i saw a man with deep blues eyes, looked like he slept on the street...everybody looked down on him, i chose to look him in the eyes...he stopped in front of me, he petted my dog, looked at me and smiled,it was christmas he had these amazing deep blue eyes, he kept walking....i looked down to my dog, when i looked up again i did not see him anymore...i know it's crazy, but in a way he was an angel....to me.....and i was very spiritual back then....he may be a walking human, but he gave me an energy that i have never seen, he had freedom in his eyes....

stay strong, you are definitely blessed, God is showing you his power..
Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

I am so glad that you had this experience. I myself believe in angels so much. I am really happy to hear they sent you three feathers!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I've never actually had an "outward sign" (that I can recall), although I do strongly believe in a Higher Power (the God of my understanding), and I believe all things are possible through Him. I believe I've had more than a couple of spiritual awakenings/experiences in sobriety; but, how wonderful for you to have "evidence" in the form of those feathers.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Angels?

Do they exist? I obviously felt they did 2 years ago! Now I am just scared. I want to believe again like I did before.

I remember coming inside and putting the kettle on that day, then going out the back for a fag, and that feather being there. I remember the feeling of euphoria on seeing it. I remember crying as it didn't seem possible someone heard me. It's why my avatar has been a feather all these years. I still have that feather in a box as it happens.

I don't have faith in much these days though, I don't have hope that I will be given another feather, but maybe someone can say that one thing that will give me hope, thats all I want to feel, a little hope.

Sax
Old 06-08-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Saxony,

This may not be as uplifting as your experience two years ago. It may, however, be more useful. Since given that gift two years ago, what did you do to grow closer to that angel/power? Faith alone is not sufficient. Most of us alcoholics must combine that with a simple program of action in order to recover.

Something reminded you of that day. Something compelled you to resurrect that thread. There is an opportunity starting for you right now, today, if you will make use of it through some action.

I can not stay sober on yesterday's spiritual experience. I have to live this thing, right now, today.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Sax, I always wondered about your avatar.

There is always hope, I wish I could come up with something wise to say but I am too dumb.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
One of my homegroup members shares about dimes. He was told by someone to start having hope and faith in the smallest things, so he chose a dime. And from that day on, dimes started appearing everywhere in his life. That was so many years ago, his faith is strong, and those dimes still show up.

A feather is perfect, but I agree with keithj that faith alone is not enough, it takes action, commitment, determination, and spirituality.

Hope, for me, was recognizing the similarities rather than the differences when I heard another alcoholic share. It gave me hope to know that I wasn't alone in my experiences.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I'm a big believer in working with others to aid me in my addiction treatment efforts...so angles have to be a good thing . Good for you and blessed be in your recovery efforts.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dont believe in coincidence either.
I am more of a scientifical person when it comes to my own recovery. But I do believe in unseen forces. I fully believe we have someone or something looking over us. That is just an amazing share. I dont know how I missed it when it was first posted.

There is always hope. And maybe there is a reason you brought this post back up today. I do believe everything happens for a reason.
Always have hope.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thats the thing I don't have hope now, not really. Somewhere deep inside it lingers I think, thats why I came looking for this thread I made I think, I really believed it when I wrote it. I want to have that faith again, in something, in anything. It all just seems so pointless now though?
Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
JMO, there's nothing pointless about wanting a life that's beyond my wildest dreams and expectations. But to get that life, I had to put my faith in something (for me, that happened to be the Fellowship of AA, then the program) and then take action.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is always hope Sax - I couldn't see it then but I know it for a fact now.

I'd never read this thread before - regardless of whether angels exist or not, your feather story is pretty damn cool - it's a greater 'sign' than those of us get, and it came to you.

It's not diminished by the fact it was two years ago, at all. You just have to believe you were worthy enough to get it, you know?

D