Notices

Hi everyone.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Originally Posted by Fade View Post
Thank you for your support!

I have several questions...and I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. I can't do an inpatient detox due to the fact that I have to work, so they recommended an outpatient program where you go to meetings and such. Not sure if I can do that either.

Do I just wake up one day and say to myself, "I'm not drinking tonight", and suffer the consequences, or set aside some time (vacation days) when I can be at home suffering these terrible withdrawals that I'm told I'll be going through? I already feel it, because I've slowed down A LOT in the past week...it doesn't feel good at all. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, I just need a good time frame to make it happen.
Hi Fade, I would take the advice of a doctor that I trusted to assess me.

If you are willing to take time off from work and suffer at home, why not in a hospital, where it is safer and easier on your health. Does your Ins. cover detox. Does your Ins have benifits for in or out patient?

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, just from cutting back, I would be concerned about doing it at home.

Every thing I'm reading points to one ultimate truth. There is no one thing that works for everyone, but treatment is eminent, weather it is inpatient, outpatient, group counseling combined with a 12 step program.

One sad truth in the statistics is this, those that try to do it all on their own and just abstain and not enter in to some sort of life altering treatment for long term sobriety, usually return to drinking.

There is a lot of information on recovery centers and programs on the upper left han corner of the forums home page under resources.

Best wishes, hope3