Notices

california here we come

Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

california here we come

well looks like im going on vacation in june back home to cali. me and my son will be flying into burbank thats where my family is from. my aunt works for disney and she already got us free tickets to disneyland, universal, and a tour of warner brothers studios. so my son michael is going to have a blast. im scared tho. you see i left california way back to get away from all the drugs. im very close to my brother tracy. he has already set up some girls for me and plans on partying me out he says. if there was one thing about my brother that we both have in common it is drinking and doing drugs. thats how are relationship is. how do i tell him hey ill take the girls just leave the dope alone lol. i cant party like that anymore. plus i will have my son with me. i guess ill just tell him how it is. he should relize that with me being a father i cant be there to do drugs and drink. i gotta watch my son. i just hope he understands. so im confussed and scared to go back home. it will be nice to see every one but i just hope im strong enough. jason
Old 04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jason,

It sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned with your son.

Make a plan before you go. That way when situations arise, you will already know what you are going to do.

Your son is adoreable and deserves a sober father to guide him through life.

Good luck to you and have a great trip.

Carol
Old 04-19-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jason,

It sounds like a really great vacation.

I think that you can't change how your brother feels about things or what he does, but you can change what you do. This sounds like it could be hard, so have a plan and a backup plan.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

what a nice trip for you and your son. 51anna and iwant are right, have a good back up plan. blessings, k
Old 04-19-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

knee-jerk reaction for me was 'don't go' - but that's just me.

Vacations are wonderful opportunities to spend time with our children and families, but if you're going to be partying with these women and your brother .. I don't know.

Definitely have some sort of plan and/or supports in place before you go. Please be careful, Jason.

Rowan
Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jason! smart to speak up here right away!

Hey, I'm 10 minutes away from Burbank, and can introduce you to lots of fun sober people.

If it were me, and my sobriety/son/family/life were important enough, I would tell him just like you told us.

It will be SO freeing!!!!

Take a stand. The sooner the better.

Tom
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

pasadena huh. thats pretty close to burbank for sure. i called my brother last nite and told him like it is. he said no prob dude. he also said it will be hard to keep the same attitude once i get here but he wont pressure me at all. thats a big relief. im thinking in the back of his mind he will figure im gonna slip. but i plan to surprise everyone this time. i want to relax on my vacation. not be all speeded out. thats the drug out there meth. its easyer to score meth out there than any where else ive been. its a terible drug and i have fallen for that drug in the past. she's a b!tch and she knows how to use you. so im staying away.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good job topetah!!
I would definitely try to hook up with Tom while your there and go to some meetings with him. Either that or hang out for a while and let him know how you are handling things.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Jason -

I live in San Diego. So Cal is beautiful in June - it can be somewhat gloomy and the water may not be over warm, but it is still beautiful.

Glad you talked to your brother, but it sounds like he just does not get it. There are meetings all over the place at every hour of the day or night. Have the local AA chapter mail you a schedule, or check on line. Have something lined up. I'd take 1 day up on his offer!!

I'd spend more time with your son than your brother!

TinLizzy
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jason, hope we can make plans. I have my son every other weekend.......

Tom
Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Jason?