Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using? Part 17

Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

i'm back! feeling better too, finally. need to read back.

beezy-- i love the hawk. i remember your beautiful story back in the fall.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

beezy that was so cool to get a message from that...whatever you call it...power source. I've got a fever and I'm wrapped up in a blanket with a cup of hot tea shivering, then I felt a whole new wave of shivers reading this.

jules, am I reading/remembering correctly that you haven't taken any Rx for your pain? That is so amazingly strong and inspirational for everyone reading.

ruby your sibling party sounds fun. Mine are fun to hang out with at family gatherings but I wouldn't want to be stuck alone with just them.

my eyes are crossing. I've got to go lay down. I hated that this dumb forum was down all day when I was feeling like a mental mess (but healthier) and wanted to talk to someone. I guess my brain was ahead of the rest of my body in feeling bad.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

(((TAM)))) I want to be you!!! LOL, you sound awesome, health, happy, I am so proud of you. Too funny about the karaoke, my DH and other friends do that , I never would, drunk or not, but who knows, never tried it happy content and sober!! You need to raise a glass of your favorite beverage, and scream outloud" LOOK AT ME NOW"!!!! Graeta job Tammy

((RUBY)) My DH too, loves golf, i feel kinda bad though because when the kids were born he quit his league and now only golfs a little. I think I might tell him to start back this year

((BEEZY)) wow that is amazing, the hawk. Prayers to you and your family

((Jules)) how are u today????

((C'est))) poor mommy, hope you are feeling better.. I am here

To all the mommies!!!!!!!!!, grandpa's and guy friends
I MISS YOU!!! xoxo
Old 03-05-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... I was just about to google SR withdrawal forums....

Jules, I am hoping to hear that the pain is subsiding... Are you able to sleep through the night yet?

C'est sorry to hear you are sick...take care of your self... no.. even better make the rest of the family take care of you for a change...

Beezy, I think every time we don't give in to our craving it makes us stronger for next time
Old 03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Tam, Pookie...do you play golf? I've tried a few times but I SUCK! I think it's these big ole boobs that keep getting in my way! And my language! I was even appalled with myself! The f bombs just kept coming out of my mouth with every stroke I took... he he!

NYC, how did the cheer competition go? Our last one is March 17-18. St. Patrick's Day...one of my favorite days of the year. That day will be a test! Ok, back to cheerleading...my cheeta is trying out for next years 8th grade team on Wed. She's so calm and confident...certainly doesn't get that from me. I've not been calm and confident a day in my life! So, I'll be the nervous one sitting by the phone Wednesday night, and she'll be at her other squad's practice with not a care in the world....

C'est, I really really hope you aren't getting the bug that Scoot and I had! It was a doozy! Scoot, I take it your voice is back?

Oh..btw, I think I ate my weight in potato chips yesterday. Could that be why my jeans are so freakin' tight right now?! I hate my lack of willpower!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Am I ever relieved to find you all here!

(((C'est))) Hope you feel better soon. The best thing about being sick is that you have a perfectly good excuse to get cozy and not DO anything. Sending you some virtual chicken noodle soup.

Beezy! That is such a moving story about the hawks. Somehow it reminds me of native Indian spirituality (there's a word for it I think, I just don't remember it) where certain tribes believe that animals have been humans in a past life and have been sent back to be guides for us. Good for you for reaching inside of yourself to find the strength to close that cabinet door for good. I am so proud of you.

Tam and Ayla -- I simply love that you two were simultaneously singing karaoke. And Ayla, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. That disease is so truly devastating.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I feel kind of queasy today which, thankfully, has translated into my not eating all day long. Hope I'm not coming down with a virus too...

Stay strong girls (and guys).

CS
Old 03-05-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I am so excited....My H is coming home tody...I read he schedule wrong and just realized it...so i took out some catfish for dinner...I was sure he was gone till tomorrow....

well the house is clean and laundry is almost done...glad i was motivated today....

yay....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ruby-I played golf all right, stroke, shot, stroke , beer, divot, double, you get the point. I am not too good, but did have fun, I used to be a Bud Light girl and drove the caddie to all the golfers, so with me, i don't know golf without alcohol, sad
I would like to try again these days, maybe that would be a neat little thing for hubby and me to bond, yeah right!! LOl

Little Becca has found her voice, so she sits there and looks at you with that beautiful face and then screams, AAAHHHH, and laughs, too funny
Old 03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

i am part cherokee....
Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Cool

Morning Mums.

Kevin
Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Beezy, that is wonderful news, DH's always make us feel better(especially when they have been gone) They know us so well and love us unconditionally
Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi Kev
How is it there in Australia?? How are u??
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

good here and late for work

Kevin
Old 03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

hi all - hello-
have one kid with bronchitis and ear infection and the other has sinus infection and ear infection! fun at my house!!!!

nobody is sleeping here for the past few nights... sorry if i was surly a few nights back.

i am sober but really not wanting to be lately... (could it be the upcoming cruise dh and i are going on) i mean sober cruise?
wtf? it is our first vacation in 5 years. first time away from both kids... (cry)

76c4de 9A-

sorry that was jack (must be saying hi to sophie)

welcome back beezy.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

((NYC)) I am terrible when it comes to where things are, DH and I are going to Atlantic City, is that close to you, have you ever been there, is it fun, nice??
Thanks!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

((Curly)) poor babies, it is so sad when they are sick, especially bronchitis, it was commonplace when my son was little, i hope they get better soon, as for the cruise, I am sure these wonderful Mom's will have good advice for you, I , personally don't think I could do it, so i better not try to give advice
Old 03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RubyT View Post
NYC, how did the cheer competition go? Our last one is March 17-18. St. Patrick's Day...one of my favorite days of the year. That day will be a test!
Ahh we always come in last, we are a small school 5 division and took all 17 girls that tried out... some have no clue... and my daughters are the only one that can tumble..oh well... it was fun... they were pretty mad one girl went to a sleep over Sat night and decided not to come... screwed up the whole stunt... I glad it over it was our last... My girls rather focus on gymnastics anyway...

Pookie... lol I didn't know anything without alcohol until 8 month ago, I am often surprised at all of the things that can be done without a shot.

Curly, I feel like that sometimes... not wanting to be sober... but than I try to figure out what not being sober will fix... it will pas... I've done two sober vacations, the plane was tough.... you'll do it and have fun too...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane.....

Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Sorry Ladies. I wish there was a better way we could warn you. Also, if you're typing away and end up writing something HUGE...it is a good idea to copy it onto your notepad first.
Hello.

I could not resist a pun here. 3 days back on the site and I'm already joking. I have gained 40 lb. Since I dropped the little bag of zippy pills and traded them for HUGE Zepakotes, Trazadones, and Seroquel. So....instead of typing away and writing something HUGE, I am HUGE and typing away...

Thanks. I actually lost a long repsonse that I was quite proud of..maybe too proud hmmm.

Love,

IO Storm
Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Happy Monday everyone...made it through the day 1/2 sane so I am doing good!!! I hope you all had a great weekend.......I bowl with my Son on a friendly league one Sunday a month, yesterday they pulled my strike ball ticket...and I bowled a strike!!! $112, every little bit helps woopieeee (of course my Son asked for $5 before I even had the money in my hand...sheesh)!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

don't worry, i'm huge too, lol......especially my arse....