Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 8

Old 01-10-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Ruby- This is so crazy coming from me, but-- go for it... the boots and the mtg!! Seriously- I can't believe how much a get out of them. First I was just going Wed and Fri afternoon, but now I have gone to a couple of night mtgs. There is just a feeling there that you can't get anywhere else. Imaginne the diversity, support, non-judging and love you have here. Imagine all of that in person-

4- My best friend lives there and works for a big winery. Both of my best friends live there and both had big wine weddings. I always love(d) travelling around and going to the wine dinners my friend puts on.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

4--i used to add water to the vodka that we kept in the freezer. eventually, it froze solid. amazingly, i swore up and down that i never ever added water to it and, gee, how could alcohol freeze up like that? must be the cheap stuff. (rolling eyes here)

i am continually amazed by the crazy things i did and the crazier things i told myself...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4MyGuys View Post
I just had a memory of swigging half of what was left of DHs Sapphire Gin one evening before he got home. There must not have been anything else in the house. I added water to the bottle so he wouldn't notice. He never did.

God, we're sick.................. But getting better!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

i thought the same thing about the metal detectors....and it always scares the crap out of me when chase talks about the 'lockdown' drills he has in school....it is a scary world we are raising these beautiful kids in....we gotta figure out how to make them strong enough for it.....

brandi.....you're a cutie!! i'm not surprised, though, apparently we are all

this is for you, igfan.....

ooh, can i post that??? she's showin a little(big) booty....hmmm....i guess if anyone's offended, they can remove it.....wimps.....
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

You know what's weird? Everyone seems so "normal" to me. I can't imagine you all in such a "bad" state. I know we have bad days, but everyone has so much to contribute and for the most part are doing really well. (against a lot of adversity) Some of you seem SO together- It's just hard to imagine you lying about frozen 'vodka' in the freezer, being in jail-- whatever else. I know it is because of a lot of hard work to be where you are today-

Anyway- thanks.

**Scoot- what a story!! Although... we have pics of the kids on floaties at 3 & 4 holding Bud-lt cans up to the camera. We thought it was funny.. BUT.. there is also a pic of me at about 6 holding a Coors can!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

morning moms, just returned from our mile walk, ugh
we are getting winter here over the weekend (thanks north people)...supposed to snow monday and tuesday, no walking to school then, that's for sure!
great pics, everyone....
nice to see brynn and beezy....
baby is better....and i got a big ole mushy poop this morning, lol
see, i have ruined all my kids....none of them will go get in their beds at bedtime (and i have been lazy about enforcing it)...we are getting ready to move, where the girls will have their own room, and the boys theirs..i'm hoping it will change.
if i'm up late, they usually fall asleep on the couch (last nite)...or if i'm wiped out, we all just get in my bed together, then i put them in their beds when they go to sleep
in a couple of weeks, i am going to start working on bedtime again....i used to put them in their beds with a movie, and they did ok. one nite, though, miki got really scared (they have huge windows in their room), and now she is afraid to go to sleep in there. that's one reason i haven't enforced it...she is truly scared. she will go get in my bed, tho, without a problem...maybe i will just send them to bed that way.
i will work on baby a step at a time..i will start naptimes like that (putting him down drowsy), then bedtimes
anyway, gotta get to work, sorry this is so long
love y'all
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Ayla, that is too...well I don't wanna say weird, but I felt the same way when I got that sketch of Lucy for Christmas...think I mentioned it not sure though...it looked just like my mom. when the boys saw it and I asked them who they thought of, they both said 'Nanny" My now xbf..yep,x., gave it to me. His nickname for me was always "lucy". He and my sister said that at certain times I look like and act like her when she was "ditzy". (except mine's not an act).Another strange thought....you said that your mom drank alot..I was so wasted in that picture. I had been drinking and taking my hydros for God knows how long that day. It was a windy(hence the hairstyle) rainy day and all I remember is feelin no pain! Thanks for the pic...I'll try to scan the one that I got and you will see what my mom looks like! Funny how I never realized how much she looked like Lucy till after she died and I've always collected Lucy stuff.

Curly, thanks for the compliment, although bombshell is not the first thing that comes to mind, just first pic I found of me that was a close up. I've got one of those really short haircuts right now that everyone "loves and wants to know who cuts it, but I'd trade it for my long hair anyday.

Brandi, I did get some sleep allright...slept right through the alarm clock and missed an appointment. so now, I will have to get up by 5 in the mornin just so I can get back here for another appt. at eleven..does the madness ever end? That is so awesome that you have never had anything "done" to your hair. Hope it turns out like you want it to. I used to be a hairdresser and couldn't count all the chemical processes my poor hair has had. wish I had left it alone! But are any of us ever happy with our own hair? From what i could tell in the picture of you it looks very natural and healthy..wish I could say the same!

Gotta go jump in the shower...long day ahead..cant wait to get back and catch up on all those pages I missed! Hope eeveryone is doing fine!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

tam, did you see tammy boop?
  # 489 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

I freak out a little when I think about DS venturing into the world without me to protect him. I honestly get a little tires of living in the US sometimes. There are certainly lots of conveniences, but sometimes I think one's life totally can get lost in the shuffle. We're thinking about moving back to Kenya after DH finishes grad school. I got really sad thinking about it the other day b/c, fo a second, I was thinking how much I would miss all of you. But then I realized that, even if we move to the moon (provided there's an ISP), I won't have to miss anybody. The beauty of technology.

DH thinks we should look for a publisher, btw. He also thinks that a writer could turn our thread into a great TV show. You have to wonder how many mamas are out there...stuggling like hell to keep it together and feeling as alone as we all were at one time. I wish there was a way to know who they were so that we could reach out to them. We're so lucky to have each other here. Love you all!
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well, Tam I am so far from normal...y'all can't see me the days I sit with red puffy eyes from crying all night or me at 3 in the afternoon still in my pj's, or the screaming witch I can be....the worst though are my drunk pictures. Not sure why it was ever a good idea to have a camera around! I remember my girls seeing some of those pictures and saying...Geez, Mom, how drunk were you?...makes me cringe!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

i have thought we could publish this for a long time....i always think of all the lonely moms who would benefit from reading this.....who's gonna call oprah???

hello, ladies......WE ARE NORMAL!!!!!! normal people have addictions....do you know anyone that doesn't????
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

4...this should be fun...."Us" as a tv show! Ok, girls (and guys!) Who would play you? I pick Roseanne Barr as Ruby. Chubby, sarcastic, b!tchy. She would be perfect!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
NYC- metal detectors..... scary. I guess we would have that if we still lived in So Cal- there is a lot to be said for being in a small town. Although.... whne I went to the courthouse a couple of months ago for car tags there was a sign on the door that read... Please leave firearms in the car... Redneckville, USA.

OMG!!! Ha!!! My husband would love tolive in a place like that! Too flipping funny!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

So many of us are signed on right now. I'm picturing us all reading and typing simultaneously. It warms my heart.

I had a tough night last night. I DIDN'T drink. But, I was so close. DH and my bro were drinking in the room with the computer. I couldn't vent through posting (except one insane PM that I sent to Curly). Then I locked myself in the bedroom with my book. I didn't drink b/c of all of you. B/c I wanted to be able to post this morning that I hadn't given in. So, I guess I'm proud of myself. I'm VERY mushy today, I know. You all just mean the world to me.

Gotta do some "productive" tasks while the boys are sleeping. Bbl
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is closed due to its length. Here is Part 9:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1169045