Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 8

Old 01-06-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 8

This is the continuation of the Moms thread.

Here is Part 7 of the Moms thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-23.html
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ha!, been see'n this thread for too long...

my curiosity got the best of me... geeze, i guess its time to go back to part one... and READ IT!... catch up time...wow, its a big-un!... see ya in a few days...

xxoo, zip
Old 01-06-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning and welcome to part 8............

Can't believe I just woke up and everyone else si still asleep.

Misti- Love you honey. As I said, We all need to give ourselves more credit. Nobody here comprehends their worth!

No way I'm listing everyone this morning- I left out poor Jules yesterday. Glad to see you Liss!

The 4 of us work at a soup kitchen every other 1st Sat. Actually, my daughter and I did it last time and from here on out we are all doing it.

Alcohol was my demon, not pills, M, so I can't help you too much. I know that whatever challenge you are facing today, these extraordinary people at SR will help you through it.

Tummy still a little iffy, but won't push my luck in the sympathy dept here. I was pretty lucky to get as much quiet time as I did last night...

BTW- RZ- I don't think exists here on out thread... Don't seem to have much of anything off limits.

Be good everyone!

xoxo T
Old 01-06-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Joanne- thanks for the picture- very cute. Hope all is well with you and your sister. We built our house. I would do it again in a heartbeat- although......... wouldn't be drinking this time. Hmmmm
Old 01-06-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome RTW, Good morning all.

Like the pick Laur, but how come the men never smile.

No time to chat this morning, have to take 9 year old to gymnastics and my older ones needs a dress for a Batmisvah(sp). This is going to be a chore she in sooo not into dresses.

I am out the door, have a great day
Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Searching for moments of peace

Good morning. I've been up off and on all night. Baby is still feverish. The Dr said it may last 3-4 days and may be followed by a respiratory infection. Well, that's something to look forward to!

Steve, our plan was to paint today too. But, seeing as how DH is still in Heiney induced sleep and I'll be nursing the sick-one, my guess is it will be postponed. Nice of you to help your family out. My family could learn a thing or two. Kisses for Rinnie.

Laurie, those boys of yours have on the cutest little outfits! Thanks for sharing them with us. And building a house? How exciting! I think I should move to a dry county and do the same. There's still one of those around here, right Tam?

Well, I'm going to go wake up the inconsiderate bozo and ask him to make me breakfast. There's only so much I can accomplish with this kid attached to my boob. And typing w/my left hand is taking forever.

xoxo
Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good morning mommies, (and grandpas...) i am picking up my baby nephew and his cute brother and sister today!!! i am so freakin excited...

RZ!!!! i'm so glad you posted here...good luck catching up...you are in for some laughs, we are a funny group...and i must say, pretty freakin great! i'm inspired every day by the moms here doing it with so much love, and friendship, and support for each other...not to mention all the crap we have to do every day to keep our kids fed, clean, clothed and healthy...you can't even imagine....i hope you somehow catch up, and post again, you are such a good friend...

ok, mommies...i have not had nearly enough coffee...i'm going to go chug some, and come back and catch up....love you...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You've GOT to be kidding--another new part to our thread? Holy cow.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am all of a sudden in a shi!!y mood- for no apparent reason...

Breathe and Post. I know I'll get over it.

Gonna blast the music and get my house in order.

4 we are dry on Sunday... I really hope the fever breaks!

Damn :rollercoaster: !!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I logged on here feeling completely depressed, but then I read back all the posts I missed since yesterday and the miserable "about to cry" feeling passed.

I think our cycles have coordinated, gals. That happened when I was in college--all the girls in the dorm had PMS at the same time--I never thought that could happen in the cyber-world! (Sorry, guys--TMI!)

'Fessing up: I let the stupid mood I was in yesterday win. Dashed out, bought a bottle of wine, and drank half of it. Of course it did not help one bit--I should know by now that it never does. Just made me feel like even more of a loser. I have to say that feeling is persisting today--I still feel fat and ugly, and don't like getting old (at the moment--but some days I actually think the grey hair & wrinkles around my eyes look good). I want it to be spring. I want to see green grass, flowers, and birds. I don't want to have a "muffin top" at the waistband of my jeans. I want to WANT to exercise, as I used to--now, I have to force myself to take the dogs for a walk, when I used to be Little Miss Long-distance Runner. I love that my kids are growing up, but I still miss the baby days. I am afraid of my daughter becoming a teenager. I am getting a giant zit on the end of my nose--oh, joy. I feel like I should do more than just be a "homemaker", but what would I do?? I supposedly have a portrait-drawing business, but that really is going nowhere--besides, I never feel "inspired" to create art these days--it'd be too much pressure if I actually had some jobs I was working on. (Well, I do have one, but it doesn't need to be finished for a few weeks, thank God.) The kids are still out of school for the Christmas/New Years' break, and I feel like a horrible mother because I am just dying for some ALONE time in my own house--I don't want to have to "escape" to the grocery store or library to be alone. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? WHY CAN'T I JUST BE CONTENT WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS OF LIFE???? I mean, sheesh! I'm not stuck in Darfur or Ethiopia, barely eking out an existence for my family--I live in a cozy little house and don't want for anything, yet here I am being the world's biggest whiner. (I just looked back on what I wrote, and it's all "me me me me I I I I"--good grief.)

Sorry to be a downer today. I just have to get all this stuff out of my head and "on paper" (er, screen). I honestly wish I had an on/off switch in my brain sometimes. Either that, or some way to actually switch brains for a bit--a sort of "vacation" from myself...

Never mind. I really need to clean the house up--it's kinda messy from daughter's party yesterday. (Which, by the way, was great for her--she and her girlfriends had a wonderful time--they spent most of it talking about Zach Efron, the guy in that "High School Musical" movie from the Disney Channel. I think he must be the Shawn Cassidy of their generation...)

I hope you all have a good weekend

xo
jane
Old 01-06-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

jane, it's the hormones talking...it'll be ok...i'm sorry you drank, but you can start over....

sorry, i still have only read this page...tons to do today...but i wanted to show you...sophie gave her dollie 'sophia' a makeover...

isn't she beautiful???
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Janie- did you not read my post right before yours?? I just went and had a pedicure- still haven't picked up. On the way home right now all I could think about was how good a drink would be right now- I just really want to get in bed, but I can't. What time is it- when CAN I go to bed???

doo doo doo doo- it's my time of the month , too...........

I talked to my friend a while ago- let her know things are good, I'm trying to take care of myself. We started talking about her sister who is a MESS right now. I made some comment about not helping her anymore and she came back with- "well in your happy little world now that might work, but not for this." Well- she is my oldest friend and that really PI$$ED me off. I know my mood changed and before we hung up, I said- BTW, life isn't all that rosy, as a matter of fact it's he!! everyday... I know she didn't mean to be insensitive- just that addict, needy, low self esteem crap at work I guess. Ugh!!!!! Sometimes it seems like a no win situation.

Jane, wanna chat and have a really good b!tch session? Let me know........... or anyone else for that matter!!

OK- enough- really picking up now!!

xoxo
Old 01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Morning Mums and Steve and Rusty

Sun morning here and I got up early so I can get things doen and so I could talk to family in Englland which I did and it was great.

Forgive me for not following the thread but I just love lounging in here.

Kevin
Old 01-06-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

tam, you know things are always nuts here, but i am always signed onto aol, and can reply "chat" with you every second i get
i don't have you on my buddy list for some reason, you will need to im me first.
i'm here
mis
Old 01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning, Kev. Hope you got some good sleep. What is the time diff with your family? I have family in England- been a couple of times. My 24 yr old sister just moved home to Cal. after being there for awhile. She was living in York for awhile.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Morning, Kev. Hope you got some good sleep. What is the time diff with your family? I have family in England- been a couple of times. My 24 yr old sister just moved home to Cal. after being there for awhile. She was living in York for awhile.
Morning TamTam,

Time difference is 11 hours, they are 11 hours behind us.

I slept well after a great meeting and have spoken to my Sis and am going to get some brekky and potter around and maybe go see a movie with a friend.

Kevin
Old 01-06-2007, 03:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good evening Mom's, Kevin, Rusty and all our beautiful children...

Rinnie and her Mommy and Daddy just left. I got to watch her for a couple hour's this afternoon while the kids were across the road at their new house painting. She slept for most of the time while I was holding her, but she woke up for the last 15 or 20 minutes before they came back. She stared up at me and coo'ed and gave me a few smiles. She melted my heart into a big puddle. I can't describe my feelings...

I hope everyone had a nice peaceful day. It was 72 degree's here in Northern Maryland today. I can't remember the last January day where I went outside and stayed in cutoff's and teeshirt all day.

Unbelieveable...

Thanks 4MyGuys...I'll give her a kiss for ya. I'm always looking for an excuse to kiss her. I always tell her I'm gonna "kiss her head 100 times". I love the smell of baby heads...lol...

I know when I was drinking, being the good "Weekend Warrior" that I was, after drinking all Friday night into the wee hours of Saturday morning, I always slept late on Saturday morning and always had to nurse my "Big Head" for the rest of the day. So my Saturday was shot, but I always got better to start drinking about 5 or 6 on Saturday evening and repeated my drinking which made my Sunday shot. I never ever got anything done on the weekend. I blew years and years of weekends like that...

I am very thankful that I finally came to my senses. Better late than never, I guess...

Have a nice Saturday night everybody...

One day at a time.

Grandpa Steve

Old 01-06-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wow......another make over for this thread.........

Well Ladies ........been busy doing funny things today and ended up getting my hair cut.......lots cut off and ready for the summer time now.........but ok with what I got done........

Have to be ready for facing MIL as her days are getting shorter now that Dialysis is cut out.........Bad for the rest of us that are really close to her.....................I am trying to be strong for Hubby and Kid.....hard to do and yet we can all relax in the end a bit.........................

Pray for me and my family that all goes well.......Need to take a run to see the rest of the family and check on those that are sick and worse than that...................

Love you all.....................Little Penguin
Old 01-06-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family penguin!

There's nothing like a new do!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Penguin...

I'm very sorry about your MIL. Stay strong and positive for your family and yourself...

One day at a time.

Steve