Notices

When did you start feeling better?

Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question When did you start feeling better?

I'm wondering how long it took you to feel better physically and mentally after you quit? Once you felt better, when did you get the attitude back that "you're fine" and can "drink responsibly" now? What I mean is, my alcoholic mind has played those tricks on me too many times and once I felt confident again, picked up again...I need to find a way, hopefully through God, to not be tempted just because "I feel better" in a few days. KWIM?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do think that happens, but for me it was quite a long time after I stopped before my mind began to play that game. I was pretty far down and that's why it took awhile for me to begin thinking that I could drink again. By the time, I had enough sobriety to know that it was just the addict voice talking to me.

One thing you can do is to keep a journal from the start and then go back and read the beginning again, when you are tempted to believe that you can drink. Or read your early posts.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna
...One thing you can do is to keep a journal from the start and then go back and read the beginning again, when you are tempted to believe that you can drink. Or read your early posts.
Yeah, really. I know I will need to do that (and read my early posts) by tomorrow or so. I better play the whole tape until the end...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

We are always going to have the temptation but we don't have to react to it in the same self destruction manner that we always have.

We can not afford to use again no matter what our minds try to tell us. I know that for me to go use today, I would have to believe a lie saying that this time it will be different, when in reality it will never be better if I choose to use.

With love and respect

Vic :bananandan