Notices

Help-No sleep, cravings, irritable

Old 10-04-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help-No sleep, cravings, irritable

I'm on day 7 but this morning is a struggle. I couldn't sleep at all last night except for maybe an hour or two. I'm irritable because I can't sleep and some anger started coming up for me yesterday. It was surprising. I have no idea how to deal with anger nor do I have any tools. I'm having cravings for something to settle me down. I'm having one of those thoughts like a meeting won't help me I'm too tired but I know I need to go. Help!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you noticed this?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ia-nightmares/

And Yes! a meeting will help.

Blessings..
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Hey collingwood--I know exactly you feel. I had a few nightmares last week and had trouble sleeping. Today, I woke up feeling ok, but as the day has progressed I feel very angry (for no apparent reason--or so it seems). So far, I have 12 days clean & sober. There isn't a meeting available for me to go to right now--I know my friends here at SR know what I am going through & are always willing to help me get through it--Just For Today. I hope to go to a meeting later today--but my thoughts just couldn't wait until then.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A meeting will change your perspective. So will a walk in the fresh air, and some good healthy food. If you cant get to a meeting for a while how about reading here a little longer?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know exactly how you feel because I am feeling the same way and this is day 17 for me. I went for a run last night which helped a little. Just be easy on yourself and try and keep things in perspective. Best of luck.
JOanne
Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, I was feeling that way around day 7 too. I stuck with meetings and it really did help me. Maybe it would help you too?

The main thing is to know that this all will pass if you allow it. It really will get better.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Collingwood...I know what insomnia is like....I come off a 5 day drinking binge and I can't sleep AT ALL for the next 2 weeks...its no fun but you WILL sleep and that first nights good sleep...when it comes...will really help your disposition...I guarantee it...
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello Collingwood,

Your sleeping will gradually improve, I didn't sleep much at the start, then I slept all the time, now its more even.

Hang in there, you will notice a shift in the next few days,

Love, Rose
Old 10-04-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just remembered some herbal supplements which might help

Melatonin
Valerian
Hyland's Calmes Forte

These all help me a lot to relax and sleep, they are natural and available at health stores
Old 10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for your replies! I just woke up from a couple hours sleep. I still don't feel good. I'm going to follow all of your suggestions-I'm going for a walk, will spend some time reading these boards, go to a meeting and just hang in there. I like what HopeForLife said about this will pass if I let it which I'm taking to mean it will pass if I don't use. I'm going to hang on to that. I can't believe the support that's on these boards. It's amazing.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Hi collingwood, I know you've probably heard it a thousand times before but because you're body is adjusting to not using, it will take a while to come back to normal - e.g. mood swings, sleeping - all that fun stuff. The good thing is that it will get easier. You're doing a great job. Things get so tough sometimes but we just have to stick it out I think keep hanging on even if sometimes its only by a thread - because over time, that thread will turn into a big strong rope that is so strong nothing can interfere

Does that make snese or ha
ve I just gone from normal world to crazy land again....it happenes
sometimes!!!