Notices

I always feel

Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I always feel

Overwhelmed... I try to do too much all the time and am a bit of a perfectionnist. I always want the house to look nice, not easy with 2 kids under the age of 3, want the house painted, want to organize my closets etc.. You get the picture. Can you relate or give me some advice on how to just relax instead of always thinking everything has to be done.
Joanne
Old 09-28-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel the same way a lot of times (and I mean A LOT!!)

Remember, baby steps. Don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Do what you can and then be proud of what you did get accomplished. Be realistic in what you hope to get done in a specific amount of time. Don't make super huge lists that will end up with you getting disappointed in yourself. Instead, start off with a few things and then as you do them, check them off. It will build you up and you will feel like stuff is getting done. Take care of the small stuff now and then gradually build. That way it is easier and more managable and you won't feel so overwhelmed thinking everything has to get done. Rome wasn't built in a day. Keep thinking... baby steps.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too. I even considered myself the perfect drunk. No troubles no driving no nothing. Doing everything for everyone. I hear ya today. Hope you feel better
Old 09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was never a perfect anything .. well maybe the perfect azzhole!

When I get in a funk I grab myself a coke or a nice cup of tea and watch a funny movie video... One good belly laugh usually get's me in the mood to have a better time with the boredom of work.