Notices

Not going down like this.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not going down like this.

Hi. This is my first time posting here. I just randomly found this forum while searching for some kind of help/solution to get this monkey off my back. I have had a problem with drinking ever since I started drinking. (10 years) I wouldnt call myself a chronic abuser but I always seem to fall into binges that leave me feeling like I am in hell. After a few days or even a couple of weeks of staying sober this eveil monster always creeps back.

I have read many of the posts here and it seem like a very warm, supportive, and inspirational place to be. I hope I can find what I need to beat this S.O.B the hell out of my life. And hopefully inspire others to do the same. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Champ and welcome to SR! This is a wonderful place for both support and advice! Glad to have ya aboard!
Liss
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!..

It's wonderful that you are here looking for answers!

We have 2 forums...AA & Alcoholism...
full of information for you.

You are not alone and we do understand...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i understand i drink once a month but every time it's binge drinking then i am sick for days, just when i'm back well i forget how bad all of it was ,
Old 09-26-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

Welcome Champ... I can relate to what you guys have said. I didn't drink everyday, but when I did it was one hell of a bender that would leave me sick and hungover for a minimum of two days. But, hopefully you'll find the answers and support you need here at SR.

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ya. thats the way it seems to go for me aswell. Binge drink for a weekend, feel like hell, and recover until I'm sure that it wont happen again. And then it always does. I am so completely tired of going through this cycle over and over. its enough to drive one mad!!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

And your plan is???

AA works great for me!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1champ
Ya. thats the way it seems to go for me aswell. Binge drink for a weekend, feel like hell, and recover until I'm sure that it wont happen again. And then it always does. I am so completely tired of going through this cycle over and over. its enough to drive one mad!!

Sick and tired of being sick and tired? I know that one too! Get yourself some good amount of sober time and see how you feel. The liquor stores are not going anywhere.. they will always be there for you if you should decide to go out and poison yourself again.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ha ha. Ya, those booze stores arent going anywhere. Too bad.

For now I plan on just taking it one day at a time. Try to keep myself busy with other things and try and change up my routine a bit so I can get out of this rut. And stay positive! I'm way to good to let this bring me down. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

you know what me and my sister always say geez am i ever glad i was so drunk wow NEVER but we've often said, geez had a good time without drinking and no hangover and we don't have to worry about what we said or did or worst what we don't remember