Notices

Wheres my focus and desire????

Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wheres my focus and desire????

Just found this site today, becuase I'm searching for some answers. I’ve been sober and clean for a few months now, and I am trying to work on growing my small business but find it very hard to focus and lack the desire. I do want my business to succeed but for some reason can’t put in the work necessary. Has anyone ever experienced this? Will my focus and desire return?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I hope so *LOL*
I also hope we are not starting the same kind of small business in this area.

There comes a time that the dream starts to take shape and becomes a plan.
The plan getting put into action requires work. Work...well
Just remember, a little effort now pays off big time later. We live in a microwave world and tend to want everything in an instant.
Keep plugging at it and the desire will return. Need any employees? *LOL*
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes losing intensity can be a good thing. Being compulsive and obcessive has it's moments, but it runs you ragged.

Healing from a destructive lifestyle doesn't happen overnight. It seems pretty unreal for a while, or at least it did to me. Recovery has to be the most important thing for a while. But it's like riding a bicycle. You have to be good at keeping your balance before you start popping wheelies.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

617bean,
Welcome to SR. I too am lacking in focus regarding work/career aspects of my life. I think it's a normal experience during times of transition in life. It's good you have a place to start, having a new business of your own.
Being your own boss ( is this a first for you?) has it's rewards and downsides too, you are both the boss and the employee!
I can only encourage you to take your recovery tools along with you at work.
Congratulations for your sober/clean time!
(ps... I like your name!! bean from Boston....I live way below the Mason-Dixon line myself! )
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your recovery time!

Prayer works great when I need direction.

Welcome to SR...Blessings
Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey welcome to SR. I too am involved in a small business, with my husband, and I'm about to launch another with my brother. And I work a part-time job at another company! WORK WORK WORK!!! Well I have found that taking Ginger really helps me focus. I take a few pieces of candied ginger just before I get down to do "the books". I also write down what my tasks for the day/weekend/ week are, leave a little blank in front of them, and check them off when finished. I started my bro on that, and when he finally did 2 of them he made the biggest checks!! Good luck with your venture, be sure to spend some time on recovery every day.