Notices

Early stages of not drinking

Old 08-30-2006, 06:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rose, I am smiling really big right now! YOU'RE DOING IT!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was thinking about your comment about counting days...

The reason why I count the days is because the other times I tried to quit I didn't. I think I didn't because I knew I was going to go back.

When I decided to quit I just focussed on 30 days so it wasn't so overwhelming. Then after the 30 days I might as well add another 30 days. It's helped me a lot. Especially in the first 30 days when I was going through all the withdrawal stuff. It was one big motivation when it would have been so easy to head to the liquor store.

To each their own. Whatever works for you. I had a cupcake that a friend gave to me on my first 30. I intend to hit a day spa on my next 30 day.

Cheers
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnceNice
No, I didn't get a computer for home yet. I have always wanted a punching bag though. I'd like to tape some pictures on it. Mainly my own, but some others too. Ha.
tHAT IS FUNNY, HaHa, but you know I have thought about getting a punching bag also , in fact me and my husband were just talking about getting one the other night not just for me but my 18 yr old was talking about it too- i dont know if he wants to get in shape or if its cause he has had an anger problem in the past which I also have, and he was on drugs for about 4-5 yrs and he has been sober from drugs and alcohol for a year. I would like one and take my frustrations out on it.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. They are expensive though. But Its probably a good thing. Beats eating all this darn candy. I'm gettin sores in my mouth from all this sugar and my teeth feel like they are just coated in C&H pure cain sugar and I didnt get it from Hawaii. Not to mention the scale tipping.

Ugh. I tried eating fruit today but I drifted back into the sugar. Well, I'm not so tired today at work although I can't focus. Mostly on here which I need but could possibly get me in trouble.

Oh well.

Lets all chip in for a punching bag. Will each use it for a week and send it on to the next person. Like that movie the "The Traveling Pants" Oh I'm babbling again.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

count me in...... I could put a picture of a prescription bottle on it .....
beat the crap outta my addiction that way too !!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN

Talk to your freind and see if he wil let you take the 80.00 and go buy a bunching bag it will make you both feel better I know I lift weights when I get that way.

~LIVE LIFE ON LIFES TERMS~
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I juste can't wait to get out of here.