Notices

Class of April 2024 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-30-2024, 01:54 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RunnerF View Post
Pledging for today. Day 575. Arrived home after 1450 mile drive. Best to all.
So far!! You must be exhausted. 575 is a very good number RF
Old 04-30-2024, 01:54 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Day 18 over and out. Keep on keeping on April Army
Old 04-30-2024, 02:06 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LazaB View Post
I am also getting my blood work done on May 17 , i am taking multivitamins , exercising , trying to sleep 7+ hours every night , trying to do everything i can to make the blood work better , i haven't had a check up in years , i wouldn't be surprised if they find out that i don't even have a liver.
You made me smile Laza.

I hope your bloodwork comes back smiling, too.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Here’s my boring (for everyone else lol) news.

Saw my counsellor yesterday. She has really helped me, and think I must have been ready to begin the process. I’ve never really had a therapist who I thought understood me, but this one seems too.

She told me I have not lost my innocence 😇 WOW UMM, and that I’ve made real progress in the short time we’ve been seeing each other. Helping me with boundaries, and caring about myself. And somehow, it all makes sense.

We are receiving torrential rain in Sydney at the moment. It is really beautiful. 💦 🍃
Old 04-30-2024, 02:19 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Daughter came home from school quite upset. One of her classmates took their life last night. They weren’t close but had a class together last year and this year. They sat behind daughter this year. She’s pretty shaken up. Especially that kids who bullied the student were making fun of their death. It’s awful. I don’t understand how people can be so mean and hurtful to others.

Keeping daughter close tonight. And definitely staying sober.

Hugs to everyone. This world can be cold, but it’s good to know we have each other here.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:21 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Here’s my boring (for everyone else lol) news.

Saw my counsellor yesterday. She has really helped me, and think I must have been ready to begin the process. I’ve never really had a therapist who I thought understood me, but this one seems too.

She told me I have not lost my innocence 😇 WOW UMM, and that I’ve made real progress in the short time we’ve been seeing each other. Helping me with boundaries, and caring about myself. And somehow, it all makes sense.

We are receiving torrential rain in Sydney at the moment. It is really beautiful. 💦 🍃
That’s wonderful Steely!!! Keep up the great work
Old 04-30-2024, 02:25 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Oh CH, thank you SO MUCH for this! This is so useful! We have spent the whole day with Molly and she has been so playful and eager, that we have been questioning everything. But this little advice tells us that she is in no way ready to go. Not yet. As long as she tries every trick in the book for a treat, runs down to the water to look for rocks to carry or bends over backwards to try to get to the ducks, she is enjoying life.

I am smiling through tears now.
I’m glad to hear Molly still has spunk and enjoys the things that bring her happiness. If I recall she’s been sick and you’ve been worried about declining health? I lost my 12 year old Pitt Bull to cancer last August. He lived for two years after diagnosis before it spread to where he was suffering and there was nothing we could do. He lived a long and very happy life. His name was Buddy and boy did he live up to the name ❤️❤️❤️
Old 04-30-2024, 02:35 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, clearlyheaded. How incredibly sad. A child. 😔

I don’t know how people can be so cruel either CH. I do know that the bully is weak, and hopefully, one day, will meet their maker.

It is really good you are sober to be there for your daughter. 💓 😞

Old 04-30-2024, 02:49 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
RAL

CH thats terribly sad news. It is awful the stuff that teens go through and their intense emotions, so very sad for her and her family and friends.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:19 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShiningSal View Post
Day 18 over and out. Keep on keeping on April Army
I love this. I know; I'm awaiting our graduation moment SAL!
Old 04-30-2024, 03:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Daughter came home from school quite upset. One of her classmates took their life last night. They weren’t close but had a class together last year and this year. They sat behind daughter this year. She’s pretty shaken up. Especially that kids who bullied the student were making fun of their death. It’s awful. I don’t understand how people can be so mean and hurtful to others.

Keeping daughter close tonight. And definitely staying sober.

Hugs to everyone. This world can be cold, but it’s good to know we have each other here.
I'm so sorry to hear this news and the heaviness that your daughter must be carrying about this; such sad news and so cruel! Hang in there sober. It's the only way.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:28 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thinking of everyone going through a hard time right now but doing it sober.

CH, your empathy and compassion for your daughter is amazing.

Lixie, I'm sorry for your Molly.

FF, you're lucky you made it alive through a seizure. You can get better, if you reach out to sober people. It's not a game but life and death. I finally got serious about sobriety after my friend died in his sleep. My friend wanted to live; he had travel plans. Alcohol and drugs took him from us.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:41 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your daughter and all who knew this girl CH.

Congrats on 575 Runner and on day 18 Sal

I'm glad counselling is helping, Steely!
best of luck with your bloodwork, Laza

D
Old 04-30-2024, 04:26 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thank you Shining Sal. Congratulations on 18 days. Keep going by not taking that first drink.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:46 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Congrats DD on 300!

CH - That is terrible tragic news about your daughter’s classmate. Hope your daughter is doing ok. I can’t imagine how hard it must to be for her and my gosh, I can’t imagine the pain her classmate’s family is dealing with.

Laza - I am also getting full bloodwork up in early May and it also the first time I’ve had complete bloodwork done in ages. I’m terrified. Here’s hoping (1) we both still have livers, and (2) they’re fully functional and healthy!

Sal great work getting back on the sober path this month. You are carrying great momentum into next month. Keep up the great work.

Day 48 for me. I am proud of myself for defeating the cravings this past month. They got really really intense at times. I dug into my toolbox though and am about to log my first full sober month in quite some time. The end of the month feels much easier than the beginning of the month so for everyone struggling right now, stick with it. Things do seem to get easier and I am grateful for that.

Have a great rest of your day all! I am committed to 24 more sober hours with you all. I won’t be picking up that first drink tonight. ODAAT.

We will have to come up with a new, fun group name for May
Old 04-30-2024, 09:27 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Daughter seemed to be a bit better after sitting with her and letting her talk. She didn’t seem to have trouble going to sleep tonight.

Hoping for a decent sleep myself. See you tomorrow. ❤️
Old 04-30-2024, 10:23 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

good night CH

well done again BD

D
Old 04-30-2024, 10:34 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 301 ODAAT
Old 05-01-2024, 12:08 AM