Notices

Class of September Support Thread 2023 Part 1

Old 09-15-2023, 10:09 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Night everyone. Stay strong.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:49 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Morning, all.

Yesterday gof a bit dark, self harmy. Was upset I didn't see a doctor like normal on Friday. I just wanted to change the timing of one of my meds.

Anyway better today. Did some bodyweight exercises and planning a healthy breakfast with lots of protein.
Old 09-15-2023, 11:52 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all.

I'm a true crime fan and crime drama fan too so any recommendations welcome 😀 I'll look better up suze thanks. Did u see DNA. Danish. It's fabulous 2 seasons. If you ok with subtitles I know not everyone likes them.

Happy sober Saturday. Day 27. I shall have 4 weeks tomorrow. Dee posted a thread about stimulus and response which really hit me. I know we dont have to act on cravings but my issue has always been not that they wont stop but they keep coming back every single night. Or so I thought. Last night showed me that's not true.

Hope everyone has a great day x
Old 09-15-2023, 11:55 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry to read that ff but at least you are in the best place. Will you ask them about staying in longer? I know you were talking about maybe leaving on tuesdsy but concerned for you.

Just remember reading your threads last time after a few weeks how you relapsed as soon as you were out.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:58 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I dont mind staying. It's up to them really.

I'd like to see if they'd increase the olanzapine and they'd want me in hospital for that I think. If I don't get out Tuesday my parents are visiting Wednesday so that'll be nice.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:09 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I can get ativan at 2pm if I want. I think I'll4 try do without it. Maybe take one at 1030pm (I'm allowed 2 a day).
Old 09-16-2023, 04:28 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
RAL

Hope you get on ok FF.

I've seen 'Better' Suze -it is really good
Old 09-16-2023, 05:10 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support Pekelover. Hope all is well with you.

Pledging for today. Day 349.
Old 09-16-2023, 06:27 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
The Dog

73 days quit ODAAT
Old 09-16-2023, 07:33 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

FF: body weight exercises er great. Keep up the good work.
RAL: looked up DNA on Rotten Tomatoes…couldn’t find it. I’ll keep searching.Happy Day 27!
Hi Runner!
Day 20 for me!
My friend texted me that she woke up with a sinus infection and is canceling our run. Of course I understand that people get sick. But she does this quite a bit. Anyway, I had two other people that asked me to do stuff today so I could maybe go ahead and ask them if they’re free. If not, I will go running myself. It’s a beautiful day!
Hugs to you all!!
Old 09-16-2023, 08:13 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
FF: body weight exercises er great. Keep up the good work.
RAL: looked up DNA on Rotten Tomatoes…couldn’t find it. I’ll keep searching.Happy Day 27!
Hi Runner!
Day 20 for me!
My friend texted me that she woke up with a sinus infection and is canceling our run. Of course I understand that people get sick. But she does this quite a bit. Anyway, I had two other people that asked me to do stuff today so I could maybe go ahead and ask them if they’re free. If not, I will go running myself. It’s a beautiful day!
Hugs to you all!!
Im looking to get back into running again this week. I used to run a lot and i really miss it. Ive never ran with a friend or buddy before though.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:48 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I'd love to go for a run. Tomorrow is cardio day so I'm going to jog in place in the courtyard before breakfast.

Today was a bad day for food addiction. They left out biscuits on the ward and I are over 1600kcal worth. I'm now around 3000kcal after our third main meal. I guess it's not a total catastrophe. At least I logged everything, normally I go into binge mode and say 'F it, I'll eat everything and start fresh tomorrow'. But my avg Calories were about 1700 for the week Sat 9th to Friday 15th which is a decent deficit with how much walking I'm doing.

I took the ativan at 2pm. :/ The ward can just be so busy, it's hard to relax in the afternoon. Probably the caffeine doesn't help. Maybe I should limit my caffeine to breakfast and not get coffee off the snack trollies. I don't think I can afford coke zero the next few days and still buy elf bars. Will probably spend the rest of my money on vaping. Can't hurt to give up smoking. Vaping is cheaper. It's much much cheaper if you don't use disposable vapes but my regular vape was confiscated lol because I have a history with vape juice.
Old 09-16-2023, 10:11 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

FF: “ I guess it's not a total catastrophe. At least I logged everything, normally I go into binge mode and say 'F it, I'll eat everything and start fresh tomorrow'. But my avg Calories were about 1700 for the week Sat 9th to Friday 15th which is a decent deficit with how much walking I'm doing. ” Don’t get discouraged!! You logged down so that’s good. Just try to focus on getting back on track! How about half a cup of coffee on the morning? That’s what I’m doing.
Mystery man: I’m a runner, cyclist and I lift weights. It’s the one thing that’s helped me stay sober. (But I fall off the wagon a lot). Advbike showed me a great spot here on the forum! It’s called Road to Fall. Just go under “Special interest groups” here, then select “Fitness Health and Nutrition.” Under road to fall we all jot down our daily fitness activities. It can be a hike, a run or a core class…anything! Anyway, if you enjoy running, try to get back into it. It’s beneficial for mental health and aids with depression and anxiety.
Old 09-16-2023, 10:25 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Thanks Peke.

I got good news. My olanzapine has been moved to 1030pm. Hopefully I can stay awake til then and then get a good sleep. We have a fry on Sunday morning, something to look forward to. The nurse said they might look into increasing the olanzapine on tue since I'm tolerating it aside from increased appetite.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:03 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

FF, love, are you doing any "talk therapy" while you are there?
I am thinking that it might be helpful to you to talk about food, calorie counts and energy. s xx

I hope you get a good night's sleep. xx

And hi Peke. and all of you.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:39 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Welcome Wagoneer

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
I'm a true crime fan and crime drama fan too so any recommendations welcome 😀 I
4 weeks sober is awesome Ral.

True crime shows is one of my interest. "First 48" (love this one done in documentary style) "New York Homicide" "Snapped" "Fear Your Neighbor" (oh boyo that one) is some of the top of my head.

Day 383 sober. 383 c.i. motor is a fun one to build up to 2,000 hp. Motorhead me sez.

"I'm doing better and better in every way, every day"

Do well be well peeps

Suze
Old 09-16-2023, 01:56 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Zen
I will look at those shows thanks

Just found another one from 2021 which Ive never seen. It's brilliant. Murder mystery set in Edinburgh - 'Crime' written bu the bloje who wrote trainspotting. It's on Britbox- not sure if you can access that over there.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

@Vc, I was talking to the nurse about being very hungry but it's to be expected on the new meds. Olanzapine is notorious for weight gain but today was just a bad day I think. It ended up at 4500kcal lol, but tomorrow will be better. And there won't be biscuits on the ward all day hopefully.

Goodnight all. Hoping I sleep well. Have been following some of the tips from The Upward Spiral's sleep chapter, and I'm getting good sleep meds in half an hour lol. On the pray section of Eat, Pray, Love. Enjoying it. Read a bit of the AA book too.

Old 09-16-2023, 03:33 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
I am a Child of God

I am one week clean, just been out to a sober night out with new friends from the fellowships, really enjoyed myself
Old 09-16-2023, 03:42 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Lily

D