Notices

Class Of February 2022 Part One

Old 02-01-2022, 10:10 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me today. Checking in and feeling good.
Ive been writing a ‘to do’ list each day of things I wish to accomplish. Posting on here, doing a workout, reading a book etc. So far it’s going well.
congrats to everybody and have a great sober day xx
Old 02-02-2022, 01:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning day 10
Havent been the best couple of days for me, my mood has done a nose dive which hoping it may pick up a little today. may have alcohol councillor phoning shortly, but hey ho what else can be said. im sober.

good job on everyones sober times x
Old 02-02-2022, 01:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober February. Day 1000 for me tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great job on 1000days reid x
Old 02-02-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning from snowy Midwest USA. Beautiful snow storm moving through all day today. Hope to make it to the gym this morning if roads aren’t too bad. Another full day as I continue to dig myself out of the hole of procrastination I was in for the past several months while drinking.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-02-2022, 05:55 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Erratic, I hope your mood is improving. Each day is a new day right?? I have to remind myself of that a lot. Good job with your sobriety. Hang in there
I am doing fairly well. Better then a week ago that is for sure. We can do this my fellow February classmates.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

aww thanks alpine, yeah my mood is slightly better today and correct on each day is a new day and we defo got this xx im glad ur better than a week ago. how many is it now? ive been drinking loads of amount of coffee which i better watch. got work tomo and i havent been out yet again today, prob pick up keys when hub gets home instead. xx hang in there urself alpine xx
Old 02-02-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Newbie here! Count me in. I am sick of my life and it has got to change. On day 3 and I know I'm going to have feel like crap but just don't know how long? Wish I had someone to talk to that knows what it's like to be a functioning alcoholic. I feel like I'm alone in this battle...that's how I wound up here. Thanks for having me!
Old 02-02-2022, 09:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Newlife, Welcome to the club!
Old 02-02-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlife8643 View Post
Newbie here! Count me in. I am sick of my life and it has got to change. On day 3 and I know I'm going to have feel like crap but just don't know how long? Wish I had someone to talk to that knows what it's like to be a functioning alcoholic. I feel like I'm alone in this battle...that's how I wound up here. Thanks for having me!
You are not alone dear Newlife s xx ❤️
Welcome from me too. xx
Old 02-02-2022, 10:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome newlife x as both have said ur not alone, we are all in the same boat. i guess depending on how much u drank its can take 7 to 10 days for your body to get over withdrawels, but everyone is diffrent x You will get through and hey great job on day 3 im only 10 days myself, u have others here who have longer and are doing well. we are also here if you want to talk xx

Old 02-02-2022, 10:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hello class of February 2022. I would like to join you. I had four years of continuous sobriety until September 2017, thanks to SR mostly, when longstanding depression and anxiety got the better of me and I drank again. I could go for long periods without alcohol, and thought, ridiculously, of course, that I was "fine". But the "beast" is back and I can't live like this anymore. I'm older, but sadly, not wiser, and I have more health problems. I live alone and am very lonely and alcohol has once again become my default for dealing with life's problems and isolation. I can't believe how shameful I feel going to buy alcohol, yet I still do it. I want to want this, but it's so hard.
Day 1 today.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Leshar, Welcome! You can do this. Lets take it one day at a time. Stay close to this group. It gets easier!
Old 02-02-2022, 10:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

This is where I came in, six years ago. I joined the February 2016 class and survived and thrived. I sometimes go back and read my posts in the class and it's like a diary of my road toward sobriety. I will have been sober for six years tomorrow, February 3. For those of you in the Feb 2022 class, I just wanted to say that it CAN be done. If I can get sober and remain sober, anyone can.

Joining the Feb class was instrumental in my recovery. At first I thought the class idea was corny, but I jumped in with both feet and realized how important the small group class is for accountability. I have friends in the class that I text with today, all of whom I consider to be close friends.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Newlife, you are not alone!! Come to SR often, there are great people here.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome heslhar x we here for you and wonderful job on your sober time before xx
thanks onthetilles for sharing hun it means alot xx well done on 6 years tomo xx
going to say end of day 10 and good night x
hope u all have good evening x
Old 02-02-2022, 10:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am with you dear Tiles: I jumped in with both feet.
Excited for you for tomorrow..... xxxxxx ❤️

Goodnight dear Erratic ❤️
Old 02-02-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello class of February 2022. I would like to join you. I had four years of continuous sobriety until September 2017, thanks to SR mostly, when longstanding depression and anxiety got the better of me and I drank again. I could go for long periods without alcohol, and thought, ridiculously, of course, that I was "fine". But the "beast" is back and I can't live like this anymore. I'm older, but sadly, not wiser, and I have more health problems. I live alone and am very lonely and alcohol has once again become my default for dealing with life's problems and isolation. I can't believe how shameful I feel going to buy alcohol, yet I still do it. I want to want this, but it's so hard.
Day 1 today.
With you every step Leshar honey. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 02-02-2022, 12:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

SimplySue, I relied on To Do lists in early recovery too. It helped to lift my spirits when I could cross off one or two things each day.

Erratic, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today and good job on Day 10.

Leshar, I'm glad to see you working on Day 1.

February is one month closer to Spring, so stay the course, everyone.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome newlife and Leshar - glad to have you join us
Thanks for sharing your success OOTT and Reid - fantastic both of you!

congrats Calmself Sue, Erratic on your milestones- and well done everybody, no matter what day it is

D