Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 04-30-2021, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2020 Part 7

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-7-a-20.html (Class of December 2020 Part 7)

D
Old 05-01-2021, 01:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Shotgun?

Hi everyone!
Old 05-01-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lixie! Dang, you always get shotgun! ;-)
Old 05-01-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lixie is quick draw McGraw.

CBS, I guess the dream was lucid in that I changed the response from me somehow. Normally my trauma dreams are just essentially another way of re-experiencing trauma. Like flashbacks. I don’t remember ever being able to act differently in them before. So I count it as a win. Even though it would normally concern me that I am having them again.

I know why I am having them, I guess. It’s not like going in blind like in the past. Because I actually invited it in. So I know why some of my symptoms have been re-engaged so much. I know why I am in pain. It’s because I needed to actually experience it , really feel it, stop letting it run me. And I find that I can now , in a way I have not been able to before. It’s still damned painful and often very scary. But it’s hopeful, too.

today I do the next bit , where I tell another person about all of it. This is supposed to help healing. So I hope that it does. I realised as I did this work that whenever I have had to do a smaller version of this , whether in therapy or out of it, in the past, I have got massively drunk beforehand. Speaking about my trauma sober is essentially a new experience.

Old 05-01-2021, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am not sure why your Step 4 is opening up all of this dear Tanky s
Pease stay safe....do no harm to you love. xx ❤️
Old 05-02-2021, 02:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

You know, Tanky, I've had trauma therapy and the most important thing that I did was to talk about my trauma, over and over again. It's as if the mind gets used to bringing it up and eventually it gets boring - believe it or not. It is exhausting the first thirty times, but then it gets better, I promise.

We're off to inspect the house, and our BIL is coming with us to check for the usual suspects, water damage, nasty critters, construction damages, asbestos, load bearing walls, chimneys etc. If it looks OK, the only thing left is to place that bid. Yikes, what if we're home owners tomorrow???
Old 05-02-2021, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am not sure why your Step 4 is opening up all of this dear Tanky s
Pease stay safe....do no harm to you love. xx ❤️
possibly because my thinking behind the drinking is a total train wreck. More than I even thought it was. But is okay, I am most of the way through five now. Resume tomorrow. Will get there. Quiet revolution. (My sponsor said much the same as you, btw. Do no harm. Has me checking in a lot)
Old 05-02-2021, 04:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lixie View Post
you know, tanky, i've had trauma therapy and the most important thing that i did was to talk about my trauma, over and over again. It's as if the mind gets used to bringing it up and eventually it gets boring - believe it or not. It is exhausting the first thirty times, but then it gets better, i promise.

We're off to inspect the house, and our bil is coming with us to check for the usual suspects, water damage, nasty critters, construction damages, asbestos, load bearing walls, chimneys etc. If it looks ok, the only thing left is to place that bid. Yikes, what if we're home owners tomorrow???
home owners! 🙂🙂🤗🤗🤗
Old 05-02-2021, 02:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lixie, I didn’t mean to not acknowledge what you said to me as well. I appreciate that. That by talking about my trauma multiple times it will dissipate. I just wonder why the 8 years of trauma therapy didn’t manage it , I guess. So part of me is scared that this will not help either. But then as I admitted earlier, I was not sober then when I did trauma therapy. So is different.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
Lixie, I didn’t mean to not acknowledge what you said to me as well. I appreciate that. That by talking about my trauma multiple times it will dissipate. I just wonder why the 8 years of trauma therapy didn’t manage it , I guess. So part of me is scared that this will not help either. But then as I admitted earlier, I was not sober then when I did trauma therapy. So is different.
I'm sorry, Tanky. I didn't know you had trauma therapy. It was foolish of me to think you hadn't already tried everything. Sorry. But I'm rooting for you, you are a fighter and I know you have it in you to do whatever you want.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Our bid was rejected (just as we expected, it was really low) and the seller didn't come back to us with a counter bid, so we're not sure this is going our way. We increased our bid and told the realtor that this is our top bid possible, and we'll know in around three hours if the seller accepts it or not. Gosh golly!
Old 05-03-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

We got the house!!!
Old 05-03-2021, 09:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OH!!!! WOW!!!!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome news, Liz! Congratulations!
Tanky, don't know much about trauma therapy, etc., but do know that I am thinking about you, and sending virtual hugs. The fact that you have more agency in your dreams seems like a positive step. Hope you continue to make progress, my dear.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Fork yeah, Lixie!!!! Congratulations home owner . Dancing’ in the street. Xxxx
Old 05-03-2021, 01:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tanky I am thinking of you and hope your therapy is going well! Virtual hugs to you. Lixie congratulations on the house!

I had a good weekend after a kind of rough week. I kept very busy to keep my mind off my PAWS symptoms. Still suffering from dizziness/balance, numbness and tingling in my feet, back and hands some. Also lightheadedness, short term memory lapses and inability to experience joy. Sleep is better as is my appetite.

Day 136 sober.

Happy Monday!
Old 05-03-2021, 01:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good Morning All 🌞

Congratulations Lixie 😊

I hope everyone is doing well ❤️
Old 05-04-2021, 01:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Hi guys. I'm leaving you for a while. My life has changed so much lately that I don't need to drink, but coming here kind of reminds me of it and I'd rather not think about it at all. I'll stop by and say hi and see how you are doing. Know that I love you and wish you well, and I'm rooting for you.

(If you want to see what we are doing to this house, you can follow us on instagram, we call ourselves "forfatterfruene", which translates into something like "writer wives")
Old 05-04-2021, 07:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Best wishes on your new, and very exciting journey Lixie ❤️ would love to hear about your adventures when time permits but don't forget we are here if you hit the wobbles. Much love to you and good luck 🥰

My love to everyone else too ❤️
Old 05-05-2021, 02:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What Zura said. Hope this new adventure is everything you hoped for and more, Lixie. But we are here whenever you need. Xx