Notices

Class of November Support Thread 2021 part 1

Old 11-15-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Day 4 coming to a close. My last bender resulted in about 200 empty cans of White Claw and I returned them all for the deposit today. After every such binge, once I'm through withdrawal and have slept, the final step to put it all behind me and move on is getting rid of all the evidence. Going through withdrawals all weekend and having to stare at 200 empty cans to remind me of my relapse is excruciating. Although, it's kind of embarrassing being in the elevator with other tenants and I am carrying a giant trash bag that makes the sound of clunking cans haha
Haha, it's shocking the way it ends up. For me it was drinking wine out the bottle at 7am, hiding in public places. Very well done on getting through your first 4 days!!! Hope it sticks for you 🙏🏻
Old 11-15-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Hi Clarity! I almost bought that book but couldn't decide on that or Blackout or Girl Walks out of a Bar. When I check the reviews on Amazon there are so many to choose from. I buy them from Barnes & Noble though. And yes, I also adore magic wands! x
Hi, Kittencat! I haven't heard of the two you mentioned but will definitely check them out!
Old 11-15-2021, 06:15 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Day 7

I've made it a week and am feeling better. It was so nice to wake up and go to work without a hangover! My sleep is improving. But if I could just sleep for a couple of days straight I would! It really helps to log on here and read all of your posts.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:00 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week Clarity and FF
well done also on 2 days RAL 3 days erratic and 4 days WL.!

D
Old 11-15-2021, 10:05 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

It's day 8. About to take my acamprosate and antabuse. Lots of AV yesterday but the antabuse helps. Wish the acamprosate would do more to eliminate cravings. But maybe it just takes time.

Shoulder really sore from sleeping on a bench during a bender and I keep sleeping on it despite my best efforts. Will probably need physio. Feet still blistered from wandering around on a bender. But good reminders not to drink.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:42 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Thanks Dee.

It's day 8. About to take my acamprosate and antabuse. Lots of AV yesterday but the antabuse helps. Wish the acamprosate would do more to eliminate cravings. But maybe it just takes time.

Shoulder really sore from sleeping on a bench during a bender and I keep sleeping on it despite my best efforts. Will probably need physio. Feet still blistered from wandering around on a bender. But good reminders not to drink.
I once had to sleep on a bench in a train station because I had missed the last train home to where I was living at the time. Although, I slept with one eye open even though I was pretty drunk haha
Old 11-15-2021, 11:39 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all
How are you Kitten? Have you read Quit like a woman?

WL - definitely been there and done that with the recycled wine bottles. Congrats on day 4

Clarity -congrats on 1 week

Erratic - how are you today?

Day 3. Surprisingly I slept really well although have woken with a banging headache and sore neck. Ah well at least it's not a hangover. Just the normal day 3 stuff. I could go back to bed but have to work.

Hope everyone has a good day.x

Old 11-16-2021, 12:54 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
good job on starting day 3 RAL x im on day 4 and doing not to bad just now thanks for asking xx
great work on those also on there days and week or even weeks xx
Im off to catch up on the journal im writing in again, keeps me in a routine and makes me think how things are going.also it prompts for gratitude and other things.
will catch u all again later xx have good day all xx
Old 11-16-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Morning all
How are you Kitten? Have you read Quit like a woman?

WL - definitely been there and done that with the recycled wine bottles. Congrats on day 4

Clarity -congrats on 1 week

Erratic - how are you today?

Day 3. Surprisingly I slept really well although have woken with a banging headache and sore neck. Ah well at least it's not a hangover. Just the normal day 3 stuff. I could go back to bed but have to work.

Hope everyone has a good day.x
No, I haven’t read it, have you? Is it good?
Old 11-16-2021, 06:02 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

The last 2 books I bought weren’t. The Recovering is mostly the history of AA. Annie Grace? Same old, same old. The only thing I enjoyed in that book was that she knew that dopamine causes cravings, not pleasure. So at least she’s somewhat up to date on research.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Figured if I know what's best for me I ought join this class. Drank thru the weekend and this is day 2.

I got distracted from this post after I opened my window and spotted a fox sleeping in my yard. It looks so peaceful.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi

Any chance I can join this support group. Been tapering off alcohol for a week so today is my official day 1.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome five and football xx good job on day 2 and day 1 x
I am finishing in a few hrs day 4 and took my 3rd antiabuse tablet. i have mainly just been resting today, never went to the meeting this morning but will be going to my dart course tomo as i think its the last one. so will be looking into other stuff to join to keep me sober.

how is everyone else doing today?

at the mo im watching horror channel lol the film is called riddles of the sphinx, just thought watch something easy and its prob a b movie. see how it is lol.

may catch u all later if im not in bed xx
Old 11-16-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Samantha

Day 16, but bored out of my skull!
been working, going to the gym, cooking etc.
I'm absolutely terrified of outside right now....my doctor scared me. It's so icy right now and if I fall, I could hit my head and bleed because of my meds. I even went and bought brand new boots, but I'm still slipping everywhere
anyways, sober b
Old 11-16-2021, 09:52 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi all. Here on day 1, again.
I was trying as aa... but I cannot for the life of me make myself get a sponsor or give my phone number to random people.
I have no idea what else to try. Super emotional today, I just want this to stop.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Getting a sponsor is optional honey, and why anyone asked you to give out your phone number is questionable for sure. s
The idea is that members give you their number. And you call them. I am sorry that this is getting mixed up these days. xxx

Here for you honey, always. s ❤️
Old 11-16-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by footballmad View Post
Hi

Any chance I can join this support group. Been tapering off alcohol for a week so today is my official day 1.
Welcome to the group dear footballmad! s xx ❤️
Old 11-16-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi Erratic and RAL and everyone ❤️, welcome back dear Five and be careful Sam honey. s

Old 11-16-2021, 10:21 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Day 16, but bored out of my skull!
been working, going to the gym, cooking etc.
I'm absolutely terrified of outside right now....my doctor scared me. It's so icy right now and if I fall, I could hit my head and bleed because of my meds. I even went and bought brand new boots, but I'm still slipping everywhere
anyways, sober b
I wonder if a cane, walking-stick, walking-pole of some kind would give you an extra level of support and steadiness.