Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two

Old 08-25-2021, 01:28 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee x
I will at 8AM tomorrow when I can start calling my sister to wake her up. I can do nothing now so I will distract myself here and not think about it until then.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

In other news, good news, my roommate from last week left a message on my phone telling me how much fun she had rooming with me at the hospital last week. I gave her my number so she could drive over here to pick me up so we could go to lunch and go shopping. We spent most of our time hospitalized laughing hysterically... we were the fun room.

Think me busting out singing "Stab me in the morning and then just walk away.. etc (Touch me in the morning... Diana Ross) at 4AM and then we'd sing the rest of the song as it was written. Neither of us can really sing but we did anyway.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hmmm.. apparently it's 81 outside but feels like 88 due to 82% humidity. I better go outside and check to see what it really is. Be right back!
Old 08-25-2021, 01:57 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Ugh. Went back to sleep and still in bed. Too late to go for a run, I'm too anxious now. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Might do some strength training later.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:46 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

3rd cup of coffee milk over ice and testing the weather again. 2 more hours until I can do anything. I can’t even listen to music without headphones on!
Old 08-25-2021, 02:55 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Ugh. Went back to sleep and still in bed. Too late to go for a run, I'm too anxious now. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Might do some strength training later.
Strength training would help with that anxiety
Old 08-25-2021, 02:59 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Am I a one man show here or something? Someone else can post now. lol
Old 08-25-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Well, since it's my show I get to be DJ! Everyone must now listen to Thom Yorke covering Ian's Love Will Tear Us Apart Again. https://youtu.be/TEXw4KbSczc
Old 08-25-2021, 03:15 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hi Kittencat!
Old 08-25-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi Numblady! x
Old 08-25-2021, 03:22 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I love that song and I love Thom Yorke so I will absolutely be having a listen. I am in support of you being DJ. And I hope you can keep passing the time with good music etc. until you can talk to your sister. When you say roommate, was it for work? It sounds kind of like it was.

Erratic, sorry you are feeling low but glad to see you posting regardless.

FF, I don’t know you as well as some others but I feel like you are trying to will yourself over things you are going to need some additional reinforcements from professionals to get some relief from. Wow that was a convoluted sentence but hopefully it makes sense. It’s like you are beating yourself up for not being superhuman and able to simply stop some of the mental challenges you are facing by sheer force of will. Still rooting for you but hope you’ll recruit some additional support.

I had a very solid night of sleep. A bit before 10 to 4:30 a.m. I wish it would have been longer but was very glad it was solid sleep. Have had a couple nights before that of worry sessions in la madrugada (I love this term .. think it just means kind of crazy early hours around 2-4). Almost like when I was drinking except without the drinking part.

Ok have great days everyone!
Old 08-25-2021, 03:27 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Kittencat it’s so freaking brilliant. Thank you!! Kittencat for permanent DJ
Old 08-25-2021, 03:30 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

ooOo I like that term too!
And yes on Thom Yorke! <3

She was my roommate in the hospital and they draw blood every morning at 4AM so that the doctors can see the results when they come in to work and determine what you might need in your IV. They just kept us pumped full nutrients and morphine and such.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:32 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Numblady View Post
Kittencat it’s so freaking brilliant. Thank you!! Kittencat for permanent DJ
It IS brilliant! One of my favorite covers if not my #1.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:33 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning ClearPath!

Did I wake you again?
Old 08-25-2021, 03:34 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Numblady View Post

FF, I don’t know you as well as some others but I feel like you are trying to will yourself over things you are going to need some additional reinforcements from professionals to get some relief from. Wow that was a convoluted sentence but hopefully it makes sense. It’s like you are beating yourself up for not being superhuman and able to simply stop some of the mental challenges you are facing by sheer force of will. Still rooting for you but hope you’ll recruit some additional support.
I mean, I am getting help. I started seeing a counselor recently and I just had my lexapro increased. But I have to do the work myself to get better.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I second that. Love all of the 80's alt stuff. Glad you had a good night's sleep NL. KC, sorry to hear what's going on with your mom. What part of the country are you from originally?
Old 08-25-2021, 03:41 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Good morning ClearPath!

Did I wake you again?
I put you on mute and got my 7 hours of beauty rest. Have you had your bacon and cantaloupe yet this morning? LOL. You'll have to excuse me for a few minutes as I'm going to have to accelerate the coffee intake to catch up with your energy level.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:46 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally the Delaware River, we lived on the New Jersey side until I was 7 or 8 and then moved to the PA side. Started college in PA and continued when I moved to Tampa. I lived in the Tampa Bay area since October of 86.

I'm so glad you like the music, I adore the same. x

I think my mom will be okay as long as she takes her medication. I hope. I moved down here and into my mom's 2nd bedroom to help my mom after my father passed away.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:48 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
I put you on mute and got my 7 hours of beauty rest. Have you had your bacon and cantaloupe yet this morning? LOL. You'll have to excuse me for a few minutes as I'm going to have to accelerate the coffee intake to catch up with your energy level.
I had a buttered muffin with the bacon and cantaloupe. lol It's half decaf so technically only 1.5 cups of coffee

eta - That’s my absolute limit on coffee, I usually have 1 cup total. Lots of milk though.