Notices

Class of June Support Thread Part 1 2021

Old 06-06-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Good Morning Juners! (Is that what we are? LOL!)

We were supposed to have a tee time this afternoon, but I cancelled it. Playing golf in a heat advisory is not for me. My SO still wanted to play, but it's just too hot.

I bought one of those kids inflatable pools at the beginning of the season (I do not have kids or grandchildren) and just may blow it up later, fill it and just sit in it. I'm sure the neighbors will love that. We live in a 55+ community and the rules are pretty strict about what you can put outside in the common area, but my little patio should be okay. I am sure it will make for some good gossip for the neighbors. The lady sitting out in a little kids pool. It looks like a watermelon, so even more fun. We will see.

Rar, Boondock, Someday, Countrystix, Jewel, Venus, Dee and anyone else on here that I am forgetting - all have a great Sunday.
I LOVE that idea dear LHW!!!!
I have a friend in Melbourne OZ who did just that.... a guy....and he had SO much fun in that little pool through the very hot summer..

So.....trying to keep things straight in my head....Rar played golf, you did not.
And there are a ton of birthdays this weekend and I cannot remember whose.

SO for today's birthday people:

Old 06-06-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Venus, not in a good place or way atm but I know it will improve.

How are things with you? I hope you are keeping well xx
Old 06-06-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Here for you honey.... s ❤️

I am on a road back to health and fitness after truly not looking after myself for the past year.
Plus I went through stuff that caused a lot of weight gain, pretty sure you know what I mean, and now it is new health one day at a time.
So onward together. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-06-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
RAL

I'm glad you are back on a more positive path Venus and feeling better about things. I am here for you too.xx
Old 06-06-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Thanks countrystix.

I love the SMART meetings and am committed to doing them regularly now. One good thing about the pandemic is the increased access to online meetings. hope you are keeping ok
Hey RAL,

I'm doing pretty good today. Keeping busy outside in the garden and building shelters for my critters.

Regarding SMART meetings, can I just start attending them or would you recommend going through their materials online first? Do you do video or just audio? Are people OK with no video? I'm not sure I want to do that just yet...

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:44 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

No need to do video if you don't want to dear countrystix. s
And if I was you I would just go for it....if the meetings feel good you can get into the literature then if you like. xx
Old 06-06-2021, 09:08 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
Hey RAL,

I'm doing pretty good today. Keeping busy outside in the garden and building shelters for my critters.

Regarding SMART meetings, can I just start attending them or would you recommend going through their materials online first? Do you do video or just audio? Are people OK with no video? I'm not sure I want to do that just yet...

Thanks.
hi countrystix
I just looked at their website then clicked on the link about 5 mins before start of meeting. the audio and computer are automatically off and you can choose to switch on if you like. I do not use them and stay anonymous. Most people are no video so nothing to worry about I sometimes type something but for my first few meetings I just listened. I do have the handbook now too but you don't need it to start. Hope you find them helpful. Enjoy your time in the garden today too
Old 06-06-2021, 09:51 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Good Morning Juners! (Is that what we are? LOL!)

We were supposed to have a tee time this afternoon, but I cancelled it. Playing golf in a heat advisory is not for me. My SO still wanted to play, but it's just too hot.

I bought one of those kids inflatable pools at the beginning of the season (I do not have kids or grandchildren) and just may blow it up later, fill it and just sit in it. I'm sure the neighbors will love that. We live in a 55+ community and the rules are pretty strict about what you can put outside in the common area, but my little patio should be okay. I am sure it will make for some good gossip for the neighbors. The lady sitting out in a little kids pool. It looks like a watermelon, so even more fun. We will see.

Rar, Boondock, Someday, Countrystix, Jewel, Venus, Dee and anyone else on here that I am forgetting - all have a great Sunday.
What a great idea that is to get an inflatable kids pool I'm going to get one for my garden this week Aside from myself I have no children either.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:53 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I would get one too if I had room. And a privacy fence. xx
Old 06-06-2021, 09:55 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
Hey RAL,

Thanks.
Glad to hear you are doing well today building shelters sounds like a healthy way to keep busy
Old 06-06-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Here for you honey.... s ❤️

I am on a road back to health and fitness after truly not looking after myself for the past year.
Plus I went through stuff that caused a lot of weight gain, pretty sure you know what I mean, and now it is new health one day at a time.
So onward together. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hear that venuscat. Here's to one day at a time health improvements.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus, not in a good place or way atm but I know it will improve.

How are things with you? I hope you are keeping well xx
I am also here for you Ral or anyone else for that matter
Old 06-06-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Together. Always the best way. ❤️
Old 06-06-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by someday147 View Post
I am also here for you Ral or anyone else for that matter
Thank you someday, and I for you. And everyone else. These classes are such great sources of support and strength. My husband is a great support but I know he doesn't really 'get' it.

Just trying to log in for smart meeting and think website down. can't get in. I won't drink though. will read instead

take care everyone.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:36 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

hi countrystix
I just looked at their website then clicked on the link about 5 mins before start of meeting. the audio and computer are automatically off and you can choose to switch on if you like. I do not use them and stay anonymous. Most people are no video so nothing to worry about I sometimes type something but for my first few meetings I just listened. I do have the handbook now too but you don't need it to start. Hope you find them helpful. Enjoy your time in the garden today too
Thanks RAL. That helps!
Old 06-06-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
No need to do video if you don't want to dear countrystix. s
And if I was you I would just go for it....if the meetings feel good you can get into the literature then if you like. xx
Thanks venuscat...I'll do that.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:41 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thank you someday, and I for you. And everyone else. These classes are such great sources of support and strength. My husband is a great support but I know he doesn't really 'get' it.

Just trying to log in for smart meeting and think website down. can't get in. I won't drink though. will read instead

take care everyone.
Yeah I live with my mother and although she is happy i'm sober she doesn't 'get it' either, but I guess anyone outside of addiction that are happy for us are always helpful in their own way.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
RAL

I woke up this morning full of dread, shame, horror, fear, guilt, regret. Not to mention feeling physically awful. Sure you've all been there. I'm just writing it down to remind me in future weeks if a drink seems like a good idea.

Day 1 coming to a close. Feel slightly better. Goodnight to you all or have a good day, wherever you are in the world
RAL
Old 06-06-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Goodnight love ❤️
Old 06-06-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Goodnight Ral hope you sleep well.