SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June Support Thread Part 1 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/454040-class-june-support-thread-part-1-2021-a.html)

Dee74 05-31-2021 04:17 PM

Class of June Support Thread Part 1 2021

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread foreveryone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addictionthis month of
JUNE 2021

come and join us! :wave:http://sayfitness.com/wp-content/upl...18/06/june.png
The latest MAY thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7643486
D

LoveHateWhine 05-31-2021 07:15 PM

Count me in!

Dee74 05-31-2021 07:48 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/RFQXdMcF/Png-Item-916107.png

Dee74 05-31-2021 07:49 PM

Glad to have you here LHW :)
D

countrystix 06-01-2021 04:48 AM

I'm in. I'm starting on day 4 and need support to reach my short term goal of 30 days. I haven't been able to do that in many years. I'm hoping if I reach that I can build from there.

LoveHateWhine 06-01-2021 04:52 AM

Hi Countrystix! This is the place to do it! I'm travelling the next couple of days and will check in every day, even if just to say hello. Have a great day!

OneThingAtATime 06-01-2021 05:07 AM

I am really not sure which thread I should post in but I figure I could use all the support I can get.

First, I am feeling somewhat better physically today, not so much pain, but pain none the less. I had to bite the bullet and finally take a muscle relaxer at the end of the day. I hate those things and don't react well to them. Dry mouth and stiff muscles the next day (today) but I can usually get the muscles to free themselves up.

I look forward to Thursday. I realized, after the muscle relaxer kicked in that the pain was being generated from the right side of my back and it just made me hurt all over. Thursday should fix that.

I have physical therapy on my neck again tomorrow. This sure isn't working out well. I have more pain in my shoulders then before. I am really not thinking this pain is generated by my neck but by my left shoulder. I had an x-ray done and the shoulder is full of arthritis, It is really time for me to an orthopedic doctor. This really is an easy fix. Go in and clear out the bone spurs and what-not microscopically and good to go. Getting a referral to an orthopedic doctor has just proved to be impossible. I just don't know why.

Husband drank yesterday. He worked outside for a good while and was sitting on the back porch so I went out to tell him what a good job he had done. He was sitting with a wine cooler. Oh, well, he is a grown man. We sat down to dinner and wanted to know if I wanted a margarita with him. No. He guessed he wouldn't have one either then. Geeze.

Got a call from my son who is getting married in Sept. I have not seen him in three years and when I did his fiancé acted out like a 12yr old with a screaming, crying fit that lasted 2 hours till my son said they should leave. I sh*t you not. Yes, leave and we didn't talk for a long time after that. I never got an apology, an explanation, and was told recently I should be over it by now. A 35 yr old woman acts out like that in your home and you just get over it? Maybe it is me? IDK I did ask my son that before he got married that we spend some time together, visit. I don't want to just show up at his wedding having not seen him in so long. He told me yesterday he just didn't have the time. I offered to go up to their house and see them, they have no room for me. He doesn't want to make the drive to my house but maybe we could meet half way? A neutral place for diplomatic talks, I guess. I really don't want to do that, that is more money spent, too easy to turn it into a vacation to smooth things over and not really talk. Their wedding is, of course, a destination wedding and I just don't want to go it. I am the only one from our family he has invited because she hates the rest of our family. What to do, what to do? Could I just come up with amebic dysentery and bow out? I pray and pray about this one and God is giving me no answers, or at least the answer I want to hear.

So this me AND I am sober!!!! I made it 5 days now and on to the next. The one thing I did learn last time sober is that life doesn't become a bed of roses because I am not drinking, it does make it easier to stop jumping up and down on those thorns! No big decisions need to made today.

I hope everyone has a good sober day!

One Thing

someday147 06-01-2021 05:35 AM

count me in

Rar 06-01-2021 06:10 AM

I tried to string together a couple of days last week, but was unsuccessful. I was trying to reduce my prescribed benzo usage, but that didn’t go well and I I ended up drinking more.

I thought I would join the June class, though I went to bed alcohol free last night. I don’t feel well today. Lots of brain fog and anxiety. I don’t know if it’s a result of no alcohol, residual result of trying to decrease the benzos, or both. Anyway, forging ahead. Wishing all a great, comfortable day.

someday147 06-01-2021 06:38 AM

Hi Rar. Hope you get through the day as comfortably as possible. I was in hospital for alcohol withdrawals. They had me on those benzos. I haven't had lot's of experience with them but I felt very foggy and anxious for a while. Hang in there.

OneThingAtATime 06-01-2021 06:46 AM

Rar, good for you for not drinking. Benzos are hard to withdraw from, especially if you have taken them for a while. Brain fog and all kinds weird feelings come up, not to mention the increase in anxiety. My niece had them prescribed for her and after about 6 months of use she realized how harmful they can be. She definitely needed a docs help to withdraw.

I wish you the best and great for not drinking!

countrystix 06-01-2021 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine (Post 7643768)
Hi Countrystix! This is the place to do it! I'm travelling the next couple of days and will check in every day, even if just to say hello. Have a great day!

You too LHW! Safe travels.

Dee74 06-01-2021 10:33 AM

Welcome countrystix, OneThing,someday, and rar :)
May this be a month of new beginnings :)

D

someday147 06-01-2021 11:38 AM

I was struggling there hit me like a ton of bricks while I was out. I got some food and raced home to post here and get to an online meeting. Grateful to have the support of sites like this.

Dee74 06-01-2021 01:45 PM

I’m glad you did that someday :)
D

AL48 06-01-2021 01:57 PM

Good luck everyone keep posting and sharing it really worked wonders for me. Great support and advice available here.

Anna 06-01-2021 02:12 PM

Welcome, Countrystix. We're here to help keep you inspired to reach your goal.

OneThingAtATime, I'm sorry about the issues with your adult son. I have two kids and wild horses couldn't have kept me away from their weddings. Those are two of the happiest days of my life. I guess I'd just say, give it some thought before you decide to not go to the wedding because you will only have one chance. :)

Rar and Someday, good to see you both here.

Outonthetiles 06-01-2021 03:29 PM

Welcome, June Class!

countrystix 06-01-2021 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by someday147 (Post 7643928)
I was struggling there hit me like a ton of bricks while I was out. I got some food and raced home to post here and get to an online meeting. Grateful to have the support of sites like this.

someday, glad you got home safely. What are you using for online meetings? I joined SMART but haven't attended any yet. I don't think I'm ready to Zoom.

I like your quote "You have two lives. The second one begins when you realize you only have one.

Confucius." I don't think I've grokked that yet.

LoveHateWhine 06-01-2021 06:58 PM

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a good day.
I had an easy day of traveling and a nice time meeting up with friends we hadn’t seen in well over a year due to the pandemic. I stuck to club soda during lunch and dinner and have seltzer water back at the hotel.
Onward to Day 3.