Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-07-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Sigh...and then there’s the deeeep slumber and snoring from hubs after having 5-6 beers. I’ll be needing another nap tomorrow. 🙄.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:43 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Thanks for the warm welcome

Citrus-good to see you. How are you feeling today? I feel worse today than yesterday but it will pass.

Hope you get a better sleep tonight Phoebe 😊 and great result on not having a drink with your husband.

Thanks BTG- how are you doing? Congrats on 10 day 😊

Congrats on 5 days Elke. We used to say 40 winks in Lancashire too!!

Hi Willow and congrats on 24 days!

Welcome Ravens

Congrats on 8 days FF.

Day 3. Feel worse than yesterday. Just going to stay focused try and get some tasks done and know I will feel better soon. Have a good day or night everyone,x
Old 04-08-2021, 01:49 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers
And congratulations on everyone accumulating days free of addictions, great work!
It does get easier after the first few days. I think my first week was the hardest.

Phoebe I hear you re the snoring, uggghhh.... I need a nap every day lol. Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to sleep during the day, so I go to bed early and try to catch a couple of hours before the snoring starts off next to me.

Old 04-08-2021, 02:05 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
Hi all,

Like others I'm joining from the March class. Wrapping up day 21 today!
Hooray for 3 weeks!
Old 04-08-2021, 03:01 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainCrow View Post
No idea what has happened to my emojis. I was going for two purple ones and two yellow ones and now there's all sorts inserted.
Do you post on your phone CaptainCrow? I do, and most emojis don’t work.... so I use the ones in the smiley face at the top of the posting box, or you can also use them from here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...d=vB_Editor_QR
Old 04-08-2021, 05:18 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Sending so much Iove dear RaI s ❤️

Hope the medicine works and your eyes feeI better phoebes. xxxxx ❤️

Old 04-08-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Welcome RAL, and hope today gets better. The only way is through it.

Hi Countrystix!

Willow, haha, that’s my trick too, to try to get settled in with earplugs before he comes to bed. But, last night I made the mistake of the late nap, so just couldn’t get there ahead of him.

Good morning V, and thanks 💕. I think it’s improving already. 🤞🏻
Old 04-08-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Sigh...and then there’s the deeeep slumber and snoring from hubs after having 5-6 beers. I’ll be needing another nap tomorrow. 🙄.
I can totally relate to both habits of drinking with your partner and the obnoxiously loud snores after he has been drinking. Its hard not to join in and drink with him cause I've been doing just that for 20 plus years. I'm finding that we are finding new habits and adjusting. He's drinking less around me and more after i go to sleep, which i can tell by the deep snores i hear throughout the night. Hang in there!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:23 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks everyone. Feeling much better now. Got quite a lot done today too. It's going to be a sunny weekend so got a pile of books to read and will sit out. Looking forward to waking in the morning hangover free.

Hope everyone is having a good day x
Old 04-08-2021, 10:05 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Checking in. Made my green juice, it tastes horrible! But i figure it is, hopefully, giving my body an extra boost and after decades of abuse I deserve to give it a helping hand in healing. Going to get some work done in the yard and perhaps a walk. I've been taking an easy this first week or so, giving my body a chance to adjust and slowly add more activity as i feel up to it. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good day. Onwards
Old 04-08-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Sounds awesome dear BTG! ()

He he.....so wonderfuI to hear that you are taking such good care of yourseIf. s
Old 04-08-2021, 12:46 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Checking in with another day in the bag

Congrats Aprilers to a fab collection of well fought for sober days
Old 04-08-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Day 25 today. Friday morning and I’d better get a move on and get ready for work.
See you all a bit later
Old 04-08-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Day 5! On my way to Colorado. No booze and no weed.... No way! Just me and my clear mind.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Stay safe dear kp ~ and have a good time! s
Old 04-08-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just checking in here, the end of day 5 feeling positive this time.hopefully it lasts.
Congrats to you all on your milestones, and welcome to any newcomers aswell. I totally also can relate to Phoebe and BFG, My husband and I were the exact same way. The last few nights he had a few beers and then the snoring starts lol, he has cut down a lot since I have to be fair but he also wants to give up and he says tonight is his last night so we will see. I hope if he does then it might make it easier for me aswell unless we end up getting on each others last nerve 😂
Old 04-08-2021, 04:08 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 days kp and OTP

OTP I totally relate as well. My partner snores all the time, but it’s worse when he’s been drinking. He has said a few times that he’s stopping drinking, and fair play to him, he drinks a lot less than he used to. He now often only has 1 beer after work.
I don’t know how he does it. A normie I guess. I would never have just 1, unless we’re talking about 1 bottle of wine. And regret it the next day with a feeling of futility and shame and a hangover, but be intensely craving more by lunchtime. Yuk. No thanks.

It’s the sober road now.
I don’t miss going to bed trying desperately not to breathe alcohol fumes on my partner, pulling a pillow over my face to stop my breath flow, tossing and turning and sweating, waking at 3am with a pounding racing heart and intense anxiety, tossing and turning and worrying for hours, finally getting up with a horrible headache and doughy foggy head, and upset belly. Feeling like death warmed up until I could start drinking again. Counting the hours and minutes until I could pour another drink. Planning everything around drinking. Hiding little bottles in my bag and car and cupboards, for “emergencies “. A slave to alcohol.

I really like this quote:

“Give up everything for one thing, or give up one thing for everything”

This statement really hit home for me.
I choose to give up one thing, for everything.
I want everything, all of my life back, with all the joy, not the one thing found in the bottom of a bottle (misery).
Old 04-08-2021, 04:34 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Congratulations on 5 days kp and OTP

OTP I totally relate as well. My partner snores all the time, but it’s worse when he’s been drinking. He has said a few times that he’s stopping drinking, and fair play to him, he drinks a lot less than he used to. He now often only has 1 beer after work.
I don’t know how he does it. A normie I guess. I would never have just 1, unless we’re talking about 1 bottle of wine. And regret it the next day with a feeling of futility and shame and a hangover, but be intensely craving more by lunchtime. Yuk. No thanks.

It’s the sober road now.
I don’t miss going to bed trying desperately not to breathe alcohol fumes on my partner, pulling a pillow over my face to stop my breath flow, tossing and turning and sweating, waking at 3am with a pounding racing heart and intense anxiety, tossing and turning and worrying for hours, finally getting up with a horrible headache and doughy foggy head, and upset belly. Feeling like death warmed up until I could start drinking again. Counting the hours and minutes until I could pour another drink. Planning everything around drinking. Hiding little bottles in my bag and car and cupboards, for “emergencies “. A slave to alcohol.

I really like this quote:

“Give up everything for one thing, or give up one thing for everything”

This statement really hit home for me.
I choose to give up one thing, for everything.
I want everything, all of my life back, with all the joy, not the one thing found in the bottom of a bottle (misery).
I Love that statement and i can totally relate..Neither myself or my hubby can only do just 1 drink like some can..it's just he never struggled with the anxiety or panic attacks from withdrawals like me and he thought he could moderate and i think it has to be a personal thing to change. I think he realizes now he cant moderate it either.

I love your positivity, you know what you want and what its gonna take. It's not gonna be easy but nothing worth having is.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:44 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hey guys!...4 days sober...I’m feeling grateful to be here right now. To enjoy a beautiful day today with the sunshine. I feel we all have to appreciate the things in life that are free!..have a sober night!
Old 04-08-2021, 04:51 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

WeIcome to the group Toughroad! ❤️