Notices

24 hour Recovery connections part 515

Old 02-08-2021, 08:25 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1newcreation View Post
Sorry to hear that Iced; prayers🙏

What a wack SB & ads were an embarrassment to say the least!! No wonder I haven’t missed anything in sports, save for college football😱
The Puppy Bowl was very entertaining!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bailey3 View Post
Well, it’s -22 Fahrenheit and, my furnace isn’t working. . I do have two space heaters and, a gas fire place. When I was drinking I would’ve had a melt down but, that won’t get it the damn thing fixed so, I guess I’ll just call the repairman.
count me in for another sober day. Sober thoughts and wishes for all!
Good plan, Bailey :-)
Old 02-08-2021, 08:44 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I'm running very late today - we had a rough night here. Nothing horrible, we just didn't get much sleep so when I let the dogs out at 5AM, I crashed on the sofa and slept until 10! I do feel pretty good but now half the day is gone :-(

2 months - I'm still pinching myself :-) I think I'd be feeling better if it weren't for all my ailments of the past 3 months but it's so good to be sober.

I really liked Efra's post about not complaining...

Praying for 24 sober hours @ 11:44AM EST

Old 02-08-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your relationship with your mum, Kev. I've written here on a number of occasions about my relationship with my mum which is very complicated and comes packaged up in a toxic bundle of narcissism, guilt, jealousy and resentment. It's almost too complicated for me to start to unpick and whereas I spent the first few decades of my life trying to make my mother like me (it was obvious from a young age that she never loved me but I would have settled for liked) I've now got to a place where I understand my relationship with her is not supposed to be so complicated and toxic. And naturally as soon as I realised this and started to withdraw from her, she guilt trips me and gas lights me and starts a smear campaign against me and does all the other stuff that seems so normal to narcissists but is so unbelievably confusing and alien to the rest of us. I've been really working on healing myself over the last few years...since I stopped drinking... and letting go of everything that isn't me - all the expectations, beliefs, labels placed on me from birth that are not me. That bear no resemblance to me. The real me. I'm grateful to my mother for bringing me into the world but I'm done with feeling guilty. Life's too short. I'm all about protecting my aura, my mental health, my newly restored self-esteem, my sobriety. Alcohol could derail me in mere moments and sadly, so too could my mother. And I'm determined to never let that happen. I totally get it, Kev. I understand you feeling sick about opening the card. Because it's not just the card you're frightened about opening. It's the fear of opening yourself back up to more abuse. I get it. Remember I'm always here if you want to talk xxx

Hope everyone is ok. Thanks for your messages Caramel and Dee. Yes, the support within the Samaritans is amazing. I've met so many lovely people working there and we all really look out for each other. Thank you so much for your concern. So sorry to read your news Vovo, sending you lots of love. 24 more for me please xxx
Old 02-08-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24. NPD is a sad and terrible disorder that impacts all close to it. A blessing to be here. Still hanging on
Old 02-08-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I need another 24 too please!
Old 02-08-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Noam19 View Post
Good morning everyone. 7:51 in Indiana. This week feels weird since I started it working at home but have been able to return to the office. Not complaining, just interested how quick you adjust to new routines.

Today will be 6 months alcohol free for me! I think I'm within a couple weeks of this being my longest stretch since I "quit" back in 2013 into 2014. I was white-knuckling it then for sure. This time around it's a completely different mental approach to it. Maybe it's maturity coming as I age! Ha, right. Anyway, i'm grateful for all I've experience, even the bad times. It's made me stronger today which is good for me and my family.

In for 24.
Great job on 6 months!
Old 02-08-2021, 12:07 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I’m in for another 24.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

24 more clean and sober hours please.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Magpies warbling the morning in , today. Maybe you remember, Venus? Not quite as cute as squirrels, but quintessential Oz . Ready to trudge the weary road a bit more. 24 more, please.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

((((Kev)))) and ((((Kenton)))) ❤️ :hugs:

I’m here for another 24 hours sober please and thank you.
Vey tired this morning after thunderstorms kept me awake most of the night. Despite feeling exhausted and wishing I could stay in bed and go back to sleep for a few hours rather than get up and go to work, I’m very grateful for the rain
Old 02-08-2021, 01:59 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-516-a.html (24 hour Recovery connections part 516)

D