Old 12-31-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Well, see you all next year. s ❤️

Love and goodnight. xxxxxx
And stay safe.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Dec. class Just popping in to offer support as you round out the old year and bring in the new
See you in Jan!

Goodnight dear Suze
Old 12-31-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Tanky - please post away if it's helpful for you, I think connection is vital in the early days and it ain't all rainbows and unicorns, that's for sure. A lot us are very self reliant and it can feel weird and uncomfortable I know but .....maybe just maybe it makes a difference to you or someone else. I've hanging on like it's a life raft so if it's ever helpful you can pm me. And congratulations on 60 days that's SO inspiring.

Venus - Happy New Year for when you wake up
Bandicoot - hello....I've forgotten what you typed already oh my, my memory lol
Old 12-31-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 60 days Tanky

D
Old 12-31-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks D , zura and Venus. Managed to force myself to walk in sunshine around the block. Only took till 4.45pm to get vertical. Also seemed to help to break the slide into sludge by being required to assist the kids and then reading/ posting, trying to be useful to others in some small way.

Regular service should resume . Doesn’t feel like a capital “D” depression coming on. Fingers crossed

Old 12-31-2020, 10:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 46

When I’m involved in a class I always feel that I contribute on a regular basis - added to the fact that I hope in supportive and give a bit of a morning read for others over coffee. Nonetheless, I have to admit that I have ever felt that another’s words in a class have made the difference between me drinking or not drinking. Yes - that’s how bone headed and stubborn I can be. But I can honestly say that the words of others in this class have got me through the last three days. Last night it was the comment by RAL who said words the the effect “no one has ever woken up in the morning feeling sad that they hadn’t drank the champagne”. That - just that one comment - was the difference for me last night. Thank you.

Stay strong, safe and sober

JT
Old 12-31-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Can I also say a big thank you to SunnyCoastK who wrote me a lovely long and supportive post a day or so ago? I never responded and that was rude of me. Thank you for your support - it meant a lot to me. I was in such a bad way I could only bring myself to press the ‘thanks’ button at the time.

JT
Old 12-31-2020, 11:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello hello hello!

Tanky, congratulations on 60 days!!! I’m glad you made it home and that you have made it through today. Hooray for a walk in the sunshine! You’re doing a wonderful job pushing through the mind fog, aches, pains, and emotional ups and downs. I don’t usually get headaches (hangover headaches yes) but yesterday and today I had them come and go, and some brain fog. Had a fleeting thought of going to the pub but it was gone in a minute and replaced by my new thoughts about healthy goals. We’re in this together!!

Hey Bob! Great to hear from you! I think I understand how you’re feeling re: politics. Part of my recovery plan is to stay away from any news about it. I won’t say much, but please know I’m sending you lots of hugs to help ease any anxiety you are feeling regarding that subject. Looking forward to your retirement this year and hearing about any plans you have for enjoying that newfound time!! Xx

JT - AMAZING job on abstaining! You write so well and have a great talent for conveying how you are feeling with such eloquence. My heart goes out to you because I hate thinking that you are struggling, and I wish I could erase any self doubt that you have because this time can be different. I’m pleased as punch that you found the private gym and secretly believe this is one of those blessings in disguise that will result in a very positive outcome for you (as well as for the lovely Mrs JT) hugs!!!

Relena I’m sorry that you are having issues with your hair falling out. What you wrote makes so much sense though. I had a friend who is obese and started losing her hair. She did manage to improve her health and her hair stopped falling out and she has full hair again. I think you are well on your way to healing your gut and in time your body will be able to absorb the nutrients you need to get your hair back to being healthy!!!

Lixie hooray for a new dog (I love your idea for the new name too)!! So exciting!!! I hope that you all fall in love with each other and that Sandy becomes your forever dog. Please share a photo if you can. Looking forward to watching you rock this year as your best self ever!!

Elly that is some great insight! If you were still drinking or hungover you may have totally missed having the wherewithal to notice your surroundings in that way. Another tool for your toolbox! Hugs!!! And well done on your 101 days since the start of your journey

(((RAL))) I’m sorry that you had a bad day for part of your day yesterday but I’m glad to know it was all ok in the end. Yeehaw for attending your virtual meeting and I’m so happy for you that you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing that you attended. I’ve looked up their website here and am interested in learning more so thank you for introducing me to something new!

Zura! Always look on the bright side of life..... (ha ha ha everyone now I’ve put that song in your head!!) I’m glad you know the bright bright bright side of waking up sober on the first day of the new year! I hope your sinus pain has gone away and that you are able to get a restful and restorative sleep tonight my friend xxxx (gently hugging you!)

Hello Caramel!

Barnaby can you post a picture of the llama cushion? That sounds so cool! I love that you are doing projects with the kids that is so heartwarming! Making those memories is absolutely priceless and is going to go a long way in helping them to become great parents like you!!! Hugs!!!

Venus how was NYE in Ohio? Did you win at Trivial Pursuit? One of these days if I ever get wifi I will join you for a virtual game! I really love playing that one but I’m soooooo rubbish with the sports questions!! Huggity hug hug!!!

Happy New Year Bandicoot and thanks for your well wishes!!

sorry if I have missed anyone, I’m bouncing between windows on my mobile phone.

So I’m at the late afternoon of day 7 and what a great feeling that is. My typical reset day is day 5 (if I made it that long) and despite some headaches and some faux hangover type of feelings, I feel pretty darn good!!! My friend and I found the quaintest place in the hinterland for breakfast. There is a shop attached to the cafe and they were selling used books so I got three books (I think they are all murder crime thriller types) and we went to Kondalilla Falls and walked to the Rockpool and my Fitbit says my resting heart rate has dropped from 65 on Christmas Day to 55 today which I’m absolutely stoked about!!! Then went to a shop that recently opened close to where I live (a short bus ride away) and picked up a few things there and now just chilling at home. Bloody marvellous first day of the year.

Thank you to all of you and to anyone who is just reading but doesn’t feel up to posting. We can do this guys. It takes a lot of guts to decide to get sober and even more guts to seek help. Thank you for choosing to look after yourself. Xx
Old 12-31-2020, 11:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Can I also say a big thank you to SunnyCoastK who wrote me a lovely long and supportive post a day or so ago? I never responded and that was rude of me. Thank you for your support - it meant a lot to me. I was in such a bad way I could only bring myself to press the ‘thanks’ button at the time.

JT
awwww shucks
Old 01-01-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Zura-sorry you are suffering with pain and I hope it eases soon.

Relena- I hope your hair loss reverses.

Sunny - Many congrats on 1 weeks sober!

Tanky - please don't stop posting. Post as much as you need to/want to. That is what we are here for. You are not bringing the vibe down at all. That is what the site and class is for to support people in their troubling times. Not posting is the AV voice trying to keep you away I have been smoking too. crazy as it sounds but it stops cravings and I can think of nothing worse than drinking if I have a cigarette. but, like you, I've been getting headaches in the am and sure it's cos of smoking. Congrats on 60 days

Venus-hope you are ok x

Bob - I love your idea of celebrating Scotland NY!

Tony-I'm so glad to read your posts this morning, as every morning. This class would not be the same without you. I'm glad my comment helped you and great result for getting through NYE. (comment was stolen from someone else on SR though!!)

Day 27. NY Day. Feel like I have a hangover but it will ease with fresh air and a walk. Cooking duck and all the trimmings for dinner. Have sparklers for Jr RAL.

Take care all.xx
Old 01-01-2021, 02:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes. It's fluctuating so not all bad. Hopefully lots of self care and home remedies will keep it at bay. Im sorry your have been a bit rough around the edges too SCK. EDIT: and you too RAL, had to add that in, not bringing my A game as a bit weary. Glad your getting through JT.

Everyone's strength is really inspiring to me. Reading alot on here helps me through the rough days and lifts my spirits, well.....everyday. So thanks to you all.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning on this New Year! Hope the weather is great for everyone so all this sinus crap can go away.
Old 01-01-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Happy sobor new year everyone xxxx just come back from Church and had a loverly roast dinner , fire is one house is cozy . Off for a 5k run tonight ..... time to get started ! I’ve gained 3 kilos over Christmas
time to shape up!
have a great day everyone x
Old 01-01-2021, 06:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

BTW RAL-I looked up Hogmanay. Long and interesting history. We had meat pie and some kind of leek soup last night Mrs. Bob and I always thought our ancestors went back to Ireland, but the evidence is turning heavily to Scotland now for both of us. In either case, hemochromatosis runs deep in our family.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
RAL

HI Bob, I had to google hemochromatosis - very interesting. Although I live in Scotland I am originally from England so cheating a bit really

Welcome back strawberry.

I've been going to bed pretty late all week. Just have more energy and as not working and not doing as much prob not as tired. Anyway, I 've just slept for 3 hours and only got up to put the duck in the oven! Tiredness has just come over me like a blanket!

Old 01-01-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good Morning December 2020.
Day 1 of 2021 and Day 8 for me of my sobriety. Sunny - looking at your posts, you're still with me here. I think it's kinda cool that our day 8 falls on day 1 of 2021 as '8' can be seen as the infinity symbol. So can I look at today as day 1 of our infinite sobriety year!?!?
Wishing everyone a wonderful day 1 of 2021
Old 01-01-2021, 09:05 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Happy New Year! Celebrated pretty much the same way as in years past, minus the bottle of champagne ( meaning crashed at around10 pm after watching a movie!) Trying to figure out a good New Years Day dinner, but it will just be the 3 of us due to the lockdown. Means we don’t have to have ham, though, which is what the family usually has... though ham does taste good in soup. Most of CA is in purple, which means no get togethers with the family.
Tanky— It sounds like you have some PAWS... I had it bad between month 2-3. It is starting to get better now, but it sucks. Feel free to vent here!
Going to have to take advantage of the nice weather to get out and exercise today... It helps my mood, but I do feel extra sore afterwards these days.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Barnaby— I miss the days of crafting with my daughter! I wish I could go back and be more present for them, Think if your sobriety as a gift for yourself and for her!
Old 01-01-2021, 09:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy New Year all!!!

Have been very lazy today. Am about to eat loads of leftover chinese nom nom!!

Looking forward to carrying on as i mean to go on in this new year! Lets be having you 2021!!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Just so relaxed today.....I feel like I haven't been since last March.
Starting the year with all of you in faith that it will be a good one for all of us. s ❤️❤️