Notices

Class of November 2020 part 1

Old 11-20-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Tonight got a little tough we had 2 friends stop over and they had some wine which is my drink of choice. We haven’t had wine in the house since I stopped drinking 12 days ago. But I’m proud to say the wine that was leftover I poured down the drain.

Another alcohol free night in the books. I’m looking forward to no hangover tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 View Post
Tonight got a little tough we had 2 friends stop over and they had some wine which is my drink of choice. We haven’t had wine in the house since I stopped drinking 12 days ago. But I’m proud to say the wine that was leftover I poured down the drain.

Another alcohol free night in the books. I’m looking forward to no hangover tomorrow.
Proud of you!!
Old 11-21-2020, 01:52 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Bodhi - congrats - you had a win
Stay vigilant tho - our inner addict hates to lose...
D
Old 11-21-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Good morning all. What a glorious feeling waking up a feeling FABULOUS! Looking forward to a productive day. I may put up a small Xmas tree in our basement later. I checked out a couple of holiday romance books to read. I enjoy a good feel good book. We had a late lunch out with friends yesterday. No on drank which was nice. I am saving so much money by not drinking. Normally the bar tab is higher than the food bill. After I got home I ran over to an old friends house and visited for about 90 mins. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk to someone openly about some of my challenges going thru early sobriety. I hope that you all have a wonder flu, stress free day. Stay strong folks.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Great job everyone!

I have been in bed just shy of 24 hours. Nodded off a few times last night only to wake up in sweat. I'm doing fine with cravings though as they are nonexistent. Just in physical pain from taking a tumble down the stairs a few days ago.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Good morning. I crashed and burned again. Here I am again at day 4. Gotta catch up on reading all of your posts, hope you all are well. ❤
Old 11-21-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Sending huge healing hugs dear Puck and love to you dear Citrus.

And all of you. s xx
Old 11-21-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Joining this group today, as I'm back to day 1. I had 24 beautiful days of sobriety last month and blew it a 10 binge session. I feel so hopeless today. And sick. Nausea, sweats, sadness...same old, same old. At least i know i will feel better everyday i don't that poison in my body. How did i get here? I lost my job, fell into a depression. Finally was getting through it, then coviod hit, shutdowns, homeschool, gained weight....drinking progressively got worse. I hate the person I've become. Not in the suicidal way, but in the get your **** together and figure it out. Go for walks. Eat healthy. Don't drink (duh) OMG i really do feel horrible today. I didn't even drink that much yesterday. Maybe the 9 days previous has caught up. I need to get some water in me, first off. Might be just sips at a time today. For the love of god can i please not do this to myself again?! Sorry, I'm rambling, i just have to get these thoughts out of my head! Thx for reading. And thx for sharing your stories, it is nice to know I'm not alone in this crazy rollercoaster ride.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

You're not rambling love. s

Yes, this is a crazy rollercoaster ride that just makes us sicker every time we get back on.
This year has just been so hard....I think giving yourself the gift of sobriety now will really help to end it on a good note.

Also really good to see you!!!! s xx ❤️
Old 11-21-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You're not rambling love. s

Yes, this is a crazy rollercoaster ride that just makes us sicker every time we get back on.
This year has just been so hard....I think giving yourself the gift of sobriety now will really help to end it on a good note.

Also really good to see you!!!! s xx ❤️
Thx Vcat.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:52 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Joining this group today, as I'm back to day 1. I had 24 beautiful days of sobriety last month and blew it a 10 binge session. I feel so hopeless today. And sick. Nausea, sweats, sadness...same old, same old. At least i know i will feel better everyday i don't that poison in my body. How did i get here? I lost my job, fell into a depression. Finally was getting through it, then coviod hit, shutdowns, homeschool, gained weight....drinking progressively got worse. I hate the person I've become. Not in the suicidal way, but in the get your **** together and figure it out. Go for walks. Eat healthy. Don't drink (duh) OMG i really do feel horrible today. I didn't even drink that much yesterday. Maybe the 9 days previous has caught up. I need to get some water in me, first off. Might be just sips at a time today. For the love of god can i please not do this to myself again?! Sorry, I'm rambling, i just have to get these thoughts out of my head! Thx for reading. And thx for sharing your stories, it is nice to know I'm not alone in this crazy rollercoaster ride.
Sounds like a very similar story to mine. Glad you're back. Those 7-14 day benders are the absolute worst. You'll probably feel like hell on earth for the next few days. Water will definitely help and some light food when you can hold it down. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm still in shock and incredibly grateful I didnt break my arm (huge bruises all over) or my neck the last bender I was on. All sorts of bizarre things occurred and I dont remember hardly any of it.

It's pure insanity what we do to ourselves...
Old 11-21-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

It really is. s

I am so glad you didn't break any bones dear Puck. s xx
Old 11-22-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It really is. s

I am so glad you didn't break any bones dear Puck. s xx
Gosh me too. Thanks venuscat
Old 11-22-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Insomina really sucks.

Thats all I got for tonight.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:40 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it will get a little better each day PL

D
Old 11-22-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope it will get a little better each day PL

D
Thanks, D.

Just a ton of anxiety and stress right now, which isn't helping at all.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:43 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I hear you Puck. It is not easy in America right now, that's for sure.

Sending you tons of love. s ❤️
Old 11-22-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Sober starting today. I’m happy to be here. 😊
Old 11-22-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Happy you are here with us dear 2much2luv!!! Welcome to SR and to the group!! s ❤️❤️
Old 11-22-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hear you guys - I think I need to go ‘no news’ again for a while.

Welcome 2much2luv

D