Notices

One Year & Over Part 77

Old 11-08-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
My youngest is having some sort of anxiety attack. ...

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Andy, Poor lass, what's bothering her?

my 14 y o gson has to wear a mask in class now. It doesn't bother him too much ( other than getting mask acne) but I think it must be hard on them.

Hang in there Butteroll! How sweet little K got a basket of goodies from your lovely neighbours!

Bekind, I bought a load from our gym in Spain, 2 euros each and the money went to a local boys football club. I have masks fork every occasion!
Old 11-08-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

I hope everything is okay Andy.

Having to wear a mask nine hours a day, I have acquired quite the collection. I joked with my wife that I am an old man whom has more masks than ties at this point in my life.

Have a good Monday all!
Old 11-09-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, I hope your daughter’s anxiety attack passes.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Andy, I hope your youngest is feeling better!

SE, how lovely and kind of your neighbors to treat K. And I am delighted to hear that Butterroll and you are doing better. *hug*

SG, I can imagine your mask collection! I currently have about 9 and will be making some more as a few are getting raggedy. It doesn’t sound like we will be out of this anytime soon. Before this week, Maine had one of the lowest positivity rates in the country but now we are in the same boat as everyone else.

Bekind, good that you had a break from the falls and other accidents! Your dad is lucky to have you.

Toots, I can imagine your mask collection

Mags, I hope you stay safe and have a good Monday, too.

Have a good day to all!

Old 11-09-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Treerat, has you kid always had anxiety? I have a couple family members with anxiety. Definitely not fun. I hope she is doing better.

I would so like to think of something to help me get through the winter. I like planting tulips in the fall as it is an act of confidence that spring will return . . . .I don't have access to a garden right now so need to think of something else . . . anyone have any ideas?

My mood is not good today so I'm just soldiering through. Getting out of the apartment of an hour this afternoon sigh be key.

I feel like I whine to you all quite a bit . . . .thanks for listening.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

No worries.....you have things that are worrying you and we always like to help each other. (I love this group ).

I have an idea but not sure if it's workable....do you have enough space in the appt for a little wooden bookcase that can be a plant shelf? I have a few of them and I use grow lights to keep the plants alive (bad light in the corners and such) and they thrive. I have lovely green all through winter and it lots of good oxygen in here.

If you have space and like the idea, I will show you mine and the lights. s
Old 11-09-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, I hope getting out of your apartment for a while helped you. Just a thought, is it possible and practical to have a window box(es) to plant your spring flowers in? There’s some nice indoor plants this time of year. Poinsettia, Christmas cactus and Amaryllis. I’m not very arts and crafty or green fingered but I give it a go.

I’ve a hospital appointment later today with my respiratory consultant. Just routine breathing tests
and blood tests. And a catchup of how I’m reacting to the injections I should think. It’s not the local hospital so I’ll be travelling over the Humber Bridge later.
I’ve just topped up my funds for the Humber Tag. This allows me to go in a special lane at the toll booth and drive straight through without paying at a kiosk. When I set it up with them they sent us a small box about an inch square to stick on the central top part of the inside of the windscreen.
When we drive through it bleeps and my account tells me date and time, etc. Good for businesses and private cars...and best of all it’s quicker.

Have a good Tuesday my friends. Stay safe. xxxx
Old 11-09-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
DD says she is feeling better than yesterday.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags Hope the hospital trip goes smoothly.

Bekind, planting haycynth bulbs in a bowl is easy and gives some life midwinter, or can you access the roof of your dads apartments and create a 'secret garden' up there?

Andy, haha we overlapped good to have ar she is feeling better.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, pleased your daughter is feeling better today.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Bekind, I am an orchid fan and certain types do well even in low light conditions. Especially the Phalaenopsis family, the ones you see in grocery stores and home centers.

Covid has struck at my workplace, and an individual I had close contact with on their last day. Will be watching for symptoms nervously over the next two weeks.

I am glad your daughter is doing better Andy.

Take care all!
Old 11-10-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

More love and fingers crossed that you are all good dear Star. s

Also happy the dd is feeling better today dear Andy. Panic attacks are awful.

Old 11-10-2020, 04:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Bekind, not to worry about whining. I agree about some kind of flowers grown indoors - preferably something simple to maintain. Taking care of an aging parent has some benefits but is also draining no matter how much we love them. I found it to be a turbulent time in my life and I didn’t have to do that much and had a sister to share the load with.

Andy, happy to hear your daughter is feeling better!

Mags, hope your appointment goes well. We have something similar to your Humber Tag for those of our interstate highways that have tolls. Nice time-saver and convenience :-)

SG, sending all kinds of good thoughts your way in hopes that you don’t have covid

Suze, how are you doing? Sounds like it is a tough year for you

Have a good day to all!
Old 11-10-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi Sassy love ~ yes indeed. It is.

And "this too shall pass" isn't working for me anymore, because it isn't going to.
I have things happening that will be a worry for a long long time, so I need to somehow rise above.

How are you and Sassy cat feeling? s xx
Old 11-10-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Magsie

Star do you have to isolate now? I hope you haven’t caught anything from your work colleague. Take care.

Suze, sorry you’re feeling out of sorts love. sending lots of love and big hugs xxxx

All ok with my appointment today. I’m to keep on the injections thankfully.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi to all Overs.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good evening to everyone and thanks for the plant and flower suggestions. I do have a rescued basil plant that I am keeping going. It is great for a bit of fresh basil on occasion and smells so good. Last winter I sprouted perennials on the window sills which was lovely.

Today was better.

We talked to my aunt who is 80 and was in a bit of a melt down. She complained that her husband ate too much broccoli and discussed whomping any and all potential house intruders with a frying pan. The conversation had some other interesting turns. It was kind of funny but she really was in the dumps and fretting about the state of the world so I tried to be sympathetic.

I'm currently knitting a lovely wool neck gator for my nephew's duck who had all the feathers chewed off his neck. It is getting nippy and my nephew thinks his duck will get cold . . . .

. . . . family does keep me amused.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, your aunt sounds like a wonderful character, I’m sure she would wallop any would be intruders. I love that you’re knitting a gator for nephews duck’s neck. ❤️

Years ago someone was attempting to break in a small bungalow I lived in.
I could hear them trying to get a window open.
I was terrified before I got my senses about me, and being in the kitchen at the time, I picked up the phone receiver, then realising the police would never get to me in time, I put the kettle on and took a knife from my cutlery drawer.(I’m not a violent person, I hated knives).
I then switched all the lights and shouted ‘the police are in their way’ and it all went quiet.
I didn’t think just acted on instinct.
It all happened in minutes but seem to last forever, if that made sense.
I told my friend later and she said what was you going to do, make the burglars a sandwich and cup of tea? We have chuckled over the years at my attempts to thwart the burglars with a cup of tea and a sandwich.

Itchy, @Itchy I hope you’ve managed to have some ‘me’ time now things have quietened down. Hope you and your SO and Maggie are well. sending love from over the pond. xx

I seem to be so woolly headed nowadays, I really hope it will pass.

Have a good Wednesday my friends, please keep safe and take care. xxxx
Old 11-10-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
My daughter who is at university has tested positive for the virus, no symptoms yet.
The sour dough bread starter is fed and in the proofing box.
I'm sending hugs to all who need them or just like them.