Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 497

Old 08-22-2020, 12:38 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

So, we got home late last night after our epic, extended holiday exploring the English coastline. I was quite sad in the car on the way home. Kept thinking about how I wished we lived closer to the sea. I love being near water. The universe was obviously listening because when we got home we had an indoor waterfall going on. A pipe to the shower had leaked whilst we were away and water was leaking right through from the upstairs to the downstairs. Thank you Universe. Normally, situations such as this would make me a tad peeved. Fortunately, when we were fossil hunting in Lyme Regis last week, I literally stumbled over an ancient ammonite amongst the rocks. The power of this fossil is immense. As my husband ran around last night turning off the water supply, I stared at the fossil and thought, 'who cares? who seriously cares?' I mean, this fossil is 115 million years old! I can barely get my head around that. In another 115 million years time, who is going to care about my leaking shower? Or the fact that part of the ceiling has fallen down? To be honest, the kids lost interest after about 15 seconds. They were too happy to be back home with wifi. So, now I'm going to scroll back through the previous threads to find that photo of the awesome shower Abcowboy fitted the other week. I remember loving the tiles he used. I want to show the photo to the bloke I've just emailed who is going to come round next week to give me a quote to do all the repairs. And Abcowboy, if you fancy fitting a new shower in London, look no further... the job is yours. Naturally this job will involve a heck of a commute, quarantine and working in a house with moody teenagers, hyperactive children, a bonkers labrador, a recovering alcoholic who talks way too much but on the plus side, you will get to chat to my husband who is without doubt one of the kindest, most lovely and tolerant people on the planet. And talking of the kindest, most lovely people on the planet.... amidst all the chaos, last night, I found a beautiful book sent to me whilst we were away by the spectacular Mags. It's called The Seagull and I can't wait to start reading it. Thank you Mags. So much. You mean the world to me xxx

Lots of love to everyone and special prayers for Nic, Vovo and anyone who needs them. Congratulations Yukonm and happy birthday Least. 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 08-22-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations yukonm and least, congratulations to all other recent milestoners and congratulations to every recommitting to recovery today

follow your dreams erfra

welcome back Kenton
D

Old 08-22-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Hi Nic,
As a fellow chocolate lover, there is a cake ... umm pardon the name ... Death By Chocolate Cake😋 🥮😋oh my gosh ... 🥰🥰 I make it in a Bundt pan, and use “good” chocolate (My secret ingredient ... shhh ) in addition to Nestle mini chocolate-chips. You can easily find the recipe online, maybe your son or a friend can make ??
❤️
Bobbi
sounds amazing Bobbi 😘

The fact you never suggested I bake it myself makes me think you must already know how dismal
my baking skills are Hahahah !!! I even fail at box cakes.. the add one egg and water type!! Maybe ill
blame the oven!? Actually my cooking skills in general are not my strongest point at all!!

Feel free to jump on Suze’s plane and show me how it’s done!!! Although I’m still waiting on her dropping me my coffee!! xx
Old 08-22-2020, 02:13 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Nic, sending more love and hugs sweetheart. xxxxx
Thank you honey xx hope you have an amazing Saturday 😘
Old 08-22-2020, 03:25 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

In for another 24 and wishing you all a happy and relaxing day!
Old 08-22-2020, 03:26 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Oh man Kenton that sucks! Hope it works out in your favor and you get the best bathroom ever.....and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip ~ I know nothing about repairs, but I'd be happy to hang out with the bonkers labrador

Hope U have a relaxing day (((Nic))) (((VoVo))) and hugs to everyone else who needs one

Coffee and another 24 please
Old 08-22-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Going to be very busy at work today. This is a good thing for me, as it keeps me from thinking too much. 24 more and love to all.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Thought I'd share this in case anyone could use it ~ 8 hours of ocean sounds....I just keep it on an open tab to play in the background...

Old 08-22-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

24 more please....
Old 08-22-2020, 04:02 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 6:02 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“My story is filled with broken pieces, terrible choices and ugly truths. It’s also filled with major comeback, peace in my soul and a grace that saved my life.” – Kathy Browne

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 08-22-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Free.

Mornin’ all.

another sober day for me too.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:40 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

24 more sober hours, please and thank you.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Late checking in - 12:52pm in the UK.
HAd to go and have a virus swab test today before my gastroscopy on Tuesday. 1.5 hours either way for a 15 second test!

Anyway, another 24 please
Old 08-22-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Your house sounds exactly like ours @kenton , except our 4 “teenagers” are all grown up and out on their own lol. I’d love nothing more than to be over there helping out with a new shower and getting to meet y’all.

I’ll be keeping up my tiling skills anyway because if and when I ever get moved in with Bubba and Hank over in Vegreville, the first thing, well one of the first things, I’ll do is tear out the small neo-angle shower unit in the ensuite and put in a full wall-to-wall tiled shower! That would have to wait until I replaced both overhead garage doors and put heat in the garage.

Huge congrats on 13 years @yukonm , and belated Happy Birthday @least !
Old 08-22-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

8:14 am in Louisville. 24 more sober hours today please. And thank you. And coffee please for me, for anyone else who wants some.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Thanks to all who acknowledged my 13 year milestone

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 8:20am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today !!
Old 08-22-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

@kenton, you made me smile this morning! What a story!

im beginning a new tradition with my girls this morning. We are doing 1:1 mornings with a great out to the park or breakfast with each girl. Good way to spend more one on one time. So this morning I will have my oldest who has already asked to have arts and craft time with me. So I’m breaking out the glue, sequins and glitter. We will make something special! Tomorrow is my one on one with my youngest. She has said she just wants me to take her swimming by herself. Weather looks beautiful.

next week is board week and some other important meetings I’m hosting. Seems my ceo likes when I host these types of meetings so he’s given me two more!

thinking of everyone today. Congratulations to everyone celebrating milestones today!
Old 08-22-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
sounds amazing Bobbi 😘

The fact you never suggested I bake it myself makes me think you must already know how dismal
my baking skills are Hahahah !!! I even fail at box cakes.. the add one egg and water type!! Maybe ill
blame the oven!? Actually my cooking skills in general are not my strongest point at all!!

Feel free to jump on Suze’s plane and show me how it’s done!!! Although I’m still waiting on her dropping me my coffee!! xx
It's hard to work the foot pedals on the plane right now....my ankle isn't quite healed.
That's my current excuse anyway.

Loved reading about your mum dear Bobbi.

Loved reading about the wonderful way you turned a mentally intrusive week into a positive healing evening dear VoVo.

So glad you loved your holiday dear kent.

s xx ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-22-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Going to be very busy at work today. This is a good thing for me, as it keeps me from thinking too much. 24 more and love to all.
Has there been no word re your niece love? s ❤️