Notices

Class of May 2020 part 8

Old 08-21-2020, 09:34 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Free.

Be well everyone!

Old 08-22-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I am mostly OK dear Coz, just a little frustrated.
I am only able to do a small amount of gardening and housework at a time, and then I get wiped. And the pain in my ankle is too much.
Rehab and getting any basic fitness back is going to take a while. So yesterday was all about do some work/rest/ouch and repeat.
Mixed in with 'you are an idiot Suze' in my head. Because I was afraid to go to the ER over covid.

So today is about turning my frown upside down and moving into some acceptance here. And courage to change the things I can. Which is mostly my attitude.

I am going to be the ant who could move that rubber tree plant today, one step at a time. And I am going to put music on and enjoy the journey.

s xx ❤️

Old 08-22-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

That's a great plan, Venus! I'm frustrated over getting tired so easily, too. What is causing that for you, do you know? I hope today goes better for you. Music helps me, too. Sometimes Orin and I play a game where we each play a favorite song from Youtube and see who has the best song. It never fails to lift my spirits. My favorite is "Happy", and the video that goes with it. Will Pharrel I think is the name of the artist.
The whole family, except for my youngest son, are going to the rifle range to shoot guns today. Not my cup of tea at all. But, it will be nice to have the house quiet. I've realized that my youngest has a drinking problem. So sad. I had suspected it but wasn't sure. Now I am. I'm so grateful I'm sober! What a mess it would be if we were both here drinking.
Didit, is once every day or two going to be enough support for you? Have you come up with a plan to stay sober, and where you will get the support you need? Sorry if that seems too nosy, but I do care.
Hope, let us know if you're okay!
Hugs and love to all. I hope to hear from our missing class members again. I know I post and read here a lot, usually I come here three times a day. But it's a big part of my recovery plan and it has made such a huge difference. All the difference, really.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Free.

Venus: I’ve never heard about the ant that could move a rubber tree. Is it an Auzie thing?
Also...I must’ve grown up in a cave.

Karen: I also enjoy ‘Happy’. I sometimes will be singing it around the house (loudly) with about 1/3 of the correct words. “ratellraou if you can feel, happiness is Farouk...”
(I’ve never listened enough to learn the right words).

(Just if I’m being silly while washing the dishes sometimes)

Have a good day everyone!

Old 08-22-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

It is a Frank Sinatra thing.

Old 08-22-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
Karen: I also enjoy ‘Happy’. I sometimes will be singing it around the house (loudly) with about 1/3 of the correct words. !
HAHAHAhaha I just watched this vid with the lyrics!! Simple enough. (I might’ve been off a bit)

Venus: I really enjoy “New York, New York by Sinatra.

Have a great day people!

Old 08-22-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
Venus: I’ve never heard about the ant that could move a rubber tree. Is it an Auzie thing?
Also...I must’ve grown up in a cave.

Karen: I also enjoy ‘Happy’. I sometimes will be singing it around the house (loudly) with about 1/3 of the correct words. “ratellraou if you can feel, happiness is Farouk...”
(I’ve never listened enough to learn the right words).

(Just if I’m being silly while washing the dishes sometimes)

Have a good day everyone!
Just being silly.

Of course I knew those were not the right words.
Just having fun being nonsensical.

Hope you are all having a safe and decent day, sober friends!

Old 08-22-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I am trying to post a response with my son's dog seeing if he can get into the smallest area possible under my desk. Underneath was apparently not small enough, so he is trying to push himself between the desk and the wall. He is a huge white siberian husky. He has a little separation anxiety when the whole family goes away. They named him Comrad. Oy vey, and in Georgia, too.
I liked your words to the song, TC. And, I love the ant and the rubber tree song. Once there was a silly old ant, thought he'd move a rubber tree plant, but everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant. But he's got high hopes!
Very inspiring!
Old 08-22-2020, 01:02 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Oy vey indeed. And I have never read those words before on SR.
You are channelling my mum dear Karen.

Old 08-22-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
nmd

Hey gang just popping in to say hello! Glad to see so many of us still here and active. I'm still sober myself and keeping myself busy so i stay sane with everything mostly closed still.

I have a small mountain of squash and tomatos from the garden so i need to start freezing stuff and making sauce. A good problem to have. :-)
i hope everyone is well
Old 08-22-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Coz

everyone

Suze - you take care of that ankle. Please don't do it any further hurt - maybe lower the level of your high hopes a little? Or find a few more sit down jobs to keep you busy and productive for a little while longer.

Karen - hope your youngest's drinking habits don't trigger you at all. Maybe the example you have set will help in some way - even if it is just noticing that it might be a problem. Completely lost me on Comrad, oy vey and in Georgia too. American language?

TC - I got nothing - keep singing (Sorry - not quite the right emoticon - I really would listen!).

I'm not enjoying life too much at the moment. Feeling lonely, unloved and unwanted and really anxious about my next ultrasound and pathology coming up on Tuesday. There is not much I can do except to wait for the results and then decide what to do with my life. It will be a real kick in the teeth to have given up drinking and smoking to find out that my other non-smoking or drinking related health issues are getting worse. Oh well, woe is me for a couple more days - I'm just far too impatient and need to know.

Take care of yourselves....
Old 08-22-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Coz

NMD - so lovely to see you here! Also really great to hear that you are still sober - very well done!
Jealous of your garden produce - mine is doing OK - lots of cherry tomatoes but not a lot else at the moment.

Thanks for making contact again - take care and please keep popping in from time-to-time.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best for results Coz.

Hope you can heal quickly now too Suze - it's been a while.

Hiya NMD, sober and TC

D
Old 08-22-2020, 05:39 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Free.

Venus: now I’ve got ‘high hopes’ stuck in my mind. I could think of worse though.

Coz: I’m sorry that you’re blue. {HUGS}
You are loved, by all of us here. Take care.
Thanks for sharing.

Karen: it’s funny how the biggest dogs are the most tender sometimes and that they’ll try and hide in the tightest little space. Our pitty/doberman is 80 lbs and she likes to snuggle into to coziest places. (36kg, 5stone10lbs) (did I do that right?)

Nice to see a post by Dee too.

Have a great today everyone!

Old 08-22-2020, 07:02 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you NMD! What's been going on other than a great garden?
Coz, I"m sorry you're feeling blue and anxious over health results. I am praying for you to get good news. How much longer will you have to wait? And yes, you are loved, very much.
My mom use to say that, too, Venus! Oy vey. I think it's really Jewish, and as far as I know we have no such ancestry. But it clearly meant, "You are so stupid you are hurting my head!" hee hee. When she said it anyway.
TC, you have an 80 pound doberman! That's wonderful. I love dogs. Cats, too.
Off to bed now. Coz, I hope you have a great day and know that you really are loved very much. I felt really unloved and had just an all over hurt feeling for the first couple weeks after I quit drinking. It's awful, really. But, it got better slowly. Maybe you're having a little nicotine emotional withdrawal?
Old 08-22-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Free.

My willow. She’s goofy, clumsy, loving, blundersome, playful, fast, snugly, and happily disobedient.

She’s close to 80 lbs. Pitty/doberman and maybe some shepherd, we’re told.

She’s a big lummox and she’s well loved.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

OMG she is BEAUTIFUL dear TC.
Are you sure she doesn't have any rdigeback in her?
just a divine dog.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Also singing High Hopes in my head.....and if we wait for the right season, nmd will probably grow enough apples to make all of the pies.

I am envious of your wonderful tomatoes and vegies dear nmd (feel free to send them to OH, he he). Also very happy to see you.

Um...Coz honey......why are you feeling unloved, lonely and unwanted honey? We love you, your husband loves you and we miss you like crazy when you are not around, hence you are most wanted. Hoping the ultrasound etc goes well love. s

It has been 7 weeks since I broke my ankle. So yep, a while....how long does it take to heal if you are a normal person who gets a cast? Probably 6 at most. Shaking head at self. (edit Dr Google says 6-8 weeks in a cast and a good two months to heal ).

Old 08-23-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
nmd

Sorry to hear you are having health troubles Coz, hoping you get good results.

sober369- like a lot of parents ive been wrapped up in the back to school mess that is about to unfold. My kids are doing a hybrid thing. Two days in classroom, 3 days distant learning. Masks all the time except for a break and some kind of separators between desks. I cant help but feel it will be a failure and we.will be 100% distant learning by october, but i hope I'm wrong. Its going to be really hard on the kids

Exercise has been a big part of keeping sane too. Ive kept up with a routine of 4-6 days of exercise all year (late december really) its the longest continuous streak and it feels great. I haven't done so great losing weight though. Ive been stuck at 193lbs for 6 months. Ive lost 10lbs total. Exercise really helps with sleep and how i feel in general though and i feel as fit as i have ever been. I guess the weight loss can happen slowly as long as.i stick with a routine

I've slack off.on practicing guitar, but ive been so busy its hard to juggle. Maybe when thr weather starts getting cooler and there is less.to.do outside
Old 08-23-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
nmd

hope your ankle heals quickly venus. I've had a sprained ankle and hobbling around on crutches is tough but im sure youll be better before you know it