Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 61

Old 04-21-2021, 07:28 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Love to you and hubs Mags. Sorry for your loss.xx
Old 04-21-2021, 10:43 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks for your kind wishes. Hubby is pretty steadfast and solid and I suspect he’s been preparing himself for losing his dad for some time. Fil’s health has been deteriorating for a while. He’s been a great help for his mum.

Have a good Thursday
Old 04-22-2021, 12:48 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Do your best

Condolences xxx
Old 04-24-2021, 06:39 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Yes, it’s that quandary of knowing someone is getting older and the inevitability that we all can’t live forever. I know living a long life is a gift that some don’t get, but nonetheless the loss is no less to loved ones left behind.

I still cry for my grandmothers, even though they both lived well in to their 80s, I always felt like society expects the grief to be less because the person lived a long life. Not the case!
Old 04-27-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I totally agree with that Crois. We just lost Dads brother and although he was 87 it dosnt dull the fact that he's been such a wonderful, much loved person by all of us.
Dad is really upset & it's hard seeing your Dad cry at 84 years of age.
it breaks my heart.
He was cremated and there was no funeral.But we will all be together on his birthday in June as a celebration of his life day. Where we will take photos and have tea and coffee and cake at my Auntys house.
This is what I'm having as well. I don't want people crying over me, I want them to be able to get the grieving out of the way, wear lots of colour and have a fun day.
plus, there is no expense .
it shouldn't have to be a burden on anyone .

hope you are all well Julyers, I've already had a good chat with PJ but I'll be popping in a bit more as I always get wobbly around Mothers Day.
It's my one trigger day of the year xxx

xxx
Old 04-28-2021, 03:25 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

look after yourself Snooz
Old 04-28-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Magsie

Stay close Snoozy love. Sending condolences to you love xx
Old 04-28-2021, 05:12 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for you and your Dad's loss Snooz.

D
Old 04-30-2021, 02:27 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Thanks PJ, Mags & Dee xxx

Dee how is your Mum these days? I hope she is well. It's hard watching our parents get older , isn't it.

I just woke up with a start , I dreamt I sent to see my kids and I put out my arms to hug them and they told me they didn't want to see me anymore. I HATE these kinda dreams, they stay with you all day long

I love having my brother living with us, he's a chatterer like me. A wonderful distraction.
I might do some poetry. That always helps, although, I thought I was good at poetry, I've read some of mine back from here and thought ...yuck! You're not that good lol. Always room for improvement right lol.

have wonderful weekend all, our days here in Adelaide have been nothing short of glorious and I have been sooooo busy buying and selling to keep me busy. It's such a passion now. I'm on the go from morning til night as I do with anything in life...totally committed....or addicted to it.

better than the alternative right!

I don't even think of drinking anymore , its so liberating.

love you all

xxxx

Old 04-30-2021, 04:02 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

My mums fine Snooz - you wouldn't know how ill she was a few years back. Dad is fine too.

Enjoy the weekend - you deserve some good times

D
Old 05-01-2021, 10:42 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey Snooz. Sorry to hear about your dads brother. It is sad to see the changes happen as our dear uncles and aunts get older too. I really miss some of the great times our extended family had together. It’s confronting for them to lose siblings at any age. And on that note, I’m glad your brother and you are making nice memories! Got to be a bonus.

Sorry about your dreams. They definitely can be cruel. xx
Old 05-02-2021, 12:15 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy Sunday to all Julyers

Old 05-02-2021, 03:37 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi Mags!!
Old 05-02-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi my July family

Crois & Dee, thanks so much for your helpful advice re Mothers Day , absolutely taken on board and feeling somewhat at peace now. No stress :-)

SR is such a wonderful place, it truly is.

Xxxx
Old 05-02-2021, 05:27 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to stop in a say hello. As you know, even though I don't post all that much I do read our little class forum. And sometimes try to give encouragement and a little advice in other forums. I have been quite busy with yard work and getting a veggie garden tilled. Looking forward to planting season.
I have grown tired of my workplace and some of their unfair practices. I get that we are in a pandemic and things slowed down. But, I know where I am on the pay scale and feel that the input I put into this job far exceeds what my compensation is. So, I have sent my resume out to see if there was any bites. And man, I have had a lot of employers interested in me.
Seems there is an extreme shortage of machinist entering the trade as trade school interest by the youth has dwindled.
So potential job change in the near future.
I have searched my soul and prayed about this. As I am not one to be dissatisfied with what I have been provided.
But, I also know God does help those who help themselves. And for me, that goes way back when I asked the Lord to be freed from the chains and bondage of alcohol.
So God bless everybody. And I hope to be contributing more to the forum in the future.
Hope to hear from Pete as well.
Big hugs
Old 05-02-2021, 05:44 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best no matter what you decide re your job Bob

D
Old 05-02-2021, 05:49 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Hoping all is going well for you on the other side our little planet.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:58 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Bob! I’m thrilled with this news!!! I can tell you, the resumes I saw in my US job adverts - many were lacklustre. When a person with good solid experience comes in, it really does stand out!

Be smart and know your worth. And don’t be shy about your salary. Do your research and Google what that trade makes in your state and go for it! I’m sure your God does not want you to take second best when it comes to your gifts. Being unhappy in a job is not living the blessing of life to its fullest. You’ve got this!
Old 05-02-2021, 08:00 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bob, that’s great news. I echo CW’s words. Know your worth and don’t be shy. Skilled in their trade workers are worth their weight in gold.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:29 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

BOBBBBBBB

So lovely to see you post.

You would be an asset to anyone you work for with your good work ethic and kind decent manner, you are worth your weight in gold my friend xxx

x