Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 477

Old 03-06-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

You were in the army Bailey? And at 6ft 3, you were the smallest in your group?? Blimey, how tall were the tallest?? I'm 5ft 4 which I think is fairly average for a woman but I often feel like a bit of a shrimp. Talking of shrimps, I LOVE seafood. All seafood. That place you work at sounds AMAZING Coldfusion. Jealous? Me? Yes!!! In other news, I'm so super proud right now because my 11 year old daughter who happens to be a fantastic artist has got through to the final of the county art competition!! This is a really big deal. We find out next Saturday whether she's won!! Have I mentioned that I'm super proud?? Rushing around but I'll be back later to catch up properly. Love to you all and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 03-06-2020, 07:03 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

What a star your girl is dear kent.....I SO hope she wins!!!!!!!! s ❤️❤️

And Americans are tall.....really really tall.....the amount of women I have seen or met over 5 ft 11 is well, a lot. And so many guys over 6 ft.....and a ton over 6 ft 5....and I am just under 5ft 4 love and I do feel very short. xxxx

(I have been joking since I moved here that it's the corn syrup. )
Old 03-06-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 03-06-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

CF, congratulations on your new job! That sounds so interesting! I’m allergic to shellfish, but I think your job is really cool

Suze, my twin... I’m also allergic to shellfish! 🦐 🦀 😮

Kenton, congratulations to your daughter! What type of art?

Congratulations to the milestoners! Well done!

Goat ~ 1 year & 6 months! ♥
Daisybelle ~ 1 year & 11 months! ♥
Dee74 ~ 12 years & 11 months! ♥

Another 24 for me, please
Old 03-06-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze xxx and Daisybelle7, it was a painting competition. They had to paint about an event in history. My daughter chose to paint the suffragettes campaigning for women to get the vote. I don't have the skills to post a pic of her painting but if you look on my profile page, I've saved it as my profile pic so you can see it. Well, I've saved part of it as my profile pic. It's a big painting and I couldn't get it to fit! My children are all quite clever and talented which is incredible when you consider they have me as a parent!!! I can't even work out how to post pictures let alone paint them 😂 xxx
Old 03-06-2020, 12:05 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 03-06-2020, 12:06 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Wow, kenton! That painting is awesome, and I love the subject matter she chose! You’ve raised an amazing little girl!
Old 03-06-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Congrats on your new job CF!

(((Willow)))

(((VoVo)))

Friday morning and ready for another 24

Me! Me! I want coffee Purps!
7.45am here.

Another 24 hours please. I’m on day 6 and feeling positive again.
It’s Sat morning here and I’m going hiking in the bush, with a girlfriend, rain, hail (thunderstorms forecast lol) or shine. I always feel closer to my lost loved ones when I’m out in nature ❤️ And I recharge the energy in my soul, and get closer to my inner quiet place and closer to God ❤️

Hugs Vovo

And hugs to everyone else who needs a hug today
Old 03-06-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Thanks Suze xxx and Daisybelle7, it was a painting competition. They had to paint about an event in history. My daughter chose to paint the suffragettes campaigning for women to get the vote. I don't have the skills to post a pic of her painting but if you look on my profile page, I've saved it as my profile pic so you can see it. Well, I've saved part of it as my profile pic. It's a big painting and I couldn't get it to fit! My children are all quite clever and talented which is incredible when you consider they have me as a parent!!! I can't even work out how to post pictures let alone paint them 😂 xxx
Wow......how fantastic is this.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I have to agree, that’s a good painting. Your daughter has a lot of talent, Kenton.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes - so well done & appealing Kenton.

I'll be needing another 24 sober & sane hours please!
Old 03-06-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job Coldfusion! I could eat my weight in oysters! Well all seafood. I love it too. In New Orleans, we chargrill oysters. We top them with a buttery garlic Parmesan sauce and grill them up and eat them with toasty French bread. I can only imagine how much fresher your oysters are. Delightful.

and Kenton-congratulations to your daughter! I would love to see some of her work!

Congratulations to everyone celebrating milestones today! I had to go again to the company headquarters to clean out an old board room. 35 years of **** that should have been thrown out years and years ago. One of the large companies in town (Hershey) is telling their employees to self quarantine for 14 days after ANY travel (business or pleasure.) seems corona is really making the pandemic planning very real. I hope you all have lots of soap. Apparently that is now sought after like hand sanitizer.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:11 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Happy friday! Went shopping and noticed there are no masks or hand sanitizer. Also saw someone buy 60 cans of soup! I guess it has something to do with the virus
Checking in for 24.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
You were in the army Bailey? And at 6ft 3, you were the smallest in your group?? Blimey, how tall were the tallest?? I'm 5ft 4 which I think is fairly average for a woman but I often feel like a bit of a shrimp. Talking of shrimps, I LOVE seafood. All seafood. That place you work at sounds AMAZING Coldfusion. Jealous? Me? Yes!!! In other news, I'm so super proud right now because my 11 year old daughter who happens to be a fantastic artist has got through to the final of the county art competition!! This is a really big deal. We find out next Saturday whether she's won!! Have I mentioned that I'm super proud?? Rushing around but I'll be back later to catch up properly. Love to you all and 24 more for me please xxxx
That’s amazing Kenton. Congratulations to you and especially your daughter.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am allergic to most seafood.....wondering if you are? s
So glad you got through the cravings love.....onwards together! s xx ❤️
Thank you! Actually, I try not to be preachy about it, but I choose to be vegan. Luckily, I have no allergies!
Old 03-06-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaisson View Post
Greetings all from what feels like a quiet day brewing in DC.

CrossYH - work stress is always a trigger for me too. I've learned I don't really want a drink but need relief or release in other ways. It's become much easier to recognize the "muscle memory" for what it is - a thought to acknowledge but let it pass.

Now if my Caps keep losing I may have to find some serious release for my anxiety ramping up as we head down the stretch!

24 please and enjoy your Friday.
Thank you, too! I was laying there wide awake but wanting to sleep. So, naturally the thought of mixing a strong one had to creep in. I’m just really hooked on this sobriety thing though!
Old 03-06-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caretaker88 View Post
Checking in at 8:01 AM from Minnesota. Welcome day 5! I am in for another 24. Thanks!
Welcome!
Old 03-06-2020, 07:03 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Congratulations Wisc on that stack of things accomplished!! Very proud of you sir
Best is yet to come

Thanks MsV for encouragement

Very cool Bailey & thanks for your service

Work is still in limbo cause was told my case is still under review! I’ve turned service work aka commitments a notch higher so I’m not stuck in my head
24 would help
Old 03-06-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=venuscat;7398138]I really want to say something funny but am way too tired.....thinking what is left.....prawns.....you must love prawns.

I love you dear Bobbi. 🐟 ❤️

Those special birthday dinners my Mom cooked for us? MMmmm... she knew it was always with ...... shrimp🍤❣️
I love you too Suze
Old 03-06-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Congrats to your daughter for making it to the final, Kenton ~ I love the painting!