Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 5

Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think most of them know I'm not drinking anyway. Plus it's Jan. I don't see a major problem. Just don't want to spend time in pubs at the mo!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:11 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Taplow, I'm starting to see a trend developing. Drinking: dark, suicidal thoughts, wanting to escape, warped view of things. Not drinking: feeling better, on a more even keel, upbeat contributions. Seems like the drinking really doesn't suit you after all. Hope you stay with us.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:31 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I agree, Tap...stick with us! You CAN do it! My dog ended up having 4 different bacterial infections in his ears and an infectioon whe I had tried wart remover on a skin tag ....BUT we got antibiotics for him and discussed the removal of many more tags, plus a huge lump on his side. (It has been checked and is not cancerous). He is still recovering today (I think from all of the trauma from yesterday)...just sleeping. Follow-up in two weeks and they are going to mail price estimates for the lump that is about the size of a tennis ball, and remaining skin tags. We know that it's going to be expensive, but what can you do???? Some brief thoughts of having a glass of wine when we finally got home (and hubby was having a beer), but "surfed the urge" and it wasn't bad at all. Today the housekeeper is here, so we are doing office work...ugh....but it is better than cleaning! I think that I may go to buy a new Kindle just to get out of the house. Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Your poor doggy. He's lucky to have you. I am going to assess my mental state and overall well-being after I attain some proper sobriety and then make a call on a dog. I really want one but they're a lot of work. Good that you surfed that urge. Feeling very serene this evening. Listening to All time greats: Ella Fitzgerald on Spotify. Very nice.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thanks Briansy! Good music !
Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

check in, Tap, even if you're drinking. You're going to have to face this at some point because you're really rapidly cycling between fun upbeat and dark morose tap. These crazy cycles are going to continue unless you stop the drinking.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

good job on urge surfing, trudgingagain.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi all I'm still with you at 87 days. Been in Aruba and it was sobermazing! Love to all!
Old 01-14-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

87. Nice! I'm feeling very comfortable at 46 I must say. I'm starting to see that this could be a goer long term! Funny, the door just isn't open to drinking or gambling currently and that allows me to genuinely look at how I can live my life without them. Rather than just patiently waiting it out til I can drink again. It really is making getting through January so much easier. High winds and rain here. Cold, grey and damp
Old 01-14-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Hi all I'm still with you at 87 days. Been in Aruba and it was sobermazing! Love to all!
JOY!!!!!!
Gosh we missed you. s
Glad you had a fab sober time....how incredible huh. Just awesome.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Joy I'm glad you had a good time

Briansy 46 days is great, and I believe you can get through these tricky times with a good plan. I know you don't want to drink.

Day 73 here. I had to RSVP yes for my annual work party today. I do not want to go, at all. It is the exact type of event I have been opting out of lately -- very drinking-centric with free booze. I can't really even bring my boyfriend because we have to leave from the office (it's from 4-8 pm), so by the time he would be able to get there around 7pm or so, I would definitely be wanting to leave already. My boss is nuts about people not going to these types of events. I think that the only viable way I can get out of it without pissing her off is to call in sick on the day, so right now, that's what I'm planning to do. Actually, even that may **** her off, but I'm generally known in the office for high integrity and never call in sick when I'm not actually sick so I think if it's me doing it, she'll be okay. And I would feel okay ethically about doing it, because it is to protect my health.

Off to see if bf wants to order some dinner before the Dem debate. See you all later
Old 01-14-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hmmm....that's a bit tricky love. Hoping there is an easy way out of it. s xx
Old 01-14-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

The other option would be to go and leave after an hour or so. That's what I'd normally do, but the problem is that this year several of my colleagues, including my boss, are getting honored for various milestone anniversaries with the company, and I don't know at what point in the party that will happen. I know if I go, I will feel like I'm stuck there until that is over, because my boss is just crazy enough to actually notice and care if I miss her award.

Calling in sick is sounding better and better. I have a few weeks to decide though.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tap

I could never outrun myself either. Wherever I went there I was.
I didn;t think not drinking would naje aby duffernce, but it did.
And I'm not talking a week off here and there...I'm talking a solid run of months.

Our mind and body needs to recover from the regular and ritual poisonings we gave it.

I not only had to stop drinking but I had to start living as well Just doing the same things I ised to do when dinking meant I was prtty much destined to drink again.

Change is not only possible Tao but it;s desirable. I really hoep yo recommit to recovery and came back.

Theres got to be a way to find more support and make more changes for you.

D
Old 01-14-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

SBTS

Old working me would worry about that too.

If there's any chance you feel you might be railroaded into a drink,or might think one drink will be ok, don't go.

Your boss will get over it.

hey Joy 87 days s great

I'm glad your dog is doing well Trudging - and you too naturally

hey too to Briansy willow and OOTT
D
Old 01-14-2020, 05:38 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Joy, welcome back! That sounds like a great vaycay! So jelly!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:29 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

My husband and I won this trip through our wholesale distributor. It was called the Industry Leaders Summit. There was around 300 of us. The booze was all free. We did it! It was easy. It was harsh seeing the hungover peeps the next mornings as we had networking events. One poor girl that was at an event and she was so hungover she actually puked in her shoes. Been there done that but I peed in my awesome boots once. I made my nickname after that **** in boots. Lol sorry it's funny now. Glad to feel so much freedom from the beast. We even did a seabob excursion. It was so much fun!!!! Love to all!
Old 01-14-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Class of November 2019 Part 6)