Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 460

Old 10-17-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

doc appointment. no work today. glad to be sober.
24 for this old man...
Old 10-17-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Rebooting 1256
People have been irritating me all day. Just droning on and on. Making noises when eating. Asking me if I’m okay. Aaargh personal space. Just looking at some people irritated me. If they only knew what I was thinking!!!

Kept calm and cool.
Going to nap…. take care of HALT… spot inventory.
I know it’s me…. BUT it’s THEM! lol
Old 10-17-2019, 12:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wiscsober - I know. People. Sometimes just a bit unbearable but then again sometimes just what we need. Sending some serenity dust your way.

Venus - I loved my lunch! Much more interesting than my usual fare. Time to buck my ideas up on that front.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I always find on days where I am getting annoyed at everything or everyone that I need to stop, take a deep breath and do something nice for myself. Sit down and have some tea and a cookie maybe? Just a bit of self-love.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yep yep yep yep still on board the sober bus. Check this out....i.couldnt remember the name of this site for a minute or so. I think that's a good sign
Old 10-17-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread, and Venuscat for the list, as always.

Just checking in to pledge another 24, and I’m setting up for a relatively early night. Very tired and emotional tonight.

The fair is in town and I can hear it and see the lights from my window. Coming home from work and the streets were full of excited families, children looking forward to getting there, all walking toward the middle of town.

That really hurts and I miss my children more than ever tonight. I used to take them when they were younger, it would be two years ago now because I couldn’t see them last year, and I found some pictures today of the last time I took them. Their faces full of happiness on the dodgem cars and other rides.

How could I have been so stupid to do the things I did? What made me think it was ok? I wish I could see them, smell their hair, read them a bedtime story like I used to. This hurts so much and all I can do is not drink, and sit with these awful feelings. I was such a horrible person, and that’s all they have to remember at the moment because they have no idea how I’m doing in sobriety, how sad and sorry I am, and that I’d give anything to have them back in my life.

Lost, lonely and tearful. Ashamed, guilty and miserable. Grateful for my sobriety, resentful of how much addiction took away. I had all I could have wanted.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NoGoingBack - I behaved in a similar way. The people we are when drinking bear little resemblance to the real us. Please be kind & patient with yourself. You are never alone.

I'll be needing another 24 - I can never go back to that horrible place of misery.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
orangutan

checking in
2 big nights of storms the first night the power got knocked out at 2 am and didn't come back on until 6 pm followed up with another storm. I do not cope with this weather huge trigger for me.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It's around 10.35pm here in England and I'm in for 24 hours more please.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Thanks Dee for the new thread, and Venuscat for the list, as always.

Just checking in to pledge another 24, and I’m setting up for a relatively early night. Very tired and emotional tonight.

The fair is in town and I can hear it and see the lights from my window. Coming home from work and the streets were full of excited families, children looking forward to getting there, all walking toward the middle of town.

That really hurts and I miss my children more than ever tonight. I used to take them when they were younger, it would be two years ago now because I couldn’t see them last year, and I found some pictures today of the last time I took them. Their faces full of happiness on the dodgem cars and other rides.

How could I have been so stupid to do the things I did? What made me think it was ok? I wish I could see them, smell their hair, read them a bedtime story like I used to. This hurts so much and all I can do is not drink, and sit with these awful feelings. I was such a horrible person, and that’s all they have to remember at the moment because they have no idea how I’m doing in sobriety, how sad and sorry I am, and that I’d give anything to have them back in my life.

Lost, lonely and tearful. Ashamed, guilty and miserable. Grateful for my sobriety, resentful of how much addiction took away. I had all I could have wanted.
Hold on a second love.....stupid? Not a chance. And this has nothing to do with this. Substance Abuse Disorder is now a recognised disease.....in whatever way we contributed to being here, sure, but so do diabetics and people with heart disease.....we did not CHOOSE this.

But we can choose to heal. And we are. And that is everything. s ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post
checking in
2 big nights of storms the first night the power got knocked out at 2 am and didn't come back on until 6 pm followed up with another storm. I do not cope with this weather huge trigger for me.
Love you to pieces honey, and with you every step.
Hopefully the weather eases up and the power grid holds up. ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Nogoingback ((( big hugs)) you are not alone in this. The old me did things like that too, what on earth was I thinking? Stay strong and be kind to yourself, we are here for you. xxx

Running late today, but better late than never.

24 more for me please and thank you.

Love always. xx
Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

VoVo in for 24 more on a gorgeous October evening. Watching the sunset from the patio and feeling grateful. I’m still not up to speed but I’m picking up steam. So good to stay in the day, it’s where I belong. I can live in abundance instead of fear and dread..and lack.

James, you’re such an inspiration. I relate, and hope you rest well tonight. Thank you for being here and sharing with us.

Xxxx
Old 10-17-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

First drink worst drink~~~ please consider!-
Old 10-17-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 10-17-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

5:36 pm and enjoying the fact that the weather is actually a little cool tonight. I walked in the park for an hour, and now I’m waiting for my oldest to finish practice. Thankfully my other daughter left her cheer sweatshirt in the car, I put it on so I can sit outdoors and enjoy the crispness in the air.

This week has gone by really fast, it’s funny how some weeks seem to fly and others seem to take forever.

I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my family. I think my husband and I are going to dinner somewhere this weekend, it’s been a while since we’ve gone out without kids.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today. Have a great night everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 10-17-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dreary weather today. Checking in for my 24.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Checking in for another sober twenty four hours. 9:50pm here.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hooray for sobriety!

7:04 PM on Orcas Island.