Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 460

Old 10-21-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Pledging another 24 sober hours.

Really enjoying doing ODAAT lately. It's pretty much all I can handle.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I want another 24 too please!!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's wonderful love.

Nw for something a bit cheeky....I bought myself a present. I am a few days early, but I wanted to show you all.

The other side of the medallion has the serenity prayer and one turquoise crystal in the middle.
The case and key chain was separate..I want to carry this with me all of the time....isn't is gorgeous?
I love it! And you deserve something so lovely! ❤❤❤
Old 10-21-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Sobriety isn't just about not drinking.
It's about confronting your fears and choosing not to hide.It's about the loss of insincerity and the shedding of veils. Sobriety is knowing your power and never ever giving it away. It's about living a life with intention-one that make your soul stir and your spirit hum. Sobriety unearths the glow that's been there all along. It is a well-earned souvenir after the fire that made you.

this old soul wants a 24 hours of sober life...
Oh wow!! I love this. Thank you Erfra xxxx
Old 10-21-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's wonderful love.

Nw for something a bit cheeky....I bought myself a present. I am a few days early, but I wanted to show you all.

The other side of the medallion has the serenity prayer and one turquoise crystal in the middle.
The case and key chain was separate..I want to carry this with me all of the time....isn't is gorgeous?
And I love this!!! Totally fantastic Suze xxx
Old 10-21-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Sobriety isn't just about not drinking.
It's about confronting your fears and choosing not to hide.It's about the loss of insincerity and the shedding of veils. Sobriety is knowing your power and never ever giving it away. It's about living a life with intention-one that make your soul stir and your spirit hum. Sobriety unearths the glow that's been there all along. It is a well-earned souvenir after the fire that made you.

this old soul wants a 24 hours of sober life...
This is beautiful, thank you Erfra ❤️
Old 10-21-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

And I also love Agatha Christie Wisc!! The one advantage of having such a bad memory is that I can read my favourite Agatha Christie books over and over again and still never guess who the killer is because I always forget who the killer is!! I watched 'Death on the Nile' for about the 19th time the other week....totally forgot the ending so the twist at the end was thrilling for me. So happy you are sounding so happy Wisc xxxx
Old 10-21-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I just realised how long it is since I was on SR. Too long...
And I derailed. Nothing catastrophic happened, but I remember why I stopped drinking, I was sick of feeling sick and tired and sad all the time.
When I don’t drink, I still feel sad and tired, but I don’t feel sick.
The reason I drank recently was because I’ve been sad for so long and I was just over feeling sad all the time. A friend was keen to drink with me and I caved (I’m not blaming my friend, it was my decision).
The psychologist I had been seeing for grief counseling told my doctor that she thought I should be on antidepressants, and I was recently prescribed some, but they made me feel really sick so I only took a couple and stopped. And I haven’t been back to the doctor since. I picked up a bottle instead. Not the greatest plan. So I’m going back to my doctor.
I’m on day 2. But this time I’m not counting days, I’m just not drinking.
24 hours sober for me.
I need to work more on tackling the depression that underpins my life.
Exercise, yoga, healthy eating, daily gratitude and outdoor activities are not enough. I need some more tools in my toolbox.
I love reading and I have a couple of good books I really need to get back to and finish:
The reality slap by Russ Harris
The naked mind by Annie Grace

Any other books anyone would recommend?
Old 10-21-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Love, joy, peace.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Willow! I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you. Really really missed you. Not sure if it's the kind of book you feel like reading at the moment but 'the Power of Now' is probably the book that's had the biggest positive impact upon me. Ever. I'll have a think about other books that have helped.... I'm terrible at remembering the names of books but I'll look them up and let you know. Just wanted to give you a massive virtual hug and let you know we're all here for you and so so happy that you're back xxxxx
Old 10-21-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks Kenton! And a big virtual hug back!
Hmmmm I have “the power of now” on my bookshelf, another book I started reading and never finished... a bit of a recurring theme for me perhaps.
Not finishing reading self-help type books. I have quite a few unfinished when I looked in my bookshelf.....
I just got the Marie Kondo book a couple of days ago “the art of tidying up” which is meant to be life changing. I REALLY need to declutter, I think that will be so therapeutic.
So my current plan is to finish all four of the books I have on my coffee table (then another few self-help books that I have in my bookshelf that also were started and not finished....)
Old 10-21-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks Kenton! And a big virtual hug back!
Hmmmm I have “the power of now” on my bookshelf, another book I started reading and never finished... a bit of a recurring theme for me perhaps.
Not finishing reading self-help type books. I have quite a few unfinished when I looked in my bookshelf.....
I just got the Marie Kondo book a couple of days ago “the art of tidying up” which is meant to be life changing. I REALLY need to declutter, I think that will be so therapeutic.
So my current plan is to finish all four of the books I have on my coffee table (then another few self-help books that I have in my bookshelf that also were started and not finished....)
Hey Willow, good to see you back! Stick around, all the cool folks hang out here...

I’ve been reading ‘the unexpected joy of being sober ‘ amongst other things. Trouble is that I’m generally so tired that I only manage a few pages before I fall asleep.

Hope you’re feeling good
James
Old 10-21-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

24 more please.

Odd sort of day today, not good but not bad, not happy but not sad, not lonely but wanting company. I miss having someone to belong to, to share life’s ups and downs with, just to be there.

Paid off a big court fine today and that was liberating. Hard earned, honest money going out and it felt like a bit of a ‘screw you’ to the system I’ve been so scared of.

There’s more stuff waiting for me out there but the beauty of sobriety is the feeling that I don’t have to stress too much, it might take a little while but I’ll just earn my wages and pay what I can, when I can.

I’m a bit worried about someone I know who is drinking, but all I can do is be there to the best of my abilities. There’s no miracle cure but I can be present and offer support when it’s needed.

Nearly midnight here and I’m up at 6 for work so I’ll bid goodnight.

Peace and love
James
Old 10-21-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I love the medallion Vee

(((Willow))) Glad you came right back! So happy to see you
Old 10-21-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hola all. I’m in for another sober twenty four hours. Three day weekend is over so it’s back to work. 7:57pm here. Take care all!
Old 10-21-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Wishing the best for SoberLeigh! Here again. Here in spirit, always.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

another 24 please

badge
Old 10-21-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

24 for me please.

Xx
Old 10-21-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
And I also love Agatha Christie Wisc!!So happy you are sounding so happy Wisc xxxx
Thanks Kenton I appreciate your words....a good note to end the day on.

Hi Willow glad you are back....I can relate.

Best wishes to SL and her family.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Checking in for my 24.