Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 1

Old 10-08-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. Had a weird head all day - kind of at the front, a bit sore but more like it’s just misfiring. Not confused as such but just a bit heywire. I don’t know, it’s hard to describe. This is NOT my first time trying to give up, on the past this terrible physical feeling passed quite quickly, a week or so.

Anyway, I’m very pleased to be home and sober after a long day of all sorts of stuff. Lots of cravings but they passed.

Day four tomorrow and I’ve got a day inside all day!! My safe space. I look forward to waking up sober (if I sleep of course !! )
Old 10-08-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That's just a few dollars more than my husbands truck cost us yesterday, and now we need to fix my car.

How many drinks is 1500 dollars? Let's see, for me at almost 2 bottles per night....adding up....around 150 bottles....so that was less than 3 months drinking for me.

Every time we have a big bill to pay I think of it this way.
Hahaha.....venuscat I calculated it in booze dollars too! 😀😨😁😨😁
Old 10-08-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey all - congrats to everyone for grinding through the month and fighting to stay sober. Sorry to hear about the unexpected car and truck expenses. That definitely sucks. But impressive job keeping things in perspective and not picking up that drink.

For me, I have zero energy and feel pretty lousy overall. I am going to try to get my butt outside for a run though and just try to fight through the lethargy the best I can. I’ve got to maintain my motivation and commitment to staying alcohol free and instill a sense of hope....which is easier said than done in the early days.

Hope everyone has a good evening. I won’t pickup a drink tonight and hope none of you do either.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Please take a bottle of water with you on your run.
It's pretty hard to feel energetic and anything other than crappy in the first week or two I think....try not to push yourself too hard maybe. s
Old 10-08-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Checking in... I'm home from work, which really means home to work some more as I've got to finish a report tonight. But I don't really mind writing and at least I can do it in my sweatpants with my cat, and probably with the TV on in the background for company. I'm going to order in some dinner and try my best to relax.

I will end Day 3 sober.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

That sounds kind of perfect love.
Gosh I miss my cat....she was my hero. She saved my life.
Enjoy the evening and hope the report goes fantastically.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Hello and love to you Vinny and Tara, and all of the Octsobers. ❤️❤️
hello venus....hope you are doing well today.
Wrote in my journal like I do everyday. Had Chinese for dinner. Stuffed!!! Still have tension headaches but over all a good day. 9 days sober today and counting!
Old 10-08-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Gosh I hope the headaches dissipate soon love xx
Old 10-08-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Evening everyone. Had a weird head all day - kind of at the front, a bit sore but more like it’s just misfiring. Not confused as such but just a bit heywire. I don’t know, it’s hard to describe. This is NOT my first time trying to give up, on the past this terrible physical feeling passed quite quickly, a week or so.

Anyway, I’m very pleased to be home and sober after a long day of all sorts of stuff. Lots of cravings but they passed.

Day four tomorrow and I’ve got a day inside all day!! My safe space. I look forward to waking up sober (if I sleep of course !! )
Sorry I missed this before.

I only know that when I relapsed in 2014 (for a few months, hard), my withdrawal was a lot worse than in 2013. I really felt so tired and unwell for a good few weeks....then it got better.

I spent weeks feeling like I was misfiring as well. And I do remember feeling a bit worried at the time, but I had faith I would heal.

I have faith for all of us. s
Old 10-08-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Still sober. Going to bed so I can wake up early to finish the report, which is now all outlined. It'll be easier to finish writing first thing in the morning when my mind is fresh.

I can feel myself coming down with a cold: probably the stress of work, trying to prepare to be out on vacation next week, semi-rocky times with the bf lately as we try to navigate how and when to move in together (although last night was lovely), etc. It's been a long time since I got sick, now that I think about it, so this is probably overdue. I'm not super symptomatic yet but I know my body well enough to know the very beginnings: unusually tired, just a little bit sneezy. I'm hoping to be able to finish out the week, do what I need to do and not get super sick on vacation. Crossing my fingers. In the meantime, going to bed early.

I'm going to continue posting a ton here, so bear with me. I feel like I'm going hour by hour right now, just with everything -- trying to stay sober is only part of it. I don't always respond directly to others but I read all your posts and they all help. I hope everyone's doing well tonight.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Posting a ton and reading here has always helped me love.
So glad you have it all outlined and can get some sleep before you write it...sounds good.

Gosh, so many of us have colds right now....guess it's the time for this in the Northern Hemisphere.....still get confused as an Aussie. Like what season is it at the moment?

Sleep well and looking forward to hearing how well you did. s xx
Old 10-08-2019, 08:03 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Day 2 ticking down. Going to an AA meeting close by my house tonight.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:22 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Cheers to another sober day for all! Keep up the good work! Well, this is day 9 for me, the most days I have put together in a very very very long time. This last Friday night was a challenge, went to a surprise 40th birthday and stuck to cranberry and soda with lime, at least I looked the part, and those that I did tell I wasn't drinking were kind, needless to say I left early. Saturday night we had dinner with friends where I tried non alcoholic beer for the first time, not too bad. Physically I am doing OK, tired most days, working out is a struggle, but my sleep is improving, its nice to dream again. I have been self medicating with food since day 1 of sobriety, which I'm going to fix, getting off the booze was priority number one, no matter what it took. Its nice to be back here, and thanks for having me. I have been sipping kombucha and lacroix on nights that I crave, its just nice to have something, and the carbonation helps.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Morning all. Well done to the guys on day 9, also to those of use working through the earliest stages. Time is!

Slept for 7 hours. Absolute heaven

Today I’m working at home all day. I’ll probably go out for a walk early afternoon to get some air and break it up a bit.

If if I get cravings I plan to observe them. I find that really hard but have worked hard in last six months on mindfulness techniques.

And if i feel really in danger I’ll eat...and if all else fails I’ll go to my bed, the safest space I have. Drastic? Maybe!!!!

Old 10-08-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Can you eat something love? s xx
Hi Susie,
thanks, sorry I wasn't clear. I had eaten and drinking loads of water just still hungry and thirsty. Had a good sleep and feel bit more human today. Hope you are ok.x
Old 10-08-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,
Sorry for not responding or mentioning everyone directly but feel pretty overwhelmed right now. I love reading everyone's posts and getting to know you all.

I'm away at the weekend to see family, not big drinkers but still need to keep my wits about me. Next week Jr RAL and I are going on hols. Free drinks on the plane. I was never a plane drinker even when drinking. Nothing worse than landing in a foreign country drunk/hungover/tired/ill from drinking. I have a pile of books, will stock up on water and take healthy snacks and arrive feeling as refreshed as possible after a long flight.

Anyway, I digress. On with the day. Next week can wait till next week.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Morning RAL, I'm going on vacation next week too. I hope you have a great time and I agree, next week is next week. For today I have to deal with today!

Be123 that sounds like a pretty good plan. I'm jealous you get to work from home!

Lookingforawagon day 9 is amazing... keep it up.

Patcha, how was the meeting?

Venuscat thanks for your support and encouragement

I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off at 5 and actually feel pretty good (considering I went to sleep at 9:30.) Off to write. Back later. Day 4 for me. I haven't gotten past day 2-3 in a couple weeks so feeling pretty good about that.

SBTS
Old 10-09-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm doing a bit of wavering today but I've only been 4 days sober so I'm expecting this. I know that all I need to do is get through today without a sudden brainstorm, and then I'll deal with tomorrow when it comes.
I always give in when I have the urge to drink but I'm seeing things differently now. That doesn't make the feelings go away of course but don't have to follow them. I need to keep a detachment from it all.
Also I can counterbalance it all by thinking of all the positive things that alcohol gives me such as.......er
Old 10-09-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a good evening. I managed to go out for a run in the early evening last night and also somehow managed a decent sleep. I am still waking up convinced that I drank the night before. It takes me a few minutes to realize I actually didn’t. Mornings are infinitely better physically and mentally when you don’t spend the previous day poisoning yourself.

I’m super jealous of your upcoming vacations RAL and SBTS. Hope you have fun and relaxing trips!
Old 10-09-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just a quick message to send love, support and prayers to our class.

Sorry - I've been out of action the last few days. Heavy cold, then root canal work on my teeth. It's been really rough but I'm surviving.

Had a first counselling session, which was great and I think is going to really help. Excited about that and just moving forward in general.

Great to see you ReadyAtLast. You reay inspired me in my early days at SR a couple of years ago. Love we are in it together again xxx