Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 449

Old 07-13-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Well as you will see dear Rose....this thread is pretty fantastic.....there are a lot of people here who care about each other. Just this really BIG wonderful cuddle, every single day. x
Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

I’m in!
Old 07-13-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Another 24 please!
Old 07-13-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Congrats to all the recent milestones on here !!!
Sending thoughts and prayers for those struggling.

Count me in for another 24 hours please 🤗

Its 5:30pm EST here
Old 07-13-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Kenton you don’t deserve or need that negativity in your life. You’re amazing. Surround yourself only with those who appreciate, support and love you ❤️

Suze I hope you’re feeling more grounded and peaceful after some quiet time

(((Sunflowerlife))) I hope things work out better for you soon, sending you a big hug

I’m glad to wake up sober today after a huge craving tried to bowl me over yesterday. It was fleeting thank goodness, in response to an unexpected trigger, but it left several aftershocks, a bit like an earthquake.... (it was my Mum’s birthday and the first without her here, so I have been very emotionally fragile so probably should have expected to be more vulnerable to the AV).

It’s a sunny Sunday morning here and I’m off to a yoga class and then a walk on the beach. 24 more please
Old 07-13-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Another sweet 24 for me please & thanks.

Congrats to milestoners and my thoughts prayers & hope to you if you are struggling or suffering in any way.

Stay safe all of you suffering these terrible storms, my thoughts are with you.

Much Love 24'ers. Glad to be with you all. SP
Old 07-13-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Sending extra hugs and positive energy for (((SFL))) and anyone else who needs it

You are so sweet, thank you! Luckily I had a great day at work and now I'm lucky enough to be on the couch watching a movie with my 2 favorite humans (my boys.)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good evening or morning,

I am recovering from the California trip. Masses of people at the conference; something like 20,000! And the city was packed with tourists already, so yikes! I did ok but retreated a lot when I felt overwhelmed. Took lots of pictures and tried to manage anxiety but it got to me . I went into this very run-down after months of serious illness/ near death/brother having a breakdown in my family do why do I feel guilty that I didn’t do more/be more, etc. ? I’m just glad I got to go at all, and make a showing here and there.

I feel pretty off-track so it’s back to basics: reading, rest, normal home-cooked food and visits with family tomorrow . I’m really scared about what’s to come..like I’m expecting the worst so I need to grab onto some hands and find a way to get my chin up. I can’t isolate..need some recovery friends that I can help and who can help me. I think I’ve come to the right place. When I feel less run-down and anxious other activities will follow. It’s just a brutal time. One thing I know for sure is that a drink would make it all far worse.

Xx Red
Old 07-13-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Kenton you don’t deserve or need that negativity in your life. You’re amazing. Surround yourself only with those who appreciate, support and love you ❤️

Suze I hope you’re feeling more grounded and peaceful after some quiet time

(((Sunflowerlife))) I hope things work out better for you soon, sending you a big hug

I’m glad to wake up sober today after a huge craving tried to bowl me over yesterday. It was fleeting thank goodness, in response to an unexpected trigger, but it left several aftershocks, a bit like an earthquake.... (it was my Mum’s birthday and the first without her here, so I have been very emotionally fragile so probably should have expected to be more vulnerable to the AV).

It’s a sunny Sunday morning here and I’m off to a yoga class and then a walk on the beach. 24 more please
Thank you Willow- I am glad you got through the craving and I'm sorry it was an emotional day for you. Hope you had a great yoga class
Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Just SO SO much love dear Willow. ♥♥
Old 07-13-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
If it is possible for you to take the management position, it might be worth juggling your schedule. I know it's a big decision. s

And I am so sorry you are still going through so much angst at home. That does sound like a tough morning.

Sending oodles and oodles of love and hoping your day gets much better. ♥♥

And good morning dear dizzybee.....with you all the way!
('xept I am at my kitchen table ).
Hi Suze,
I just applied for it and I believe I can make it work without working Saturdays and Sundays. I will have to work 2 late nights a week until school starts back up. I want the money- I really want a new car and to save more for the next round of classes I take, whatever they may be. I'm working towards so many goals and I need more $$ to get there which is a beautiful thing! I have already been a manager in the department in the past (different store) so hopefully they will be okay with my limited availability and my salary request!
Love you...
Old 07-13-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening or morning,

I am recovering from the California trip. Masses of people at the conference; something like 20,000! And the city was packed with tourists already, so yikes! I did ok but retreated a lot when I felt overwhelmed. Took lots of pictures and tried to manage anxiety but it got to me . I went into this very run-down after months of serious illness/ near death/brother having a breakdown in my family do why do I feel guilty that I didn’t do more/be more, etc. ? I’m just glad I got to go at all, and make a showing here and there.

I feel pretty off-track so it’s back to basics: reading, rest, normal home-cooked food and visits with family tomorrow . I’m really scared about what’s to come..like I’m expecting the worst so I need to grab onto some hands and find a way to get my chin up. I can’t isolate..need some recovery friends that I can help and who can help me. I think I’ve come to the right place. When I feel less run-down and anxious other activities will follow. It’s just a brutal time. One thing I know for sure is that a drink would make it all far worse.

Xx Red
Recovery friend/friend-friend 100% on board and here for you 24/7.....well, maybe 16/7????

I hear you. It was brave to go love, glad you made it through dear Red.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunflowerlife View Post
hi suze,
i just applied for it and i believe i can make it work without working saturdays and sundays. I will have to work 2 late nights a week until school starts back up. I want the money- i really want a new car and to save more for the next round of classes i take, whatever they may be. I'm working towards so many goals and i need more $$ to get there which is a beautiful thing! I have already been a manager in the department in the past (different store) so hopefully they will be okay with my limited availability and my salary request!
Love you...
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 07-13-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Recovery friend/friend-friend 100% on board and here for you 24/7.....well, maybe 16/7????

I hear you. It was brave to go love, glad you made it through dear Red.
Thank you. I can live in hope and promise if I want to..even with everything that has happened/is happening. It’s not easy but it’s definitely possible in recovery. Mostly I’ll just rest this evening, and stay out of the gloomy thinking. A gratitude list...hmm? Just something like that to build back up. I’m so glad you stopped by to say hello—I could really use some cheering up.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening or morning,

Xx Red
I'm so sorry you are going through a rough patch Red. If you can think of it as a wave and remember that you will always get through to the other side, maybe it will help ease some of the pain. 20,000 people in a conference? I would have been hiding in my room as much as possible! That is a lot and you have been through a lot. Go easy on yourself and get some rest when you can. And sobriety is the best way through all of this, as you know. I can't even believe we used to drink when our lives were falling apart. How on earth did that ever help? It just didn't.
Sending you a huge hug...
Old 07-13-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Thinking cheery thoughts. s
Old 07-13-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Great work day! Only goof up as I got things together to leave, my external charger attached to cord disappeared into thin air!! Ughh but I’ve restarted my day & prayed whoever has it, will turn it by tomorrow morning
24 mo
Old 07-13-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I'm so sorry you are going through a rough patch Red. If you can think of it as a wave and remember that you will always get through to the other side, maybe it will help ease some of the pain. 20,000 people in a conference? I would have been hiding in my room as much as possible! That is a lot and you have been through a lot. Go easy on yourself and get some rest when you can. And sobriety is the best way through all of this, as you know. I can't even believe we used to drink when our lives were falling apart. How on earth did that ever help? It just didn't.
Sending you a huge hug...
Thank you Sunflower Our recoveries are something to hold on to, guaranteed. There are good things and good signs today, friends, lots of hope. I really need to stay in today. No, it never helped me cope before so I’ll definitely ride this out. It is like a wave. I’m tired so the gloom set in, and I can’t roll around in that. Ignoring the head chatter is best right now...a good dinner and an early night with a book. I’ll do a good workout in the morning.

Thank you for understanding —I thought I was being anti-social or something by not going all-day and attending networking stuff at night. I’m not alone with that wish that it was 200 people instead, I’m sure. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

Xx
Old 07-13-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Thinking cheery thoughts. s
Yay! The peppers will make things better

Xx