View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Good evening or morning,

I am recovering from the California trip. Masses of people at the conference; something like 20,000! And the city was packed with tourists already, so yikes! I did ok but retreated a lot when I felt overwhelmed. Took lots of pictures and tried to manage anxiety but it got to me . I went into this very run-down after months of serious illness/ near death/brother having a breakdown in my family do why do I feel guilty that I didn’t do more/be more, etc. ? I’m just glad I got to go at all, and make a showing here and there.

I feel pretty off-track so it’s back to basics: reading, rest, normal home-cooked food and visits with family tomorrow . I’m really scared about what’s to come..like I’m expecting the worst so I need to grab onto some hands and find a way to get my chin up. I can’t isolate..need some recovery friends that I can help and who can help me. I think I’ve come to the right place. When I feel less run-down and anxious other activities will follow. It’s just a brutal time. One thing I know for sure is that a drink would make it all far worse.

Xx Red
Recovery friend/friend-friend 100% on board and here for you 24/7.....well, maybe 16/7????

I hear you. It was brave to go love, glad you made it through dear Red.