Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 447

Old 06-24-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Bobbie, it would’ve have been great to have a security camera video the bear! then again you might be looking over your shoulder every time you’re in the back garden!

24 more here please
6.30am Monday
Mags,
I was kinda nervous last night going to bed. On our local FB page, the folks who live in the Canyon seem to accept the bears with no fear.

One woman wrote how the bear got into her house, then went into the kitchen. She was writing about concern for her new puppy. Yes, that would be a concern. But, how about us humans in the house?

I'd be FREAKING!

I also saw the bears on front porch areas, videos etc. My sweet Ken tells me the "they're more afraid of us" line...really??!!

I'm of the mind set that they are still wild animals, no matter how docile & non-threatening they appear.

Ok, enough on bears from me.

I'm checking in for my next 24.
Bobbi
Old 06-24-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Ardy,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your & Eddie Lee's good friend. He was such a young man still. My condolences to his family.

Love,
Bobbi
Old 06-24-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

24 more please x
Old 06-24-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-24-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red, such a difficult time for you love. Sending love , we’re here to support you and each other
Old 06-24-2019, 11:50 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Magsie

Ardie, sorry for the loss of you and Eddies friend.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bobbie, that would concern me if a big bear walked in my house! I guess they’re looking for food so it might be an idea to have bear food available, just in case!

24 more please
8.00am Tuesday
Old 06-25-2019, 12:26 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 06-25-2019, 01:21 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

That reminds me: Someone posted a pic of a bear after it had gotten into their jacuzzi outside....I was like Is that real?!? It was SO funny.....I think Twitter is where I saw it....

And I'll take another 24 while I'm here
Old 06-25-2019, 01:24 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

24 more hours, I'm in
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

24 more please CK & CR
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its coming up to 9.30 am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:30 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Lots of love to you and your mum Red xxx

Glad you had a good day 1newcreation!

Hello Kev! So good to hear from you and I understand, I really do. This morning my daughters were aghast because I put the wrong leggings in the wrong drawers when I was putting away the laundry!! Shock. Horror. I told them to take it up with housekeeping. Because I am the housekeeper, cook, washer up, homework monitor, dog walker, agony aunt, referee, worker and finder of everything...… no one can find anything in our house except me and sometimes it all gets a bit much. Do you know what I do now when I feel like I'm going to explode? Nothing. I sit down and make myself a cup of tea and remember that none of this really matters. No one cares whether I mop the kitchen floor before I go to bed, when I get up or whether I mop it at all. No one's going to remember me for how quickly I wash up after an evening meal. Life is all about priorities. What needs to be done? What is essential? Reading with my younger kids at night is more important than having organised cupboards. Getting to work on time every morning is more important than cleaning behind the sofa. Maybe one day I'll get to the point where I've got everything under control but I'm a long way away from that right now. For now, I just do what needs to be done and I do my best. That's all any of us can do. And if you're feeling exhausted, you need to cut yourself some slack. Because if you become ill, you'll have to do less. Look at your timetable and see where you can make changes. And in my experience, people are much better at helping than I always like to assume. Sure, if they could get away with it, my kids and husband would happily let me do everything for them but when I ask them to help, they do. Often, they do things better than I do! Stay strong Kev... and ask for help. Suze, I sent you some photos of aardvarks yesterday and just realised I didn't say who it was from.... So when you see aardvarks on your phone - that's all me! 24 more please xxxx
Old 06-25-2019, 01:38 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks
Old 06-25-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

1:48 am in California and checking in for another 24. I was having bad dreams, and now can’t fall back asleep. I can’t even remember exact details, just a feeling of something bad happening. I hate nights like that.

Hope everyone here is doing well, and hopefully I’ll be back to slumber land with some happy dreams in a bit.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:57 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
24 more please x
Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Mags,
I was kinda nervous last night going to bed. On our local FB page, the folks who live in the Canyon seem to accept the bears with no fear.

One woman wrote how the bear got into her house, then went into the kitchen. She was writing about concern for her new puppy. Yes, that would be a concern. But, how about us humans in the house?

I'd be FREAKING!

I also saw the bears on front porch areas, videos etc. My sweet Ken tells me the "they're more afraid of us" line...really??!!

I'm of the mind set that they are still wild animals, no matter how docile & non-threatening they appear.

Ok, enough on bears from me.

I'm checking in for my next 24.
Bobbi
There was a story on the news this morning about bear who walked into each someone’s house and curled up to sleep on a shelf in the closet. The police came and tried to coax him out unsuccessfully, then animal control arrived and was able to tranquilize and move him somewhere safe.

I cannot imagine having a bear in my closet. Although, there isn’t a single closet in this house that has a clean empty shelf for one to settle down on, so maybe that’s a good thing. Makes me think staying disorganized may be a good bear repellant.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:00 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
Thank you venus i’ll have a read tonight.
Been feeling very tired and the smallest things are making me grumpy. Feels safest in bed at the moment away from it all. But the month sober is in sight.. Its pay day tomorrow so maybe some retail therapy will do the trick.
Think of the money you have saved this month not drinking, retail therapy sounds treats!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Holding steady. Terrible day with my mother sent back in intensive care in the middle of the night. She was doing so well. But since she was already at the hospital and they were watching her closely for sepsis, she might beat shock for the third time, but I don’t know. Staying sober and keeping faith that tomorrow will be better. You really do have to go a day or an hour at a time. I don’t want to drink. I’m going to try to go to work tomorrow but don’t know.

24 please
I’m sorry Red, sending lots of love for you and your mom.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Hi everyone! I have (again) not posted in ages and I'm sorry to bulldoze in with a big rant but I just need to get it out.

My head is spinning and I just want to drink so badly. I think I've overloaded my plate a bit again and feeling overwhelmed, alone and not supported is my number one drinking trigger. Generally I've been doing okay, I started working with a new sponsor a while ago, I'm overall very happy in my relationship, I love my living situation (sober room mate with a cute doggo)... the only real issue being my physical health. I still am in pain every day from the accident and surgery I had a year ago.
But things overall going smoothly and me feeling happy made me think I could take on more and more and now I'm crushing under the physical and mental exhaustion. I've signed up for 3 intensive study courses at uni this summer where you have 4 weeks for each course to get through and today the 2nd one started while I still am prepping for the exam from the first one wich I will write this weekend. in the past month or so, I think I took one day off and then another because I was in too much physical pain. The weather doesn't help, it's been up to 98 F / 37 C here lately and we don't have ACs in this area.
On top of that my boyfriend has an extremely stressful week, preparing to travel for work the next 3 weeks and just now he got a bad cold and I ended up having to take care of him, while also doing all of the household and cooking myself and having no one to give me a hand.
I was getting through the day okay until after dinner when I had made him tea and given him a head massage, then read another chapter of my uni book and when I went back into the kitchen I saw that no one had done the dishes (well, I could've known since he went straight to bed after dinner) and it hit me how exhausted I already felt. I also just wanted to go to sleep and to have someone to take care of things and me not having to think about them. Again it's me who has to be responsible and check if lights are out and dishes are done and leftovers are put into the fridge and tidy up around the house. All on top of having pain and doing crazy hours for uni. It's so tricky for me to see and set my limits and I feel like society is making it extremely hard for women cause somehow we're still expected to be the ones taking care of everyone and everything and manage the household while also working on our careers whereas it seems like men aren't expected to do all of these things at the same time.
I know that it's me who's making the decisions in the end and so it was me who put myself in this position and I'm not asking for pity or anything, I just feel quite overwhelmed with tasks and responsibilities and like there is no one right now to help or who asks how I am doing and it frustrates me so much and reminded me of the days where I was busy until late night, fuelled by booze and then needed even more of that to calm myself down so I could get to sleep. Argh, I'm so angry about this and so frustrated that I am seemingly in the same situation again.

Hopefully I can look at this a little more clear headed tomorrow and figure out some necessary changes.
I have learned to say no to things, and also to ask for help. Neither of these things was easy, but I’m much happier since I’ve done this. I also don’t worry if not everything gets done.

We need to replace our dishwasher, until we’ve done that I bought a ton of paper plates, they save some of the mess. I’ve also told the kids If you use it, you wash it, that helps.

You don’t have to do it all. Talk to Uni and see if it’s possible to drop or delay one of your summer classes, your sanity is worth it.