24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 447

Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

One more sober day is what I need.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Having a rough time dear Tictoc? s
Sending love....and feel free to chat....did you have a look at the cravings thread? Here is another one that might help....it's awesome. s

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...e-surfing.html (Urge Surfing)
Thank you venus i’ll have a read tonight.
Been feeling very tired and the smallest things are making me grumpy. Feels safest in bed at the moment away from it all. But the month sober is in sight.. Its pay day tomorrow so maybe some retail therapy will do the trick.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Oh Ardy, so much love dear friend. So much loss, but you and Eddie Lee still have each other after EVERYTHING you have been through....seems like you are one pretty tough clown lady to me sweetie. s

And panic attacks suck....they are the bain of my existence. s xx
Old 06-24-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 06-24-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please - another 24 is needed.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours for me please
Sending lots of love and support to everyone struggling ❤️
Old 06-24-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 06-24-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Joining the gang by checking in for my 24.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Holding steady. Terrible day with my mother sent back in intensive care in the middle of the night. She was doing so well. But since she was already at the hospital and they were watching her closely for sepsis, she might beat shock for the third time, but I don’t know. Staying sober and keeping faith that tomorrow will be better. You really do have to go a day or an hour at a time. I don’t want to drink. I’m going to try to go to work tomorrow but don’t know.

24 please
Old 06-24-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I have (again) not posted in ages and I'm sorry to bulldoze in with a big rant but I just need to get it out.

My head is spinning and I just want to drink so badly. I think I've overloaded my plate a bit again and feeling overwhelmed, alone and not supported is my number one drinking trigger. Generally I've been doing okay, I started working with a new sponsor a while ago, I'm overall very happy in my relationship, I love my living situation (sober room mate with a cute doggo)... the only real issue being my physical health. I still am in pain every day from the accident and surgery I had a year ago.
But things overall going smoothly and me feeling happy made me think I could take on more and more and now I'm crushing under the physical and mental exhaustion. I've signed up for 3 intensive study courses at uni this summer where you have 4 weeks for each course to get through and today the 2nd one started while I still am prepping for the exam from the first one wich I will write this weekend. in the past month or so, I think I took one day off and then another because I was in too much physical pain. The weather doesn't help, it's been up to 98 F / 37 C here lately and we don't have ACs in this area.
On top of that my boyfriend has an extremely stressful week, preparing to travel for work the next 3 weeks and just now he got a bad cold and I ended up having to take care of him, while also doing all of the household and cooking myself and having no one to give me a hand.
I was getting through the day okay until after dinner when I had made him tea and given him a head massage, then read another chapter of my uni book and when I went back into the kitchen I saw that no one had done the dishes (well, I could've known since he went straight to bed after dinner) and it hit me how exhausted I already felt. I also just wanted to go to sleep and to have someone to take care of things and me not having to think about them. Again it's me who has to be responsible and check if lights are out and dishes are done and leftovers are put into the fridge and tidy up around the house. All on top of having pain and doing crazy hours for uni. It's so tricky for me to see and set my limits and I feel like society is making it extremely hard for women cause somehow we're still expected to be the ones taking care of everyone and everything and manage the household while also working on our careers whereas it seems like men aren't expected to do all of these things at the same time.
I know that it's me who's making the decisions in the end and so it was me who put myself in this position and I'm not asking for pity or anything, I just feel quite overwhelmed with tasks and responsibilities and like there is no one right now to help or who asks how I am doing and it frustrates me so much and reminded me of the days where I was busy until late night, fuelled by booze and then needed even more of that to calm myself down so I could get to sleep. Argh, I'm so angry about this and so frustrated that I am seemingly in the same situation again.

Hopefully I can look at this a little more clear headed tomorrow and figure out some necessary changes.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

(((Ardy))) (((RBJ))) (((Kevlarsjal2)))

And hugs to whoever else needs one
Old 06-24-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

24 please
Old 06-24-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Holding steady. Terrible day with my mother sent back in intensive care in the middle of the night. She was doing so well. But since she was already at the hospital and they were watching her closely for sepsis, she might beat shock for the third time, but I don’t know. Staying sober and keeping faith that tomorrow will be better. You really do have to go a day or an hour at a time. I don’t want to drink. I’m going to try to go to work tomorrow but don’t know.

24 please
It might be best to work from home tomorrow. Oh gosh, this is horrendously hard....just sending more love and prayers. With you every step honey. xx ♥♥
Old 06-24-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Oh kev....I hear you honey. All the way. s

Well, the thing is, we do take all of this on.....so when it is too much we need to ask our partners for help. Mine always does....I bet yours will as well.

And love....you might need to drop one course....I did this last year and nearly killed myself....for why? There is time. We don't need to work ourselves to distraction. Just my thoughts. s xx
Old 06-24-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It might be best to work from home tomorrow. Oh gosh, this is horrendously hard....just sending more love and prayers. With you every step honey. xx ♥♥
Thank you my friend. I’m holding on to hope—there is good reason to be hopeful. So good to have your friendship, and everyone here. Real friends I have made in sobriety are such a blessing.

Xxxxx
Old 06-24-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

24hr me! 10:07pm here. So, so glad to be sober these days. It’s all worth it 👍
Old 06-24-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of pep in my step? Thank you.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Happy to be sober today!

8:20 PM in the San Juan Islands.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:41 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗

Nite 😴

11:40pm EST
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

I was hit on by chick who’s a temp like me & an employee damn bwahaha Never happened before so I’m feeling loved since might be another long time that happening again on same day
24 pls