Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 440

Old 04-23-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

count me in for 24 hours sober.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:34 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"Good things and success don't come to those who sit and do nothing; they come to those who stand up and do something." - Charles Sullivan

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

No pic for that one and I am getting boring with the pics I create....(must learn Photoshop ), so I have chosen one that follows on from yours dear abcowboy. ♥♥
Old 04-23-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Signing on for another 24. It's such a grounding constant to check-in here each day and seeing everyone do the same.

Very appreciative for the support and slow simmering confidence that keeps building.

Enjoy the day ahead.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

24 more PLEASE!!! It’s a beautiful Tuesday morning and yet my heart is heavy! A beautiful service for my dear friend and all felt peaceful then boom the bomb went off again. My dear friends, who helped shape my journey towards true sobriety’s son killed himself yesterday... he was like a little brother through the years to me. He leaves 4 kids behind 5th grade and under! I can’t imagine the pain! I’m sooo grateful for my sobriety so I can feel and not numb! This is soooo very hard! Like what’s next? I know my HP is carrying me and everyone! Hug your friends and family today folks! ❤️
Old 04-23-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Oh Minion.....that is so so awful love. I am so very sorry.
We are ALL with you honey. ♥♥
Old 04-23-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 04-23-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

24 more, please. Thank you. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT....(ish ).

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

100ggs
1newcreation
abcowboy
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
beerbgone
BuffyDog
Canadian Koala
CaseyW
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coco6054
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Fallow
Finalcall
FoieGras
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hawkeye13
Hevyn
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
Lena1231
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Paperbag
PhoenixJ
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflower84
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
theVman31
time2LLL60
Timebuster
Tinker B
trudgingagain
Tynesider22
Upstairs
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy every single day....sorry I changed today's.

April 23, 2019

All of us ~ another awesome sober day! ♥ 😊

Old 04-23-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Magsie

Minion, so sorry
Old 04-23-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

I was in a weird accident yesterday driving turn a sharp corner at 40 kilometres them it felt like donkey Kong just drop a banana peel in from of me and went spinning. And today I feel fear. But glad that I was calm and didn’t find it as an excuse to get drunk like I would have many moons back.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Oh erfra.....so much love.
And so very glad that you are OK.
I think the shock take s a a few days to wear off. ♥♥
Old 04-23-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Erfa---glad to hear your ok----Sorry this happened

24 more please

Babs
Old 04-23-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more please at 10:41 am.

Have a a good day all!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi all ... have not been on for a long time.. it seems.. Eddie Lee had major open heart surgery April 14th.. the 10 EMT's took him to ER for a 12 hour sit in the waiting room.. I found out about it and in 2 hours had hiked yes kids hiked my way back 19 miles to St Lukes and Eddie Lee. by 4:30pm I went to front desk you did a blood sample at 12 noon what have you found out. she was blank.. they came to the waiting area to do another. 6:30 he had not eaten since early morning and we needed to rest.. back to front desk say kiddo we live 9 blocks from here and he is done in.. could we go home and you call us to come back if the blood test shows something. blank look again.. at 9pm I was in a big Marine KNOT.. Say Dummy my hubby is grey and shaking if he dies here will someone see. him.. they jumped.. but at midnight . well we can't find anything we have an appoint ment for you to see your family Doc tomorrow morning at 10am.. see what he thinks.. I had to walk my hubby out and 3 blocks to the car. at midnight.. next morning at our Doc office.. they looked over all the ER visit findings.. did a blood pressure look hey he was batting it out of the part 187/196 I looked the PA in the face and said wow that has to be right up there with Teddy and the Rough Riders last hit.. she had no clue.. Doc said after 10 minutes look we just don't see anything. I got nasty. so I take him home lay him down and go to work.. if I come home and find a body that is turning a strange gray blue what give you a call and see what you think then.. I was M A D sent us over to another Doc for a blood test its Thrusday 4/11 at 10:45am doc there could do the blood sample but no one there to do the work up to see what it showed Go home we will call you if there is something.. right.. kids this was nuts with squirrels running the office.. home just had laid down we were done in. I could see in his face that my hubby did not have long.. phone rings tech is upset we have to have you back at ER now. I drove over without Eddie Lee to take a look how backed up is it. yep they were stacking people like cord wood for the winter. no not at 2pm for another 12 hours.. Eddie Lee was resting and a better color.. Friday morning 5am.. he was not good got him up and dressed and over and they were not happy to see us.. Really People here is all the paper work and the word of the protine that is killing his heart. Doc saw the computer screen by accident started screaming MASH Style at people by 10am Friday morning we had a special surgeon that would go thro his hip to heart to take a look. 5 hours later this very nice Doc held my shoulders looked me in the eyes and said If I saw "Widow Maker" too you are you going to be upset. I said how bad is his heart and brain.. he looked at me and said we have to do surgery in the next 36 hours to see if we can save him... went to floor 10 4 RNS and 2 doc round the clock.. Sunday at 7am I kissed him and said be good and don't you do anything silly for I will find you and kick your ass I love you Babe.. he laughed and said I love you too Toots.. his family came and sat with me.. we saw Eddie lee again at 5:30pm he had so many things coming in and out of him and a huge machine I dubbed R2D2 for all the lights and beeps. his Mom (Dear Heart ) wanted to stay and watch him.. I said not good for you not good for me and they have to do so much for my Hubby and your Son.. we have to just let them have the space. I was up at 2am Monday morning Jack was all over me.. Grandma get up .. I am coming Babe I hear you Iam coming.. got to St Lukes they had to tie him down he was coming around and a mess.. they could not have him move or try to take tubes out of his body. kept out of their way and shouted orders to the Silly old thing in the bed.. you will listen up you will stop.. and you will be still. and then he raised a hand and I took it stayed until 9am he was resting and I needed to lay down..

all this time acid reflux Bull Horns it was his heart screaming at his brain and the brain screaming at his body.. he is better it will be a long haul. but my Eddie Lee is my Eddie Lee from 1992 again..

Love to you all and know that you have been thinking of me for I could hear your voices. really love Ardy..
Old 04-23-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 04-23-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Magsie

ardy ’s for you and your husband x
Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

(((ardy))) ♥♥

So much love to both of you and continued prayers for Eddie Lee's recovery.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:37 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sending some love to you, Ardy.

Minion - it's so tragic. Prayers going up for you to be comforted.

Another 24 for me please.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sending oodles of love to you dear Red. ♥♥♥
Still praying honey....every day.

And hi tgirl love and yukonm. xx s ♥♥
Thank you. It’s an extended nightmare and I hope there is just one little bit of good news this week. It’s hard to function at work. I just don’t care anymore.