Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 438

Old 04-09-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

24strong
Old 04-09-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Well, I’m back, again. I lost count of how many times I’ve returned, only to drop off into my habit hell.

Today is day 2, after a “better than I deserve” day 1. I spent a great deal of time on this site and listened to praise and worship music on Pandora all day at work. It got me through the day and I’m so thankful for all of you being here. ♥️ It didn’t get rough until about 10:30 last night when a craving hit. It was all I could do to not run to the store for some alcohol.

Count me in for 24 hours of sobriety. Glad to be back.
Just a beautiful miracle to have you back with us....and we talked about you yesterday.....I have missed you so much love.

Every time we fall down dear Optimist, we get up stronger. With more resolve and determination. This is something we get to choose, because I know there is a lot of pain in the way. But the part of you that keeps making that choice to say NO to your demons....our demons....you are loving you. And that self-love led you back here, and now we all get to help.

Because we do this together.

S xx
Old 04-09-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
I'm back home with my sweet Ken, my Sara cat & Olive kitty. A wonderful vacation! My first ever Solo cruise, and 2 nights on my own in New Orleans! I'm so proud of myself for going waaay out of my comfort zone.

I'm in for my next 24 too.
Bobbi
I am so seriously proud of you too darling Bobbi!!!
Just awesome....and I know this might be a funny thing to say, but I can feel Gilmer smiling at you big time. Gosh she would be thrilled to see you having so much fun!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hi Hevyn! I love Margate and Brighton but this time we are in sunny Bournemouth. And it is sunny!! It's gorgeous here today. We just went for a really long walk and when we stopped for lunch, my husband's step counter said he'd walked 13,400 steps and my step counter said I'd walked 10,200 steps. But we'd walked exactly the same walk!! I've suspected this for a while.... He always beats me in our step challenges and I think either his step counter is over counting or mine is under counting. My husband is rational, moderate and sane so he just shrugged it off and talked about something else. Not me. I started counting our steps. In my head. Because I wanted to know whose step counter is faulty. I managed it for about 12 minutes and then the need to talk became too great and I started talking and lost count. We're now back after a 4 hour hike. He's done 16,000 steps and I've done just under 13,000 apparently. It all seems very suspicious to me. Whatever the true count, my feet hurt and I feel very happy. And sleepy. Sea air is continuing to work it's magic. I slept for over 9 hours last night!! It's unbelievable. Even the kids slept that long. We're sleeping as much as our labrador. I love it here. Love to everyone ❤️ and 24 more for me please xxxx
That is hysterical. And I would have done exactly the same thing. And I still really want to know why the apps are acting differently. He he he.....gosh your life is wonderful honey.....much deserved. So very happy for you.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Kenton - Try switching step counters with your husband without recalibrating your step length.

Another 24 for me please
Oooooo good idea love!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Amanda05
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
beerbgone
Canadian Koala
CaseyW
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coco6054
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
FoieGras
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hawkeye13
Hevyn
Jack16
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
Lena1231
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Paperbag
Peaches1234
PhoenixJ
Plenny
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
Soberwolf
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
theVman31
time2LLL60
tomls
trudgingagain
Tynesider22
Upstairs
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

♥ thank you dear abcowboy ♥
(Just noticed the "a" in there....missed that because it was so pretty! )

April 9, 2019

CaseyW ~ 1 week!
Bailey3 ~ 1 month!
badgerden ~ 1 year & 6 months!!
Zanna ~ 2 years & 3 months!
BuddinK ~ 6 years & 1 month!

Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hi Hevyn! I love Margate and Brighton but this time we are in sunny Bournemouth. And it is sunny!! It's gorgeous here today. We just went for a really long walk and when we stopped for lunch, my husband's step counter said he'd walked 13,400 steps and my step counter said I'd walked 10,200 steps. But we'd walked exactly the same walk!! I've suspected this for a while.... He always beats me in our step challenges and I think either his step counter is over counting or mine is under counting. My husband is rational, moderate and sane so he just shrugged it off and talked about something else. Not me. I started counting our steps. In my head. Because I wanted to know whose step counter is faulty. I managed it for about 12 minutes and then the need to talk became too great and I started talking and lost count. We're now back after a 4 hour hike. He's done 16,000 steps and I've done just under 13,000 apparently. It all seems very suspicious to me. Whatever the true count, my feet hurt and I feel very happy. And sleepy. Sea air is continuing to work it's magic. I slept for over 9 hours last night!! It's unbelievable. Even the kids slept that long. We're sleeping as much as our labrador. I love it here. Love to everyone ❤️ and 24 more for me please xxxx
Steps per mile are mainly determined by one's height. I will use measurements that I am familiar with but you can transpose to kilometers. So a person whom is six feet for example, averages 2000 steps per mile. A person 5'4 would take 2600 steps to walk the same mile. Think of shorter frame, shorter legs, more steps needed to complete the same distance. Even a couple of inches in height difference could equate to thousands of steps over a day. Now, if you are the same height, then I would suspect that one's counter is out of calibration. If you have an Iphone, there is a built in counter in the health app that is pretty reliable on counting steps, but not miles walked. I found an awesome and inexpensive counter on Amazon that correlates nearly perfectly with my phone. Hope this helps.

In for another 24 hours today!

Congrats to the many milestoners this morning!

Have a good day all!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I bet it does help dear star. ♥♥
Old 04-09-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Re-Member

24 hours of sobriety coming up.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good Morning SR!

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Feeling GREAT!

I remember a couple years ago, not knowing how to live my life without alcohol. How could I ever come out of my shell without my liquid confidence, how could I ever fit in or feel comfortable??? How could I be Happy without my (evil) friend, alcohol?

Now I realize that these ARE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!! Why did I wait so long? How did I go on for soooo many years planning my life around drinking?

Just trying to give hope to newcomers or anyone struggling! There IS a better life! Take that chance, be strong during the struggle, especially in the early days. I found my strength here at SR! Thank You ALL!
Old 04-09-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

^^^
Just an awesome post dear Quitter!
Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Awake ~ hi love ~ are you OK? ♥♥
Old 04-09-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

24 please

badge
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Quitter---thank you for your post-----I need that reminder more than you
know some days.
24 more please
Babs
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Just a beautiful miracle to have you back with us....and we talked about you yesterday.....I have missed you so much love.

Every time we fall down dear Optimist, we get up stronger. With more resolve and determination. This is something we get to choose, because I know there is a lot of pain in the way. But the part of you that keeps making that choice to say NO to your demons....our demons....you are loving you. And that self-love led you back here, and now we all get to help.

Because we do this together.

S xx
Thank you for the warm welcome back and the perfect advice!
Love and hugs!

XOXOXOXO
Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 04-09-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hello Suze! Hello everyone 😊

Thanks so much Lyddie and Star for the advice about the step counters. We've swapped step counters today and it's hilarious...... We both keep sneaking off to do extra steps without the other one seeing! We're so desperate to be the step champion. I might attach my step counter to the dog's collar next time I take him out. Four legs have got to add up to more steps than two. Talking of the dog, we found a shop earlier that sells ice cream for dogs! It came in a tub and looked exactly like regular ice cream. The lady in the shop gave us a little spoon to use to feed the ice cream to the dog. He didn't need the spoon. He ate the tub.

Great to see you back Optimist, love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx
Old 04-09-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

In for 24 more! 11:13 CST
Old 04-09-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I'd like another 24 hours of peace and sober serenity please
Old 04-09-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Kenton - Thx for the laugh - loved the idea of putting your step counter on the dog.

Another 24 for me please