Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 436

Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hugs Red! Hang in there. Being stuck in your head is a tough one. Just don’t drink. I know you know that it won’t help.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I just need to reach out and say I’m struggling before I drink. I don’t even want to. It’s just life and it can get harsh sometimes. I don’t have to go it alone. I like being around other people, and even if it’s online it’s what I need. There is so much good in my life.

24 please. Holding steady. I’ll find something to eat right away.
Red stay strong. Drinking WILL NOT make anything better. Some days just down right suck, but your going to be so much happier with yourself tomorrow when you wake up with a clear head and the day will probably be a much better day than today.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

24 more hours please.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bailey3 View Post
Hugs Red! Hang in there. Being stuck in your head is a tough one. Just don’t drink. I know you know that it won’t help.
Thank you. It’s like this churning wheel of negativity... ‘Things will always be this way’. But I know that’s a lie. Those awful feelings pass..you have to wait. Nothing worth ruining your life over. So I got ready for bed and made some supper. It’s only 6 but it works.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

24 please
Old 03-19-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Stay strong Red! It's just a bad moment. Or a bad collection of moments. Maybe it's a bad day. But that's all it is. And you're stronger than a bad day. You can handle this. And tomorrow will be better and you'll be stronger because all these feelings you're experiencing right now are building strength. That's the gift of bad days. They make us strong and they make us appreciate the good days so much more. We're here to listen and to care because we love you Red. You're not on your own. Sending as much love and support across the Atlantic that the universe will allow ... which is a lot xxxx and I'm also sending you reiki.... just sent it....should be arriving any moment. Stay strong Red, you are so loved xxxx
Old 03-19-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
24 more please--feeling a little fragile today, though not tempted to drink over it
Sending love sweetheart.

Originally Posted by Happycamper109 View Post
I am tired of drinking but trying to quit (as I have tried several times) seems so overwhelming. I will start with committing to 24 hours.
Hello and welcome.
So very glad you joined us ~ this thread is pretty powerful....we are here for each other all the way.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Stay strong Red! It's just a bad moment. Or a bad collection of moments. Maybe it's a bad day. But that's all it is. And you're stronger than a bad day. You can handle this. And tomorrow will be better and you'll be stronger because all these feelings you're experiencing right now are building strength. That's the gift of bad days. They make us strong and they make us appreciate the good days so much more. We're here to listen and to care because we love you Red. You're not on your own. Sending as much love and support across the Atlantic that the universe will allow ... which is a lot xxxx and I'm also sending you reiki.... just sent it....should be arriving any moment. Stay strong Red, you are so loved xxxx
Thank you my friend. You brought tears to my eyes. Means a lot right now

Xx
Old 03-19-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Feeling frustrated, lonely, trapped—I’ve not had an opportunity to talk to others much today, so you know I’m stuck in my own head and came home to an empty house...ugh! I need to talk to someone sober so I came here. Not even talk about problems just anything. My strong feelings are loosely based on facts and have some merit but no! It’s not what it seems. Part of me wants to break everything wide open and drink and leave town and say it’s not worth it anymore and I can’t stand another second of this. But I think of all that’s been happening ..I’m just hitting all my HALTS letters. Everyone understands that—I just need to reach out and say I’m struggling before I drink. I don’t even want to. It’s just life and it can get harsh sometimes. I don’t have to go it alone. I like being around other people, and even if it’s online it’s what I need. There is so much good in my life.

24 please. Holding steady. I’ll find something to eat right away.

Xx

Red
You reached out and said that you are struggling....before you drank.

That is the most courageous choice....not easy at all....but gosh I am proud of you....it sucks to still have these thoughts, but I know how it is when things are as stressful as they are for you right now...."leaving town" is kind of what anyone would want as it gets as hard as this...and as recovering alkies, well, we know in the back of our minds that there is that choice....sort of....the choice is there.....it would ruin everything though, so what kind of choice is it really? I know you know that....this stuff tests us....but you are getting through love. Really you are.

With you honey....every day. We love you. ♥♥
Old 03-19-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 03-19-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You reached out and said that you are struggling....before you drank.

That is the most courageous choice....not easy at all....but gosh I am proud of you....it sucks to still have these thoughts, but I know how it is when things are as stressful as they are for you right now...."leaving town" is kind of what anyone would want as it gets as hard as this...and as recovering alkies, well, we know in the back of our minds that there is that choice....sort of....the choice is there.....it would ruin everything though, so what kind of choice is it really? I know you know that....this stuff tests us....but you are getting through love. Really you are.

With you honey....every day. We love you. ♥♥
Love you too Suze. Thank you. You know, I think I want to run because I can’t keep this up, I can’t cope—but I can and I am. If today that meant not sleeping, dragging through the day, coming home and going straight to bed because it’s safe there then fine. Not every day is like this. We can’t accept our limitations and humanity easily. We’re scared of that—we want to run. I want to change the way I feel, my life, all of it...but instead I’m going to stay.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Love you too Suze. Thank you. You know, I think I want to run because I can’t keep this up, I can’t cope—but I can and I am. If today that meant not sleeping, dragging through the day, coming home and going straight to bed because it’s safe there then fine. Not every day is like this. We can’t accept our limitations and humanity easily. We’re scared of that—we want to run. I want to change the way I feel, my life, all of it...but instead I’m going to stay.
Yes. Just yes. And more love. And I am smiling at you with all of my heart. ♥♥♥
Old 03-19-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Checking in for 24 more at 9:12 pm
Old 03-19-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Checking in. Phone is breaking so hard to check In daily.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:52 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Another 24.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

24 more please universe
Old 03-19-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Checking in. Phone is breaking so hard to check In daily.
We know you are here love... ♥♥
And grrrrrr.......bloody phones.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Why certainly! I'll commit to stay sober the next 24 hours!

7:11 PM in the forest.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I have missed checking-in for a week because I went on my first cross-country, five hour flight since quitting 78 days ago and I DID NOT DRINK! I was so nervous about how I was going to stay sober when flying. But I learned from others who have posted and practiced. I always knew I had SR if I got tempted.

So, please sign me up for another 24 hours with this beautiful and wonderful group who are taking life on SOBER one day at a time! 10:30 (EST)
Old 03-19-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

May please have another 24 hours with a side of relief for Red? Thank you.