24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 411

Old 09-28-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I think I’m in a eternal melancholy

24 more for this soul please

Have a wonderful Friday
Old 09-28-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

24 more please. Visiting friends who like to drink (a lot). And they didn’t even offer me a glass, all of my no thank you s must have made an effect, I was a little wistful I must say

Badge - 12
Old 09-28-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
I think I’m in a eternal melancholy

24 more for this soul please

Have a wonderful Friday

Hugs to you erfra
Old 09-28-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Goat here for 24 more beautiful hours

Old 09-28-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 09-28-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

[CENTER]September 28, 2018

Free2bme888 ~ 4 months!
Bump! . .

Time to celebrate Free2bme888’s beautiful success!

Way to go, girl! Congratulations!
Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Hugs to you erfra
Old 09-28-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hiya all - I think I may have again missed checking in today. 6:40pm in the UK and 24 hours for me.

I do know I've only been checking in intermittently and not been hugely supportive of others. Not through lack of interest, just started a new job 2 weeks ago and very mentally draining. So snoring like a new-born by 8:30pm!! BUT I love what I'm doing - to the younger team members it's boring - but I love what I'm doing. Plus the people are great.

Looking back over the posts seeing so many people who mean a lot to me - Venus, Delilah, Leigh, goat - so many more. And seeing where you are on your journeys. I do apologise I have not been behind you enough. Your posts each day keep me going. Whether you are winning the battle or struggling - it means so much to me. Thank you for being so candid.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Everyone. Checking in from Florida for 24 hours please.

Congratulations to Free2beme on your 4 month milestone. Well Done.

Prayers for those struggling or going through hard times. ((HUGS))

1:54 p.m.
EST
Old 09-28-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

24 more please. I have been having a few too many embellished fond memories of my former party lifestyle. I saw a quote from an interview with Florence of the Florence and the machine that I really liked.

"Wouldn't it be a relief to go partying now? What if you just f***** it all up? What if you drove all this into the ground?" She shakes her head like there's water in her ear. "It's still there. This 'What if I could take a day off, a break from this magical energy?' But," she grins, "it passes".

It does pass. Reading the class of September posts makes me want to hug them all and beg them to hold on. You must hold on to get better. For the terrible sickness to go away and the anxiety to dissipate. You must hold on to get to where you want to go. If you fall down, get right back up. I know if I went back out, it wouldn't be long before I would lose everything. Today I won't go back. Today I will look forward to the goals I've set and the plans I've made. They will be impossible to achieve if I go back.

Congrats to all the milestoners I missed. You guys keep me sober. Knowing I'm not alone makes this journey so much lighter. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 09-28-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

An evening check-in today.

Love to all

-x-
Old 09-28-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Really great post Goodbyeevan ❤️

Yay that’s soooo awesome Kenton. I love reading your words! And everyone in the world is going to get a chance to read your work soon. And thanks for the worry tree Kenton and Venuscat ❤️

Congratulations Free on 4 months, you’re aMAYzing ❤️

Support, love and hugs to everyone struggling today, we’re here for you, with you in your struggle

24 more please
Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartAnew68 View Post
Hiya all - I think I may have again missed checking in today. 6:40pm in the UK and 24 hours for me.

I do know I've only been checking in intermittently and not been hugely supportive of others. Not through lack of interest, just started a new job 2 weeks ago and very mentally draining. So snoring like a new-born by 8:30pm!! BUT I love what I'm doing - to the younger team members it's boring - but I love what I'm doing. Plus the people are great.

Looking back over the posts seeing so many people who mean a lot to me - Venus, Delilah, Leigh, goat - so many more. And seeing where you are on your journeys. I do apologise I have not been behind you enough. Your posts each day keep me going. Whether you are winning the battle or struggling - it means so much to me. Thank you for being so candid.
You are a beautiful person....and we feel your love and support.
But thank you....because that means SO much to me. I love that we care about each other in this incredible uncaring self-centred world....we have a chance every day to make a difference, and we do.

Mooshy group hug. ♥♥

PS.....full support to you girl.....awesome on the job and every step you are taking.
And sleep as much as you need to: it is healing. It means you are healing.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Sat 2.30 EST and I'll be soberly watching the big game on TV--------------
Old 09-28-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober please.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Phew! That was a great day working for my new Employer!! Tired but it’s a good tired which haven’t had in several wks. Very grateful as I travel home. Btw, loved your worry tree Ms V
Old 09-28-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I’m just on my way home from my date. I had a nice time, he was charming and interesting like some of the other guys I went on dates with recently. But I don’t feel anything. I enjoy talking to them and I see that they are physically attractive, they smell good and still I don’t feel anything. Which worries me a little bit.
I do actually wonder whether maybe my feeling attracted or being in love which would usually happen way too quickly was just something unhealthy, a desire to be completed by another person, wanting them to make that emptiness and pain go away. Basically the same reasons I drank for. What if I was never really in love but just projecting things and was in love with the idea about no longer suffering by being close to that person.
Now that I learned that no one can “make my pain go away” and also that I no longer really feel like I need an outside fix (may that be a substance or a person) for my depression, maybe my excitement for men just died out? Like I no longer get excited about drugs or alcohol.

I don’t know how much sense I make but I just had that thought that maybe I have lost the ability to feel the same way of excitement and desire that I used to feel. Just like I no longer get excited about seeing a bottle of wine. Cause I no longer seek the effects of it. Chances are I’m just overthinking again. But it’s true that I thought the cure to my sadness and pain would lie in being with someone. And I no longer believe that.

Good night and much love from a confused and tired Kevlar!
Old 09-28-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Had a busy day, didn't have time to get on here until now. My father is at home, seems like I convinced him to keep the walker I bought him and not take it back to the store. He is still feeling sick but managing during the day. Its the night time that is difficult. Probably going to have to stay up most of the night to help him. It is hard to hear him cry and whine. Here for another 24.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

(((whopper))) You are doing an amazing job love.....I know how hard this is.