Notices

A Different Path Part 6

Old 09-21-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Just so much love....and more and more and more....we have endless amounts for you darling Kathy. Tears here too.

And wonderful news about your grandbaby.

♥♥
Old 09-21-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thank you, my beloved, beloved friends.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Now I got tears too.
Prayers Gilly, no words this time
Old 09-21-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

There has been more positivity since I last wrote.

For one thing, another book sold. And I have gotten myself to chillax and not inconvenience everyone in my sphere just so I can get the boxes tomorrow and ship immediately, simply because I am ****!

Somebody for whom it is convenient is going to assist me on the last eligible day, Tuesday, and over a cigar I prayed and made myself fine with it.

Secondly, my husband is out of town, and I thought the responsible, wifely thing to do would be to share my feelings with him--because spouses are supposed to be concerned with each other emotionally, and I know he cares. (Neither one of us is a good face-to-face enunciator of anything deep, so we just don't).

So I sent him the post above about Alice the registrar.

He said simply that he was sorry.

Then a half hour later I got a call from a young friend of his whom we had not spoken to in ten years. He had already had a phonecall with my husband.

When he had asked my husband what was new, my husband said simply that I'm dying of cancer, then changed the subject. They continued to talk for awhile, mainly about the young man's lack of vocational and general life direction since the church of which he had been the pastor voted him out.

He and I spoke of various, similar things. My nose was totally stuffy when I talked to him, but we talked on and on about how joy and growth are often the fruit of suffering, and you just don't know what the Lord is going to use in your life to teach you and ultimately bless you.

He said that he wasn't very fulfilled intellectually or financially in the hourly job he was working--but most of all, he didn't feel that he was being used very much these days as a vehicle of God's grace.

We talked on and on about life histories, families, etc. We each thought it was a little odd that my husband would have him call me; I probably had exchanged no more than ten words with him previously.

Eventually he said that he could tell that these must be really rich times for me. With my stuffy, nasal voice and the snot coming out of my nose, he said, "When you picked up the phone, it sounded like the voice of an angelic being. Sheer joy just radiated out of it."

I immediately fell apart and said, "That was it! That was the reason the Lord had you call me. The Lord just used you really big-time to minister to me on a very desperate day. To say that even NOW I'm radiating JOY--I don't know what to say. THAT was the moment this phone call was for."

We talked on for awhile, and i gave him my email address for the future (phonecalls aren't my preference).

He just emailed me to see to it that I now have his address.

I'm sure we'll keep up and hopefully send little encouragements from time to time.

I texted my husband how grateful I was that he pushed his friend my way. He was glad it helped. We'll talk at greater length about it when he comes home tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So although it is hard for both of you....you and your husband.....you know how very much he cares and loves you.....that he discussed his feelings with this young man, however briefly.....that is a big deal I know.

And although you may not feel heavenly right now, we see you filled with light and love....hope you have a good rest tonight honey. ♥♥
Old 09-21-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Gilly- you go girl
Old 09-21-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yeah. We spent a lot of the marriage thinking the other was bad or lacking. Now we see that we're just very different, and we do our best to appreciate and complement the differences.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Because my lady tenant no doubt heard me crying this afternoon--and because her husband saw me around dinnertime looking like a horror show--red nose, eyes like red balloons with big black bags underneath--she invited me back at the end of their dinner party with friends for some of her husband's birthday cake.

The guests had already polished off a gigantic bottle of wine--I swear, it must have been a gallon, but instead of looking like a short, squat gallon like a milk jug or an old Almaden or Gallo bottle, it was shaped like a regular bottle, just super tall and wide.

My male tenant and our neighbor are both Aussies, and they and the other two guys were all wound up and taunting one another and accusing one another of being Kiwis!

I stayed for the lighting of the candles and the eating of the cake, but politely thanked my hostess and dismissed myself afterward.

It was extremely kind and loving of her to have thought of me, and I appreciated it!
Old 09-21-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

All in all, this has been a most extraordinary day.

A good old friend is coming over tomorrow, and she is itching to hear all about my Florida trip!

I bet she has already heard a glowing review from Lauren, the FL transplant who drove three hours to meet with us.

Good night, gang!

Thank you for loving me tonight.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Goodnight love xx
Old 09-21-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

oh what a day, Kathy!
i'm glad you cried. though sorry for the pain that brought you to it.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wow Kathy, a rollercoaster of emotions we’ve travelled with you love.

Hope you had a restful sleep.

I feel so grateful and privileged to be here, ,thank you Kathy from the bottom of my heart. xx
Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm sorry I missed being along on your day, Gilmer. I hope your sleep is peaceful.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:53 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

peace in your sleep, Gilly
Old 09-21-2018, 09:32 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've earned your rest today Kathy - sleep well

D
Old 09-21-2018, 10:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Yes, sleep well, Kathy.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Kathy, hope you wake to a lovely day xx
Old 09-22-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Mr

Still positive and seeing the good in everyone. You are always a simple reminder to me to kick myself in the b*tt.

. K
Old 09-22-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Vinny:

Thanks, you guys.

It was another night of sound, uninterrupted sleep.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Magsie

, to an undisturbed night’s sleep, Kathy!